Gunsmiths in the Philippines [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmiths in the Philippines

Valor1
06-10-2004, 09:43
This is going to be one long griping thread and let me start. I’ve always been adhering to good customer service whether buying in a restaurant, calling my cell phone company, dealing with a bank’s frontliners and so on. We have a very expensive hobby. Shooting as a hobby or sport is always expensive. We spend on papers, ammo, accessories and gunsmiths. My gripe is, especially with the neophytes, choosing a gunsmith has been the proverbial needle in a haystack. I used to go to a gunsmith in QC who always tries to make the decisions for me. He is the braggart who wants to be the one to always “know” what is good for your gun. I stopped seeing him after breaking the barrel lugs of my pistol after doing the fitting. He also made an idiotic error in installing the beavertail. The worst thing is, he even charged me for that incompetence. I guess the only time he went chummy with me was when I asked him if I can distribute his parts. I moved on to another gunsmith (a recommendation from a friend). I asked him to build for me another 1911 pistol ( I sold the first one because of the idiot gunsmith). He did well. All the function testing passed with flying colors including fit and accuracy. I asked to build another 1911. He did well again. Then I asked him to plate the first 1911. This is where he failed. The hard chroming was like the one found on bad car paint jobs. The corners specially the area of the frame where the beavertail is connected was still in the white. They actually forgot to plate the corners! I told him that it is unacceptable for me. He told me that it can no longer be replated! If I insist, I will have to pay the replating again! That is really a POS excuse. I told him to return the gun to their platers since it is a back job. He agreed but I’ll still end up paying 50% of the cost.

I really should have listened to friends who had their guns built by Manny Sunico or True Weight, Mang Dolpho, Jimmy Febre, Metrillo, etc. I mean even if these guys will charge you an arm and a leg, it will be worth it. You still get the peace of mind you deserve. You still save time from returning to your gunsmith for complaining on a botched job. I know you guys have your horror stories to tell. I bet there are still good ones. I’m exhausted looking for good gunsmiths. I also wanted them to increase their standards and level of competence. Damn. We get good guns but so much bad gunsmiths. Thanks for listening. Your turn.

Hermo Gut
06-10-2004, 10:40
Had the same experience with a gunsmith in Cubao. Installed my rear adjustable sight , the cut was not straight and after shooting around two mags , the sight went with the bullet.Complained , the smith said the sight was no good , no fixing screw. Got angry , sight re-installed but still the same. I asked for a refund , cannot. Had it re-installed at Reliable Arms , sight tightly secured but still slightly off (misaligned) because of the first "plumber".

Learned my lesson , go with the BOG's recommended gunsmiths , don't take chances on those cheap practicing GUN GONE-smith.;P

vega
06-10-2004, 14:01
Is that Accurate Arms you're talking about?

vega

Valor1
06-10-2004, 18:59
Exactly the feeling Hermo. I really hated it when you buy a good part and have it installed by your smith and then he Fu** up the job. Sadly, he won't replace the broken part and tell you sorry. You may even end up paying for the job if you are not meticulous enough. The last gunsmith I had an experience on the plating was actually highly recommended by a friend. It is so disgusting.

I pity more the new gun owners who don't know much about guns yet and employ the services of these machinists (a better term for these gunsmiths who only know how to use a milling and lathe machine).

jasonub
06-10-2004, 19:58
here is one, I was with my smith but was watching my own pistol and insisting on one person to do the job. over my shoulder i heard that someone wants a rear sight installed. it was a dovetailed rear sight of dont know origin. so the other "smith" said its easy, he took the slide and went to the milling machine and cut the dovetail.

he then proceeded to install the sight but the dovetail slot was too small. so he put it back into the vice and without measuring anything. proceeded to cut the slide.

