This speaks for itself. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This speaks for itself.

cliffb
04-25-2004, 17:50
Kerry and Fonda.

Walt408
04-26-2004, 09:51
In my opinion, we all have the right to speak out on issues in this country. John Kerry definately earned the right, especially about the VietNam war. He served as an officer in the Navy and had been awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple hearts. Jane Fonda in my opinion, was given the right, but did not earn it.

Chopperdog
04-27-2004, 04:57
I don't buy into the whole "if you didn't fight in the Vietnam war, then you haven't earned the right to voice your opinions about it." I'm sorry, but this is America and we have the freedom to voice our opinions about anything we want without having to "earn" that right. We already earned that right by our 1st amendment in the US Constitution, not by having been in a war. Kerry is not more entitled to speak out about the war just because he served. Hanoi jane has as much right to speak about it as he does. Too bad she couldn't keep her mouth shut though, she got a lot of soldiers killed with hre spew.

That being said, Jane Fonda is truly a traitor, and John Kerry is just a numnuts.

RussP
04-27-2004, 06:44
Originally posted by Chopperdog
I don't buy into the whole "if you didn't fight in the Vietnam war, then you haven't earned the right to voice your opinions about it." I'm sorry, but this is America and we have the freedom to voice our opinions about anything we want without having to "earn" that right. We already earned that right by our 1st amendment in the US Constitution, not by having been in a war. Kerry is not more entitled to speak out about the war just because he served. Hanoi jane has as much right to speak about it as he does. Too bad she couldn't keep her mouth shut though, she got a lot of soldiers killed with hre spew.

That being said, Jane Fonda is truly a traitor, and John Kerry is just a numnuts. Why can't I think of these things, "...traitor...numnuts.";z

John Kerry had every 'right' to oppose the war after serving there, and his experiences certainly influenced his opinions. Aligning himself with Hanoi Jane, however, is really hard to stomach, and hard to forgive. That's only my opinion and YMMV.