Anybody cook fish fillets on GF-type grills? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody cook fish fillets on GF-type grills?

Medford4
02-19-2004, 15:23
How do fish fillets cook up on the George Foreman-type grills? Is it better to start off with a frozen fillet? I've got a Hamilton Beach that I really like, but the recipes in the book are pretty sparce. It just mentions fish fillets once, and specifies frozen fillets(?) What's your favorite seasonings? I seen Cavender's Greek seasoning which I'm going to try as soon as I get some.;Y

j_ratliffe
02-20-2004, 07:54
mine works great for fish. i use fresh fish that usually was swimmin' the morning i caught them. i use chef paul prudhommes blackened redfish magic. this is the best seasoning to put on any fish or seafood. just sprinkle it on both sides of the filet, and stick in the george forman. it takes about five minutes to cook it.
yummy.

Charlie Fox
02-21-2004, 09:22
I tried some frozen cod fillets on mine and they didn't turn out too bad. I've learned that you do have to turn whatever your cooking over at least once;g

Bandalero
02-23-2004, 15:24
I get any type of fish fillets (unfrozen), coat them well in some type of preserves (currently apricot), roll them in some type of crumb stuff, and grill. Yum!

Remander
03-04-2004, 23:43
We put fresh (or thawed) catfish fillets on a Foreman-type grill with a little Cavender's Greek Seasoning and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes. Tastes great.

You can add a squeeze of lemon or lime after if you like.

A little pico de gallo or other tomatoe/acid type side goes well with the fish.

Medford4
03-05-2004, 00:08
Thanks for the replys, guys...Think I might even try the apricot preserves/crunchy stuff on my missus^b