Mama Whittle Cake (Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Fudge flavors.. mmmm...) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mama Whittle Cake (Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Fudge flavors.. mmmm...)

Wadely
02-19-2004, 22:41
Mama Whittle Cake c/o Mrs. Wadely

Preheat oven to 400

Cake:
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Cup Water
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1 1/2 Cups Crunchy Peanut Butter (creamy may be used)

Stir together sugar & flour.
In saucepan, melt oil, cocoa, water & butter and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour liquid mixture over sugar & flour. Stir together well.
In seperate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon & baking soda. Pour into batter. Stir together well.
Pour in to greased 13"x9" pan. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then spread peanut butter evenly over top.

Frosting:
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1/3 Cup Buttermilk
1 16 Ounce Package Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

In saucepan, melt butter, cocoa & buttermilk and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Stir in powdered sugar & vanilla until well blended.
Pour over cake and allow frosting to set before slicing.

Wadely
02-19-2004, 22:44
I can't even begin to describe how awesome this stuff is. As long as you like PB & chocolate together, and as long as you like or don't mind cinnamon. Hot damn. You owe it to yourself to make this and blow away your friends/family at your next get together.

You CAN make it without the cinnamon, but it's just not as good (IMHO).

Let me know if you try it, I'd love some feedback.

MrsKitty
02-22-2004, 16:01
That sounds really good;a

Mild Bill
02-29-2004, 15:37
It DOES sound good... and I DO love p'butter and chocolate and cinnamon...

So, you put the frosting "on top" of the layer of peanut butter that you put on after the cake cooled some?

I'll try it sometime soon...
Thanks!

;c