Bridal Registry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Registry

AmmoBabe
05-10-2004, 19:08
I'm getting married this August and am currently working on my registry with Target. What are some things you wish you had registered for, but didn't? ...or things you did register for and were glad you did... :)

c-mama
05-10-2004, 22:12
I would think practicality. I received some silver and some serving platters that I didn't register for and are not used. And we've been married 11 years.

I'm wishing now I registered for china. I wasn't interested in it at the time, though.

Coffee maker, blender - all were on the registery and I'm glad they were.

Suggestions:

Bedding, china, cooking stuff - anything you'd like for your home that you don't currently have.

Congratulations, by the way!

Jaegergirl
05-12-2004, 21:01
first of all, congratulations!

when i got married the 1st time, i didn't register for china. good thing i didn't because my ex probably would have broken them ;Q :( . when i got married the 2nd time, i did register for china and i'm so glad i did. i don't use them that often but will do so more once my kids get a little older.

you can never have too many sheets and towels or enough silverware. i only registered for one set (silverware...service for 8) and i really should have gotten more. i'd suggest registering at a couple different stores just so people have a variety of shops to choose from. we registered at sears (yes, there were tools on our registry...hey if something needed fixed around the house, my husband needed to be ready :)), target and homeplace. made it nice because when i got married, not everyone had access to a target. you may not have the time to register at more than one place but if you do, it might be something to think about.

aw heck, throw some stuff on there that you'd like but probably wouldn't buy for yourself, too.

have fun! :)

Melissa Ann
05-13-2004, 13:02
Do people register when they get married the second time?? (My first husband died a couple months after our 12th anniversary) I'll be getting married again in the relatively near future, and just wondering what the ettiquette is there...

Back to the original question...

When I got married the first time, I didn't register for anything - not sure if that was even done back then, (or at least in ND where I was living at the time)

If I were to register next time I get married...

I'd register at Wilson Combat, Brownells, Midway USA, Dillon Precision, and ammoman.com for starters. ;f ;) ;f

Then Target, JCPenneys, and Sears for towels and bedding and such. (Someone else said it earlier, you can't have too many towels or sheets or blankets) Maybe Macy's too - but most folks I know can't afford to shop there. I'd pick stores that are available online or in many places across the country. Crate and Barrel is GREAT place for kitchen gadgets!

Register for Drinking Glasses too - they break and if you're lucky enough to get a couple sets from the registry, that's a very nice thing. :)

Congratulations and good luck!
Melissa :)

Jaegergirl
05-13-2004, 14:08
Do people register when they get married the second time?? (My first husband died a couple months after our 12th anniversary) I'll be getting married again in the relatively near future, and just wondering what the ettiquette is there...

i did when i got married the 2nd time. i think it's ok to do so.

Melissa Ann
05-13-2004, 14:22
cool. ;f
Heck, I wasn't even sure if I should have a big party/celebration in conjunction with the wedding or not. In fact, I'm still torn. Part of me would LOVE it, but the part that keeps an eye on the checkbook says the first part of me is nuts. ;Q ;a ;9 ^b

c-mama
05-13-2004, 14:48
Originally posted by Melissa Ann

Melissa Ann,

I don't know what the etiquette is regarding 2nd marriages either, but I say go ahead and register. If I was invited to a wedding (even if it wasn't the first for one or both individuals) I would bring a gift. That's what one does when they go to a wedding. But that's just my $.02.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding as well!

Jaegergirl
05-13-2004, 15:05
well, whatever you decide, i'm sure the day will be perfect. congratulations!:)

Melissa Ann
05-13-2004, 19:09
Sorry to have somewhat hijacked your thread AmmoBabe.

I wish you all the best! Congrats again!
:)

MrsKitty
05-13-2004, 20:33
Register for GOOD knives. I mean damn good. They will last you a lifetime. Wusthoff-Trident, Henckles, something like that.

Even when my friends have wed and didn't have knives on their registry, they still got one. Well, all but one and she knew my traditional gift and informed me she would throw it at me if I spent that much cash on a knife for her:(

Oddly, I am single and have a set of Wusthoff and my Old Country Roses china and a complete set of Mikasa Belle Epoque crystal... If I ever do get married there is nothing left but sheets, towels and the like for me to register for...and major appliances;)

Mrs. Jack T.
05-14-2004, 15:06
We didn't register either but when my aunts sent out shower invitations we put a list of what we needed and marked off what we got at each shower. I do wish I have gotten a set of clear dishes because you can do so much under them to change the look up. I'd also want nice serving bowls. I entertain quite a bit and nice serving dishes are great! What we didn't get that we had to buy and get from parents was blankets and quilts, we got several sets of sheets and bedspreads but not blanets. . . Hope this helps you some. Enjoy your time getting ready!

P.S. I'd skip the wedding and elope then have a nice reception. . . Just my .02 for you ;f

Wulfenite
05-14-2004, 19:25
Register at the gun store. None of the stuff you get from the department store will last as long as a good gun.

Vic303
05-15-2004, 20:20
Jack stands, shop vac, various tools, camping gear thru REI/Cabelas registry services--that sort of thing. We'd both lived on our own for a while and had most of the 'domestic' stuff, and with me being the non-domestic type of woman that I am, thought tools a better choice! Tell your closest friends that you want gun-related stuff! Maybe you'll get lucky & they'll buy case-lots of ammo for you!

AmmoBabe
05-19-2004, 16:13
Silverware! We have just enough for place settings already, but didn't even think to register for more!

My fiance really appreciates this advice...
Originally posted by Wulfenite
Register at the gun store. None of the stuff you get from the department store will last as long as a good gun. ;a

I also was not really interested in registering for china.. but now I'm thinking that if we get enough of the practicalities, we will go back and register for it later.

Thanks, y'all, for the congrats and the ideas! :)