Non-Prosecuted Violations and ASRS Forms? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Prosecuted Violations and ASRS Forms?

C150J
05-20-2004, 23:10
Hi all,

Just curious as to where non-prosecuted FAA violations (deviations from FARs and whatnot) fall on the "bad juju" spectrum. My friend, who attends ERAU, came back for the summer and, as I was checking out his log, it became apparent that he operated as PIC for a flight under IFR and did NOT meet recency requirements for that flight (this was not under ERAU's supervision: he had rented a plane locally for the flight in question).

Fortunately, the flight was completed successfully and no one (Read: the FAA) knows any better. HOWEVER, he feels like crap (he had an incredibly wrong interpretation of 61.57), and wants to know what to do. I told him to file a NASA form (ASRS), but he's worried about immunity, as he thinks it to be more serious than an ASRS can "take care of."

What do y'all think? Is there a more appropriate course of action? Thanks!

J.

C150J
05-20-2004, 23:41
Answered my own question: http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/immunity.htm

geoffinak
06-16-2004, 01:26
All pilots, pro or not should have 2 of these with them in their flight bag at all times, can save a lot of grief over a small incident. As you never no when a minor deviation will be reported by ATC until a letter arrives.
Geoff

Highandfast
06-16-2004, 20:16
The four most important words in aviation:

NO HARM, NO FOUL

Tell your buddy to live and learn.