Yum Yum Yum Yum [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yum Yum Yum Yum

noway
05-19-2004, 11:54
How many of you have used this series of bait called Yum? I've been trying this stuff out and it seems okay for the time being. Here's a picture of a 3lb 3oz large mouth caught a few weeks back. I've mainly been using the bait shown in the right corner plus another type that's a solid pumpkin green.

Dogbite
05-19-2004, 19:43
Nice fish man!! Keep the pics coming..

DWavs
05-23-2004, 14:42
Excellent pic!...but that's a smallmouth bass...not a largemouth.

David

noway
05-23-2004, 22:17
{but that's a smallmouth bass...not a largemouth.
}

That's a large mouth bass. No small mouths in my part of South Florida.

striderglock
05-24-2004, 00:12
noway is right, that's a largemouth.

method
05-24-2004, 00:50
That's obviously a largemouth.

noway
05-24-2004, 07:45
FYI.....

http://www.thecontentwell.com/Fish_Game/SM_Bass/SM_Bass_Basics.html

smallmouth bass basic even tells the same thing that small mouths are not a norm in FL & LA. Why ? I don't know.

Per my neighbor that works in FWC, the smallmouths are stock normally in private lakes & ponds more centrally and north florida. The common bass here in my parts are Largemouth, Sunshine, & non-native Peacock bass.

The Northern areas ( panhandle and GA border ) have on rare ocassion the sunwanee bass and a few others bass. Largemouth is the game fish for the FL, plentiful in almost all waters.

BUT they get kinda boring and the small mouths surely put up more of a fight .
;)

DWavs
05-24-2004, 17:19
10-4.

All the largemouths here have the distinguishing greenish stripe going down their side.

My fault...didn't mean to step on toes. ;)

David

noway
05-24-2004, 22:03
No problema...

All of the smallmouths I've caught have the veritcal stripes and all of the largemouths have the horizonal blotches or nothing. Also the smallmouths are one tough fighter. The largemouth other than it size is a "***** cat" fish.

I perfer smallmouths since you get more than just a 10sec fight,but you have to be out of Florida for that kinda of fishing ;f

btw: that picture shown is one of the largest I caught this year. Alot of smaller ones (12"-14") and so far I haven't gotten a good trophy fish yet. Fishing for bass has really suck so far.

DWavs
05-25-2004, 18:25
Originally posted by noway
Also the smallmouths are one tough fighter. The largemouth other than it size is a "***** cat" fish.

No kidding. I fish on the Shenandoah River and it has both. I'll take the smallie any day of the week!

Fishing has suffered on the river since the drought 3 years ago but before that we were pulling out 19 1/2" smallies using a 4 1/2" berkely pumpkinseed lizard on a carolina rig. Now that was fun! ;f

David

nipperwolf
05-25-2004, 19:57
did someone say smallmouth????

A_Swede_17_1911
05-25-2004, 21:39
Ive caught bass on a yum worm fished texas style, using watermelon seed color. Seems to work in the small pond that i fish.

Kimberly Hall
05-27-2004, 09:45
you can fish here at the lakes and we don't have big fish like that..I want an ocean to come here. Largest I've ever caught was a 2lb. These are awesome pics.