Caffeinated Chocolate brownies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caffeinated Chocolate brownies

GlocknSpiehl
02-23-2004, 13:25
OK, not my recipe, but a friend's for the cook book. Very simple, addicting and contains near lethal doses of caffeine. ;f

Ingredients:

2 boxes any good fudge brownie mix (not cake like) that you add water to the mix
Also get the other ingredients the mixes called for (e.g. eggs, etc)
2 cups chocolate covered expresso beans
1 cup good quality chocolate chips
1 liter "Water Joe" (R) or other caffeinated water to make:
1 pot VERY strong coffee

1. Preheat oven per mix instructions.
2. Grease or prep 12" long pan per mix instructions
3. Brew your very strong coffee. My friend makes his by brewing a pot using the "Water Joe" or other caffeinated water and double the usual amount of coffee. If he is feeling really punchy he will brew the coffee twice running the original brew through fresh coffee.
4. Use the incredibly strong coffee in place of the water called for by the mix in the same amount called for by the mix.
5. After dry and wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, fold in the chips and expresso beans. You can adjust quantities to make brownies more or less crunchy. ;)
6. Bake and cool per mix's instructions.

Be forewarned, these are addictive and probably should not be eaten in any great quantity before bedtime. Be sure to get high quality brownie mix.

hidden_19
02-23-2004, 15:21
where does one get chocolate covered beans?? I am may have to try this one!! ;a

GlocknSpiehl
02-23-2004, 15:24
Originally posted by hidden_19
where does one get chocolate covered beans?? I am may have to try this one!! ;a

Hmmm, Starbucks for sure, lots of chocolate stores adn I think I have seen them at Target as well. Use the Dark Chocolate covered ones for best effect.