when he was installing the rear sight it was very loose that it slipped thorough the dovetail he cut! without missing a beat he went and mixed some epoxy and put a lot on the dovetail slot and slipped on the sight. Viola its fixed.... maybe for 50 rounds then the person should only focus on front sight since the rear sight will be stuck on his eyes or glasses.

paltik45
06-10-2004, 21:22
Ala eh ika nga dito ng mga kano "You got what your money's worth.";f Another heads Up for the newbies and a reminder stay away from a CLOWN ;e named ART LANTIN and his boyoyong clowns;f ;e

Valor1
06-10-2004, 22:49
Once we aired our gripes, probably we can make a listing of the "better" gunsmiths and where they can be found. In that way, we can leave the idiotic gunsmiths to their own devices and eventually fold up.

antediluvianist
06-11-2004, 01:59
Yes, a list would be good.

And while you're at it, who is a good gunsmith for Glocks specifically. Like, in polishing the connector etc. to make the trigger smoother, and in changing the spring/connector to another combo. Sounds easy but to be sure I'd rather a good gunsmith does it.
And not just a guy who works on 1911s all the time. Thanks.

Valor1
06-11-2004, 02:11
I hope we can come up with a good list of gunsmiths in this thread. I'm also looking forward to the experiences to be shared by the BOG's on this no good smiths.

I used to go to Jimenez of Final Option in San Juan for working on Glocks. I don't know if they still work on our fabulous Glocks. Try to pay him a visit Ante.

jmy
06-11-2004, 09:09
My former Gunsmith(Name witheld)ran away with my Benelli Semi-Automatic Shotgun.I had it serviced by him and when I went back after a couple of days,his shop was closed down and he was nowhere to be found.

jmy

bass one
06-11-2004, 20:29
My former Gunsmith(Name witheld)ran away with my Benelli Semi-Automatic Shotgun.I had it serviced by him and when I went back after a couple of days,his shop was closed down and he was nowhere to be found. OUCH!!;6
Maybe after you guys have made a list someone could make it a "sticky" so that it won't be hard to find...

Hermo Gut
06-12-2004, 08:28
Why Vega , do you have similar experience with them ?

Maybe after you guys have made a list someone could make it a "sticky" so that it won't be hard to find

Approve yan !^c ^c

vega
06-12-2004, 09:27
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
Why Vega , do you have similar experience with them ?
Approve yan !^c ^c
Yes, I bought my first 1911 from them and I don't know much about firearms then. I bought a bomar site for installation and when you put the pistol against the skyline you could see the gap between the bomar and the pistol. I didnt mind it since the pistol was accurate. Anyways, Jun would back up his warranty.

vega

Valor1
06-12-2004, 20:49
Who would like to start listing the gunsmiths with whom you've had better experiences? It would help if we can get the address and phone numbers.

ogiebb
06-20-2004, 06:09
its hilarious that some gun smiths dont use calipers and just rely on their perfectionist(yeah right!!!;Q ) skills.....

Allegra
06-20-2004, 06:58
Madami nako naging gunsmiths, if your a beginner, I would definitely recommend Jun Tuason
Hindi kasi negosyante, he wouldnt do anything to your pistol na hindi kailangan.
I brought my new stock commander to him for the usual custom treatment
He asked me if the gun jams and does it shoot to point of aim.
I said no and yes
Binalik nya sakin, sabi " eh bakit mo pa ipapagawa? "
Pahiya tuloy ako

9MX
06-20-2004, 07:20
si manny sunico pala lapit lang sa house ko nakatira (pasig), he is in bgy. sagad.

is this the legendary gunsmith who would only work on STIs/SVIs? o puede kaya ang CZ ko?:cool:

Valor1
06-20-2004, 08:18
Ok. We're getting responses.

9MX. Nope. Hindi si Manny Sunico iyon. Ok naman si Sunico kaya lang Super tagal at mahal gumawa. Ayaw na nya gumawa today.

