Recordings of AF One & ATC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recordings of AF One & ATC

Texas T
04-11-2004, 17:44
On another site I frequent regarding radio scanners it was mentioned that AF1 always transmits encrypted, and someone else noted that doing so would be pretty stupid since ATC wouldn't have the equipment to decrypt, not to mention the foreign sites that the plane travels to.

To support his statement the responding poster provided this link to a series of snippets of conversation between AF1 and ATC. Nothing special, just interesting to hear.

http://www.milaircomms.com/audio/032603airforceone.mp3

04-12-2004, 21:38
Originally posted by Texas T
On another site I frequent regarding radio scanners it was mentioned that AF1 always transmits encrypted,....

Definitely not true. I heard Air Force One talking to Ft. Worth Center, just this afternoon.

skyboss_4evr
05-04-2004, 18:50
As an FAA controller I can tell you that is totally false.

Texas T
05-04-2004, 21:02
Originally posted by skyboss_4evr
As an FAA controller I can tell you that is totally false. WHICH statement is false? :)

ps. Welcome to the board. I used to have a friend that was a controller down here in Houston and I got a tour of the facility one night, but that was long before 9-11. I doubt that I could get in there these days.

skyboss_4evr
05-04-2004, 22:02
Originally posted by Texas T
WHICH statement is false? :)

ps. Welcome to the board. I used to have a friend that was a controller down here in Houston and I got a tour of the facility one night, but that was long before 9-11. I doubt that I could get in there these days.

Air Force One does not transmit "encrypted". And you're right... it is tough to get tours nowadays, but it does happen. We recently had a large group of college students come tour our facility. So ya never know.