Shed Hunting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shed Hunting

OH37
02-19-2004, 08:08
Has anyone found any sheds yet? I've only been out a few times so far, and I haven't had any luck. Around here there's some pretty good competition for the antlers.

allhowl
02-20-2004, 07:56
I have never had a problem hunting for sheds. Just about all my neighbors have one. Guess they could hold lots of antlers if you happen to find them but I can never find them, except on the deer I shoot.. Good hunting!;a

OH37
02-20-2004, 08:10
Oh, that was just cruel! I saw that someone responded to my thread and I got all ready to read some story about somebody finding some huge mass of antler with 12" tines... YOU GOT ME.;8

mikerau
02-20-2004, 21:25
I live in MI.We just got 15 inches of snow today we wont be hunting for anything other then a snow plow for a long time.;a

OH37
02-21-2004, 18:16
mikerau, Wow that's a lot of snow at once. Happy shoveling. Hope you got a strong back.

mikerau
02-21-2004, 22:10
Originally posted by OH37
mikerau, Wow that's a lot of snow at once. Happy shoveling. Hope you got a strong back. Thanks back hurts but it all cleaned up,12 hours in the truck plowing a little shoveling all is good^3 ^3

OH37
02-21-2004, 22:22
I've spent many nights in a truck plowing snow. I have a buddy that owns a lawncare/plowing co. That is very tiring work! Back and forth, back and forth... I have a lot of respect for the guys that do that all the time. As I head to work at 8 in the morning, sometimes I see the guys in the plow trucks. Realize they probably aren't just going to work right then. They may have been working for 10, 20, 30 hrs. straight. Kinda scary actually. I remember one time a guy had been plowing for 36 hrs. He was like a zombie.

So, is that all the snow you're supposed to get up there? I know I'm south of you, but we're supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow.

mikerau
02-22-2004, 13:43
It has warmed up here to nice sat& sun. I hope we dont get any more this is more snow than we had in along time I live near Escanaba we usally we dont get alot like they do up north.

paynter2
03-06-2004, 15:03
Here's some sheds from N. Wisconsin. A friend found them. He found an almost identical set the year before...

OH37
03-11-2004, 13:47
paynter2, That looked like a pretty nice set. I've been out 4 times now, and still not a single antler. I don't know what the heck is going on... I've searched some great areas that are absolutely torn-up. NOTHING! I just got an e-mail from a buddy of mine that lives about an hour west of me. He found his tenth antler the other day. He has one B&C, a couple off of what would be about 140" bucks, one P&Y, and the rest are dinks. Oh well, now that my Police Academy started, I won't have time to get out and look. At least my friend is finding them, right?;Q