One point for Jun Tuason. Ok pala sya. Where is his location and phone number?

antediluvianist
06-20-2004, 09:59
1. Mang Dolpho can be reached at Northstar armory (gunrange), which is in the basement of Cinema Square Makati (off Pasay Road, kind of across the street from the Don Bosco chapels).

I haven't used Mang Dolpho myself but my friend Vic Lim (formerly chairman of PASAR and other companies)has, and says he's good, and reasonable.

2. Asked this before but didn't get a reply so will ask again : anybody know of a gunsmith who is good on Glocks (yes I know Glocks are supposed to be easy to smith by oneself, but just in case)? Most of these guys are mainly 1911-experienced.

jasonub
06-20-2004, 21:19
Originally posted by 9MX
si manny sunico pala lapit lang sa house ko nakatira (pasig), he is in bgy. sagad.

is this the legendary gunsmith who would only work on STIs/SVIs? o puede kaya ang CZ ko?:cool:

he works on all. its jay pecson of true weight who will only touch sti svi and an occasional colt. same guy who made my sv

vega
06-20-2004, 23:30
Originally posted by antediluvianist
2. Asked this before but didn't get a reply so will ask again : anybody know of a gunsmith who is good on Glocks (yes I know Glocks are supposed to be easy to smith by oneself, but just in case)? Most of these guys are mainly 1911-experienced.
What do you have in mind for your glock? Can't be Bomar, FLGR, extended beaver tail...

Go to glockmeister and they have step-by-step procedures on how to do things you might want to do with your glock.

vega

antediluvianist
06-20-2004, 23:40
Yeah I know about Glockmeister and other how-to-do-it-yourself websites, but I'm lazy and mechanically challenged. Would prefer to watch the gunsmith while he does it - put in a NY1 trigger and do the polishing/smoothening work.

Of course, if there isn't any well-known, experienced, specifically-Glock gunsmith in Manila, then I'll do it myself.

doctabako
06-21-2004, 00:02
Originally posted by jasonub
he works on all. its jay pecson of true weight who will only touch sti svi and an occasional colt. same guy who made my sv

Minor thread drift:
Jasonub, this .38 super SV was offered recently at buy and sell(not there anymore). From the picture, does it look real to you? The picture may have not done it justice but the slide/frame clearance looks like a sloppy fit. Thanks
http://www.buyandsellplus.com/images/posted/classifieds/CIMG1274a.jpg

Allegra
06-21-2004, 06:58
Originally posted by Valor1
Ok. We're getting responses.

9MX. Nope. Hindi si Manny Sunico iyon. Ok naman si Sunico kaya lang Super tagal at mahal gumawa. Ayaw na nya gumawa today.

One point for Jun Tuason. Ok pala sya. Where is his location and phone number?

tel no.- 6375006
It's in pasig, d ko alam name ng streets call him nalang
he can do czs, Tanfoglios, glocks,berretta,taurus,bul at syempre 1911
Ang galing nga ng trigger job nya sa cz ko, kahit anong pilit timbangin ni RO Apollo hindi pa rin mahalata na....... :)

I've spent a lot sa guns nuon, wala akong naging reklamo kay jun at sa metrillo
Pero si Jun wouldnt try to sales talk you
Ikaw pa pipilit na imodify yung baril

J

jmy
06-21-2004, 08:01
Originally posted by antediluvianist
1. Mang Dolpho can be reached at Northstar armory (gunrange), which is in the basement of Cinema Square Makati (off Pasay Road, kind of across the street from the Don Bosco chapels).

I haven't used Mang Dolpho myself but my friend Vic Lim (formerly chairman of PASAR and other companies)has, and says he's good, and reasonable.

