Reel Oil/Grease [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reel Oil/Grease

ATI_RAGE_
03-29-2004, 11:33
What do you guys use? I got a baitcasting reel and been thinking about oiling it up. I am tempted to use Tetra Gun Grease, or just some home oil, maybe gun oil? When I bought my Penn saltwater reel, it came with a little tube of grease, are their any differences between them? Thanks in advance for the replies.

noway
03-29-2004, 11:46
any of that would work. I use car light grease ( valvoline) and gun oil ( otter's ) on the worm-screw thing that feed the line out.

Use the oil & grease sparsely as to not attract dirt.

CanyonMan
04-06-2004, 00:10
Major "Ditto, on what Noway said said about "Not to much oil"
Also Rem Oil, (remington gun oil), works well also.

CanyonMan

bambihunter
04-07-2004, 03:32
I recently won a product called Disotec from a company that makes a gun cleaner called Blue Wonder. Thier cleaning products have thus far been heads over all the rest so while I haven't tried thier oil/lubricant yet, I fully expect it to. Believe me, I was VERY skeptical when I hear the word "wonder" in any products name, but I have been impressed.

The Disotec lubricant is has all kinds of neat features, one being very light so very little needs to be used (great for my CCW guns), plus for fishing, it is biodegradeable.

Do a google search for Disotec and decide for yourself if you're interested. I haven't had it long enough to form an opinion, but like I said, thier previous products have been much more than I expected.