Boy, when we get quiet..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boy, when we get quiet.....

reinbeau
04-30-2004, 15:05
It's been too quiet around here!

This is going to be the first really warm weekend we've had! I'm planning on being out in my garden as much as possible, I've got chard, lettuce, carrots, beets, all that good stuff to put in, and we're going to be getting the new fencing so we can replace the rotten old fence that's out there.

How's that baby doing, Deb? :)

What's everyone else doing?

c-mama
05-01-2004, 00:08
Yeah, it has been quiet in women's issues. I've been posting in the ox and alex forum.

Baby's doing good. He was a bit fussy about 10 minutes ago, so I wrapped him up real good and rocked him a bit (I knew he wasn't hungry). I then put him to bed and made myself some pop tarts to munch on, figuring he wouldn't go to sleep and want to nurse. When I came back, he was sleeping. So I hopped on GT and ate my poptarts. I really should have gone to sleep, but I figured I would give him a few more minutes to really fall asleep. I swear women's bodies must emit something that the babies can sense when we are doing something relaxing. Anytime I start falling asleep or crocheting or something when he's still awake, he starts fussing. Ah well, this being my last, I may as well enjoy it while I can. Pretty soon I'll look up and he'll be running around the house with the others. :sigh: They grow up so fast.

Weather here is the same. It's south Florida. We don't get much change in the weather unless you consider "rainy season". And for the past couple of years rainy season wasn't rainy.

We had a friend of ours who is a general contractor come over and re-hang our front door and put new jams in. It seems the previous homeowner put the door in themselves and really screwed things up. Do it yourselfers who didn't know what they were doing.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your weather and get some gardening done.

I'm looking forward to a day of pampering tomorrow (well, actually today.;g) My friend who works in a hair salon is going to cut and color my hair and she is having her co-worker give me a manicure and pedicure. All this as a gift. Very nice.

Well, I'm going to try to get a little sleep before Logan wakes again.

Melissa Ann
05-03-2004, 10:04
Did gardening all weekend. Moving out of mom's house and finished up yardwork there before it sells, and then i planted flowers, mulched, de-thatched the lawn at my new house. Last night we went to see HellBoy. Pretty good. Of course, date nights are always nice - no matter what we do. :)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

Melissa