Ante,
Mang Dolpho does a pretty good trigger work for Glocks also.I know this for sure as before I ordered the trigger kit from T.R. Graham for my Glock 30(Now With Alexii),he used to the trigger of my Glocks including my Glock 35(Now With Paltog)and Glock 19(Now With Jabbar AKA ppts).

jmy

antediluvianist
06-21-2004, 08:59
Ah, thanks for your comment on Mang Dolpho, jmy. Then that will be very convenient for me. Down there in the basement of Cinema Square are all those gun shops (Casa Armas, Twin Pines, Final Options and others- plenty of Glock parts and accessories) plus my gun range Northstar, where Mang Dolpho hangs out .

Funny, I took my family to Casa Armas last Father's day. The Spanish restaurant.

Valor1
06-21-2004, 16:34
Ok. The list is getting interesting.

Jun Tuason - 637-5006
mang Dolpho - Northstar Range (makti Cinema Square) 811-1264
Metrillo - 824-5637

Keep it coming. Thanks

batangueno
06-21-2004, 20:35
First Option (Mang Delfin) - 4154430

jasonub
06-21-2004, 20:49
Originally posted by doctabako
Minor thread drift:
Jasonub, this .38 super SV was offered recently at buy and sell(not there anymore). From the picture, does it look real to you? The picture may have not done it justice but the slide/frame clearance looks like a sloppy fit. Thanks
http://www.buyandsellplus.com/images/posted/classifieds/CIMG1274a.jpg

doc i have to see it firsthand. what looks like a sloppy fit on the slide to frame since there seems to be a gap may not be true.

at the grip end of the sv, there is a rail where the slide can ride. its present in svi but not in sti it lessens the friction between the slide and frame.

doctabako
06-22-2004, 03:16
doc i have to see it firsthand. what looks like a sloppy fit on the slide to frame since there seems to be a gap may not be true.

at the grip end of the sv, there is a rail where the slide can ride. its present in svi but not in sti it lessens the friction between the slide and frame.

Okay, Thanks. Is this rail different from where the ejector is staked and where the disconnector is? The STI also has this.

Valor1
06-22-2004, 23:20
Anymore gunsmiths to add? thanks:)

mc_oliver
06-23-2004, 18:36
Anymore gunsmiths to add? thanks:)
Dre, you can also try Col. Bayang, 840-1362/575-8480. ;)

jasonub
06-23-2004, 20:04
Okay, Thanks. Is this rail different from where the ejector is staked and where the disconnector is? The STI also has this.

different its below that

doctabako
06-23-2004, 21:43
different its below that

Yes it is below that, anyway, I guess you should know better since you have one but I checked the website of SV and their frame, including the rails, looks identical to me. Thanks

Valor1
06-24-2004, 00:03
Ok. The Gunsmiths favored by BOG's:

Jun Tuason - 637-5006
Mang Dolpho - Northstar Range (Makati Cinema Square) 811-1264
Metrillo - 824-5637
Col. Bayang, 840-1362/575-8480
Mang Delfin - 415-4430

Any other gunsmiths who made your day with very good craftsmanship?
:)

jasonub
06-24-2004, 01:46
Yes it is below that, anyway, I guess you should know better since you have one but I checked the website of SV and their frame, including the rails, looks identical to me. Thanks

according to brazos custom the differences in frame between sv and sti is very small. sv just overkills it by beefing up stress points and having a frame hardness of 35-40 which is not necessary but they are perfectionists.

doctabako
06-24-2004, 02:55
according to brazos custom the differences in frame between sv and sti is very small. sv just overkills it by beefing up stress points and having a frame hardness of 35-40 which is not necessary but they are perfectionists.

jasonub
06-24-2004, 05:51
here is a post fr 1911 forums/pistolsmith/be forums
here is the exact discussion at 1911 forums:

STI single stacks are built from castings - not precisely machined from barstock as SVIs are.

STI uses cast thumb safeties and Chinese knockoffs of the Bo-Mar sights in all its pistols. SVI machines its own patented safety and uses REAL Bo-Mar, MMC, and Heinie sights.

SVI buys nothing from Smith and Wesson. In fact, S&W has in the past bought standard production parts from SVI and asked SVI
to manufacture others.

