Leaves Tuesday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Leaves Tuesday

Matthew26
05-09-2004, 22:25
My step-brother leaves Tuesday for the Army. I tried to give him all of the advice I could remember from basic. I found out I don't remember as much as I should.

Hell I just got out of the AZNG April 23rd. That was only last month -where did my memory go?

He's going to be a combat engineer. So if anybody is stationed at Lost in the Woods over there in Missouri, please say hi.

Central Texan
05-09-2004, 22:33
Good for him! Ya know, the thing that amazed me the most when I first got to basic (last summer) was how many other people were joining despite the world situation at the time (and now). When I was fixin to go thats all I ever heard from folks "dont you know there's a war going on, why are you joining now?" All I could think of to answer was "Why arent you?"
Anyways, it's good to see that there are others out there in this country who WANT to help and do something worth while. Make sure you shake his hand for me before he ships out.

Chopperdog
05-10-2004, 04:22
Please thank him for his service to our country for me!

;?

RussP
05-10-2004, 09:44
;? Thanks and good luck!!!;?

eisman
05-10-2004, 10:41
I'm at FLW. email me and I'll give you contact info. I know most of the post and have soldiers here from other units I check up on. If he calls right away I can meet him at the Reception Station.

Gunboat1
05-10-2004, 12:54
God speed, good luck, and get some!

;?

MR. Fantastic
05-10-2004, 15:48
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Central Texan
[B] When I was fixin to go thats all I ever heard from folks "dont you know there's a war going on, why are you joining now?" All I could think of to answer was "Why arent you?"

^6
Did you then tell them "it's ok you can thank me later."