Whisker biscuit rest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Whisker biscuit rest

noway
03-10-2004, 10:05
Anybody have any experience with this rest?

I found one in the local pawn shop new for like $10.00. Looks very strange but I thought about trying it out. I heard from a few bow hunters that stated they never dropped a arrow off their rest with this.

Jack T.
03-10-2004, 10:11
I love mine! No more arrows falling off the rest at full draw ;f

A chap in our church doesn't like his at all, however. He is having trouble with it stripping off his vanes/feathers. . .

PirateShot
03-10-2004, 14:49
Thought the thread was about...nevermind. ;T

Alpha Male
03-11-2004, 07:04
They are loud on the draw with both carbon and aluminum. There is no way to silence them. Get a better rest or you will be busted on the draw when the game is close and the woods are still.

PirateShot...you must be thinking about the German version. The Guttentite Whisker Biscuit.
: ) 3 >

noway
03-11-2004, 09:00
{A chap in our church doesn't like his at all, however. He is having trouble with it stripping off his vanes/feathers. . .}

any problems with regulars plastic vanes?

OH37
03-11-2004, 12:28
I have used this rest for two years now. They usually cost about $30, so you would be getting a good deal. I love the rest, and have had no problems with it yet. However, I have to agree with Alpha Male, they are noisy. Under the right circumstances, it could cost you a deer. I just like the fact that your arrow never falls off... Just weigh the pos. and neg. and make up your mind. As for me, I sold all my compounds recently. All I have now is a recurve, a longbow, and two Glocks. (life is good!) ;f

Counter Strike
03-13-2004, 20:03
Had one - hated it. Slowed the arrow and too much contact b/w arrow and bow makes it easier to pull the arrow off target. Bottom line - too much friction.