What does it mean to have a pistol frame and slide manufactured from aircraft quality 4340 steel, heat-treated to Rc 42? It means no one else in the marketplace comes close to the hardness and toughness of the material SVI puts into every pistol - standard.

Les Baer frames are Rc 15.
STI hicap frames are Rc 28.

Harder and tougher materials equal longer life and thus greater value.

The SV coated Schuemann AET barrel will shoot sub 1" groups at 50 yards - nearly forever. The rifling will virtually never wear so the accuracy will never deteriorate.

Result? The SVI owner receives greater value.

Premium trigger components from the use of better designs and materials offer trigger jobs that also have an indefinite life. The SVI owner again receives greater value.

Of course, there are those who consider those qualitative achievements and superior standards "fluff." I suppose they need to rationalize their purchases.....

Eye Cutter
06-24-2004, 09:10
jasonub: ikaw yata nag-post nyan e? ;f hehehe

remember when we were gathered around stage 1 of the bolo cup? you were talking to the chinese looking guy who loves to wear sleeveless shirts? remember I said that his and your SVI pistols will probably not last another year from all the shooting we do? well, guess what? his SVI pistol broke! the schuemann hydrid barrel cracked at the barrel lug. well, fwiw, he's using a modified pistol and yours is standard. check your pistol. baka meron na rin crack barrel lugs.

9MX
06-24-2004, 15:58
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

I said that his and your SVI pistols will probably not last another year from all the shooting we do? well, guess what? his SVI pistol broke! the schuemann hydrid barrel cracked at the barrel lug. well, fwiw, he's using a modified pistol and yours is standard. check your pistol. baka meron na rin crack barrel lugs.

doc, pardon the ignorance. what is the barrel lug, is this the barrel itself or part of the slide?

so does this mean the gun is beyond repair?

sayang naman ang baril ni david if it'll be turned into paperweight;g

Eye Cutter
06-24-2004, 17:43
barrel lug, yung lower part, merong barrel link, where the slide stop goes into. sa cz, yung merong oval slot sa ilalim ng barrel. subukan daw i-TIG weld, but i doubt it will last that long.

ayos na ba cz mo? nag-drop free na yung mags?

JuDGe
06-24-2004, 17:46
I am very happy with the trigger job done by Tony Pascual on my CZ75 ;f

Valor1
06-24-2004, 18:40
I read somewhere that most barrels made of 416 stainless if not properly manufactured usually is weak on the barrel lugs. This is where the Kart barrel steel barrels shine the most (problem is they are hard to find locally). The broken lugs usually happen rarely and mostly on those who shoot so much.

9MX
06-24-2004, 18:53
barrel lug, yung lower part, merong barrel link, where the slide stop goes into. sa cz, yung merong oval slot sa ilalim ng barrel. subukan daw i-TIG weld, but i doubt it will last that long.

ayos na ba cz mo? nag-drop free na yung mags?

there goes the 4340 steel;g

ayos na cz ko doc ty for the tip.:)

natune ko na din yung isang 16rndr ko to accommodate 17 rounds, will work on the other 16rndr and my 2 15rndrs na din to accommodate 16:cool:

jasonub
06-24-2004, 19:46

remember when we were gathered around stage 1 of the bolo cup? you were talking to the chinese looking guy who loves to wear sleeveless shirts? remember I said that his and your SVI pistols will probably not last another year from all the shooting we do? well, guess what? his SVI pistol broke! the schuemann hydrid barrel cracked at the barrel lug. well, fwiw, he's using a modified pistol and yours is standard. check your pistol. baka meron na rin crack barrel lugs.

i just copied the post from 1911 forums. by number6.

Anyway the barrel lug will shear if not fitted properly and since he is using modified loads. which is very high pressure something should break.

