New license [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New license

reinbeau
04-05-2004, 16:27
Well, I'm licensed to carry concealed in three states now, the three I pass through routinely, Mass (live there!), New Hampshire and Maine. Kinda cool! :)

Ann

c-mama
04-05-2004, 17:01
Hey Ann, congratulations! VERY cool!!!

Do you have a permit that is honored by each state or do you have 3 seperate permits?

Also, I heard it's very hard to get a Mass. license. How did you do that?

reinbeau
04-05-2004, 19:06
Originally posted by crochetmama
Hey Ann, congratulations! VERY cool!!!

Do you have a permit that is honored by each state or do you have 3 seperate permits? 3 separate permits. No one has reciprocity with MA, from what I understand.

Also, I heard it's very hard to get a Mass. license. How did you do that? It isn't always that hard, it depends on the town you live in. I'm fortunate to live in a town where the chief of police honors the second amendment. We had another town, Carver, that had a real problem with their chief, she wouldn't allow renewals of Class A's (that's concealed carry), nor the issuance of any new Class A's, only Class B's, which are club licenses. She was in office for quite a few years, and there were fears that someone might do something drastic to get rid of her (now, wouldn't that be logical???!?). She finally did leave, and her replacement IMMEDIATELY started issuing Class A's again. Diane Skoog was her name, I think. Anyways, if you go through a certified gun safety course and have your certificate, and a clean record, you'll most likely not have too much of a hassle. Maine and NH both accept the MA certifications, which is nice, makes it easy. We have a house up in Maine, and travel throughout NH frequently, so we needed all three to be legal. Of course, if we have the guns with us, we're careful going through Boston, or avoid it completely....you wouldn't believe some of the tales we've heard about traffic stops there, licensed or not! ;P