What do you buy. . . [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What do you buy. . .

Mrs. Jack T.
04-14-2004, 13:01
for your husband who already has everything and if he wants something he buys it himself?

Our 5th Anniversary is Friday and I am at a HUGE loss at what to get my hubby. Do you girls have any ideas?

Missy

c-mama
04-14-2004, 13:16
One year I saw my hubby looking at a guitar in a music store. I knew that he liked it alot. So one day I went and got it for him.

Have you been with him lately to his favorite gun store? Is there a particular firearm or accessory that he'd really like? Is he shopping for new grips, a safe?

Does he like to read? You could find some books on firearms that he likes.

These are just ideas that help me out with my guy!

Good luck - I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!!!!

;a

Mrs. Jack T.
04-14-2004, 13:26
Good ideas! Unfortunatly, the only gun store my hubby shops at I work at and we don't have a gun or anything he wants. As far as reading material, I have a book sitting on my desk that HE ordered from amazon and that is the only one I know if he wants. I think I will look into magazine subscriptions. Does anyone know a good one? He gets Fur Fish & Game, and American Hunter. Are there any good Pistol Magazines that anyone knows of?

I really don't like buying gifts!

tinagrrl
04-14-2004, 14:07
Is there anything he likes, but doesn't want other people to KNOW he likes? Is there any clothing YOU think he needs :)

Or, go shopping and "free associate" -- look until that one thing just "hits" you. Sometimes it REALLY doesn't matter if it's a really inexpensive gift -- it really is the thought.

The only people I hated buying things for were my mom and dad. He disliked EVERYTHING -- even if he really LIKED it, while she would complain about how it was made, how they really never used THAT, etc, etc.

I finally said, "The proper thing to do when you get a gift is say "Thank you, that was thoughtful." (this if you hate it). In any event, just a "Thank you." would be enough --- even if you throw it out the next day.

Husbands are easy, if they like you that week, you can't get a bad gift, if they don't like you -- then nothing you get them is O.K.

Also, look at how his parents accept either gifts or compliments -- if they have a problem, so will he.

Another thought -- is he into computer stuff? Fishing? -- there are all sorts of lures, knives , boxes, scales, etc. that he might not want to spend the money on.

DVD's, music, photo stuff, tools --- things he talks about, but never quite started yet.

Do you think he'd like painting -- an awful lot of people you'd never believe it of really like to paint (acrylics are less messy than oils -- don't need as much ventilation either).

Let your mind run free -- something will come up.

Tinagrrl

Mrs. Jack T.
04-14-2004, 14:25
Wow such good ideas. He is always very thankful for anything I get him but this time I'm having trouble coming up w/ ideas. I did just now order him a glock jacked off ebay and a glock ink pen. I guess I'll just have to go shopping:) Man, don't you hate that;f

tinagrrl
04-14-2004, 19:10
" He is always very thankful for anything I get him but this time I'm having trouble coming up w/ ideas."

"Always thankful" --- wow! Sounds like you got a good'un.
tinagrrl

Marzipan
04-14-2004, 19:33
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my husband. I can NEVER figure out what he wants, and whenever he wants something bad enough, he just buys it himself.
However, here are a few things I have succeeded with: a GIANT pillow, nice clothes, tableture books (he plays guitar), computer software, computer hardware, video games, a DVD of a movie he likes, a hat with the name of a band that he likes (found on that band's website), and lingerie (well, technically it's for me...).
Ideas I plan on using in the future: tickets to a game or concert or show. There is a picture he really likes that I found the cross-stitch pattern for, and I am going to try and finish it without him knowing, and have it framed, also I plan on putting together a photo album for him of his childhood days.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how hard this can be!!!!!!!!!!!!

KrisLady
04-21-2004, 12:37
Originally posted by Marzipan
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my husband. I can NEVER figure out what he wants, and whenever he wants something bad enough, he just buys it himself. Don't you HATE that? I've made a new rule -- he's not allowed to shop for himself for at least a month prior to his birthday OR Christmas. OR ELSE. ;)

Another suggestion would be something to remind him of a favorite place or vacation -- my sweetie loooooves New Orleans, and a couple of Christmases ago, I found a website for a gallery in the French Quarter and bought him a Charlie The Red Cat jacket. He does like that.

Kris