Happy Easter Everyone! What was on the agenda for this special day? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter Everyone! What was on the agenda for this special day?

Mrs. Jack T.
04-11-2004, 20:10
Our morning started early with an Easter Sunrise Service. It was a little cool here in central OK but we made it and had a blessed time! We had a pot luck breakfast afterwards then went to my grandparents (about hour away) for lunch. After lunch settled we had an Adult Easter Egg Hunt (we have no young children in the family as of now, oldest person there was 17. . . )You should have seen my 79 year old grandpa hunting eggs, it was "priceless"! And, instead of candy in the eggs we had MONEY ($2 bills, silver dollars, fun stuff like that) Then we came home and crashed.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable day!

Remember. . . Christ is RISEN!!!!:) PTL

c-mama
04-11-2004, 20:51
Well, considering that we were hoping to either already be in the hospital or go to the hospital today, we didn't make any plans. We did attend church this morning. My parents invited us to their place, but they are 1 1/2 hours away and it's just too far to travel this far along in my pregnancy. I want to be close to MY hospital!;K

So, we went to a restaurant for lunch - Hops and then just ordered pizza for dinner. It was a chill out, restful day as I didn't sleep well last night - I needed a nice nap.

But, it was a blessed Easter.

Still awaiting the birth of my little guy, though. I wonder when he is going to decide to make his appearance?

Have a great week, everyone!

Marzipan
04-12-2004, 02:59
Well, I didn't do the whole "Easter Bunny" and eggs thing this year because my little one is only three months old. Next year, I'm going all out:) . We had an early dinner at my parents' house, then drove across town to my husband's parents' for a late dinner. We couldn't stay at either place long, because mid-terms are tomorrow, and my husband had to study up. His parents had one of their traditional hunts for their 3 yr. old grandchild, and we colored eggs.
We (my husband and I) didn't eat any of the candy, though. They had jelly beans and other candy scattered all over the house for the 3 yr. old to find, and it grossed me out that she picks her nose often and never washes her hands, and she has had her fingers all over this candy that was hidden under the couch, and on the dusty bookshelves. With germs and dust all over it, I had no problem staying away from it. Next year, I might have to insist on those plastic eggs to cover and "protect" the candy, if my little girl is going to participate in the hunt.

To all the other moms out there: Do you think I'm being too protective?;A ;A ;A Sorry, if this question is too off topic.

Mrs. Jack T.
04-12-2004, 06:56
I'm not a mom and I think it is YUCKY!!!!! Plastic eggs aren't that expensive;)

c-mama
04-12-2004, 07:46
Originally posted by Marzipan
They had jelly beans and other candy scattered all over the house for the 3 yr. old to find, and it grossed me out that she picks her nose often and never washes her hands, and she has had her fingers all over this candy that was hidden under the couch, and on the dusty bookshelves. With germs and dust all over it, I had no problem staying away from it. Next year, I might have to insist on those plastic eggs to cover and "protect" the candy, if my little girl is going to participate in the hunt.

To all the other moms out there: Do you think I'm being too protective?;A ;A ;A Sorry, if this question is too off topic.

I don't think it's being over protective. You need to do what you want to do. Maybe by next year their little granddaughter will have stopped that habit. But you can also spend some time now thinking of a diplomatic way to approach the subject without hurting anyone's feelings. Maybe saying something like you'll bring the plastic eggs because you're little one loves the plastic eggs and that's what you were brought up on or something like that. You don't have to tell them it's because of the fact the granddaughter doesn't wash her hands.