Opinions on Naturalgear camo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Naturalgear camo?

vertigo7
02-08-2004, 17:57
www.naturalgear.com (http://www.naturalgear.com)

Have any of you tried their stuff? How does it compare with other camo gear like Mossy Oak?

Dogbite
02-08-2004, 21:31
I have seen it--i really like the pattern.Its kind of tan//mixed with darker variations.I think there might be something to it--look at the coloration of animals--cougars,deer and such--sort of the same colors.Natural dirt sort of colors--i think i might get some of it...

onemilmhz
02-08-2004, 22:08
I got a free catalog of that stuff in the mail a few years back. Decent looking patterns but as I recall the merchandise was WAY overpriced.

Buzzsaw
02-09-2004, 03:36
Natural Gear is my camo of choice now. I have a complete outfit and I find that it blends in better than the sticks and leaves that are prevalent today. It is versitile and can be worn anywhere. It is just as cheap as any other brand of camo around here.

Porter Rockwell
02-09-2004, 10:54
I absolutely love the stuff!!! I have to say that i think it is the best Western camo you can buy. It really blends in here in the Rockies and the desert southwest.

I agree that it can be expensive, but I was able to get most of mine from my local Wal-mart. The knock offs produced by 10X, Woolrich and others are just a good as the factory stuff.

Ask you local walmart SG mangaer to look at it and order it for you. They told me that if I can obtain a bar code # from a natural gear product, they can ask their buyers and suppliers to look for the same thing by some of these other companies. I did this and obtained a Waterproof jacket and gloves for a grand total of 50 bucks. It worked well for ducks (just as good or better than advantage wetlands) and has been great for staying warm while hunting coyotes.

In addition. I have hunted Texas in the Natgear Evergreen (Pine accents on the brown and tan) my father in law was shocked at how well I stayed hidden even in lush and green East Texas. It is marvelous for Spring Turkey hunts anywhere. You just blend in w/o a "leafy look." I have some Mossy Oak and Advantage timber, but it stays in the closet now. I am hooked on NatGear!!!

One final piece. The white camo is awesome for the snow. It works really well here in the Mountains and snow. It has a blackish/brown earthy tone that is on the white. Me and my buddies are pretty darn hard to see. I have purchased them Natgear for birthdays etc. They have never been disappointed. Their prior camo remains in the closet as well.

If I didn't use Natgear, my second choice would be Cabela's Seclusion Outfitter series. That is good stuff as well. Miltary looking but blends into hunting foilage much better.

Get some Natgear, I promise you won't be disapponted. If you look hard enough, you can get discounts on the stuff everywhere. Even Sportsman's Wearhouse will drop $20 off most catalog items.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Porter.

TScottW99
02-09-2004, 15:42
I really like the pattern, can't wait to get some. Check your local wal-mart, several of the local stores was carrying it this year. They have it on clearance now ;f

onemilmhz
02-09-2004, 19:51
Originally posted by Porter Rockwell
If I didn't use Natgear, my second choice would be Cabela's Seclusion Outfitter series. That is good stuff as well. Miltary looking but blends into hunting foilage much better.
I agree. I have several items with the Seclusion pattern and like them alot. The "Bargain Cave" on Cabela's website and their end of season sales are great times to buy.

MARTIN FISHER
02-09-2004, 19:55
I use it, and I love it. I get it form Wal-mart, if they don't have it, just ask for it.

I hunt coyotes/bobcats in N.E. Arizona, if I put my hat on the ground, I can take a few steps and it disappears! And, it does not "black out" as you get away from it. I have always been partial to lighter, neutral colors for cammo, and Natural Gear seems to be the best combo for the type of hunting I do.

BKD in Texas
02-09-2004, 21:48
I have had excellent luck with it in South Texas. Deer 10-15 yards away look right at me (in a tree with no cover, just the camo on) and never took notice... Turkey too.

Take Care,
BKD

Vic303
02-09-2004, 22:50
I love it! It really suited me in KS beanfields in winter. The other 'major' camo makers seem to 'black out' after about 25 yrds away. The brown NatGear looks like a Copperhead to me.

02-16-2004, 05:23
I use the tan/desert camo pattern when I lived in the lower 48 for predator hunting and really liked them. Got them at the local Walmart.

OH37
02-17-2004, 22:46
Vic303, you nailed it! Most "major" camo designs tend to blob-up at a distance. They are made to be appealing to the eye up close. Once you get back from them all the little details disappear. You need that bold light/dark contrast. I bought one of the NatGear leafy suits to try next season. I've always worn Predator camouflage in the past. I have a lot of video footage of me and my buddies bowhunting over the years. Some of it is absolutely amazing. You can't see the hunter until they move. I think the mistake that most hunters make is that they buy a pattern that would look good on the ground with cover. Then they climb into a treestand after the leaves are down. BLOB-UP! Stand on the ground and look 20 or 30 ft. up into a tree once the leaves are down. You'll notice that you see mostly sky. O.k., I'm done.;f