The shuemann barrel broke but not the sv frame:) also most of the barrels for sv/sti are now the wilson/nowlin/lissner cut which is beefier than the para/clark cut

mc_oliver
06-24-2004, 20:16
barrels for sv/sti are now the wilson/nowlin/lissner cut which is beefier than the para/clark cut
Strange as it may seem, even though Para-type yung frame ng Armscor, I just found out Wilson/Nowlin din pala barrel na ginagamit nila. FYI lang. ;)

homogenizer
06-24-2004, 20:48

I saw that! Tho I didnt touch it! ;f ;e ;z

homogenizer
06-24-2004, 20:50
Originally posted by 9MX
there goes the 4340 steel;g

ayos na cz ko doc ty for the tip.:)

natune ko na din yung isang 16rndr ko to accommodate 17 rounds, will work on the other 16rndr and my 2 15rndrs na din to accommodate 16:cool:

hey, bubulungan ko yung Range Officer, OPEN category ka!!;z ;z

ppts799
06-24-2004, 20:59
Originally posted by homogenizer
I saw that! Tho I didnt touch it! ;f ;e ;z
ang tindi mo na talaga ivan!!!
now you don't even have to touch it. all you have to do is look at it and *#@!!!$^*#
don't look at my glock!:) ;f ;a ;e :cool:

9MX
06-24-2004, 23:14
Originally posted by homogenizer
hey, bubulungan ko yung Range Officer, OPEN category ka!!;z ;z

chuchu!;f

"I saw that! Tho I didnt touch it! "

Malufet ka talaga! Don't look at my guns please

;a

Valor1
06-28-2004, 07:43
hey guys! any other gunsmiths you'd like to add and your great experiences? ty

doctabako
06-28-2004, 08:30
The shuemann barrel broke but not the sv frame:) also most of the barrels for sv/sti are now the wilson/nowlin/lissner cut which is beefier than the para/clark cut

Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between the Para/Clark and the Wilson/Nowlin cut ramped barrels. Saw pictures of it on the web and saw that the Para/Clark has a radiused(rounded) profile(like my Limcat barrel) where it mates with the receiver, while the Wilson/Nowlin has a square profile(or is it the other way around). Is this the main difference? I'm thinking the Clark cut is better for the frame as less material is removed when making the slot for the lower lug. Am I wrong?
Conversely, on the barrel, the Nowlin may indeed be stronger as it has more material in the lug.

Valor1
07-01-2004, 21:38
Hello everyone! Anymore gunsmiths you wish to add and the great experiences you’ve had with them? One more thing, I remember Lantin telling me that when he does trigger jobs, he even uses a microscope to adjust the sear??? Maybe he is also serious about the grain structure of metals.

Anyway, do any of you guys know a certain Efren Nunal ( a former Jethro gunsmith) who is trained by Johnny Lim of Limcat Custom? Any feedbacks on the guy? Thanks.

mc_oliver
07-01-2004, 21:55
Hello everyone! Anymore gunsmiths you wish to add and the great experiences you’ve had with them? One more thing, I remember Lantin telling me that when he does trigger jobs, he even uses a microscope to adjust the sear??? Maybe he is also serious about the grain structure of metals.

Hehehe, nagpapa-impress lang siguro yun dre. A moderately-powered magnifying lense is usually sufficient. This is to ensure tama yung cut sa sear face and provides full contact with the hammer hooks.;)

Valor1
07-01-2004, 23:06
kaya nga naniniwala ako ng tinawag na Clown tong si Lantin. Pero ok sya sa mga Pimp guns. Pan-display talaga baril nya pero di pwedeng iputok.

jasonub
07-02-2004, 03:00
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doctabako
[B]Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between the Para/Clark and the Wilson/Nowlin cut ramped barrels. Saw pictures of it on the web and saw that the Para/Clark has a radiused(rounded) profile(like my Limcat barrel) where it mates with the receiver, while the Wilson/Nowlin has a square profile(or is it the other way around).

para clark flat wilson nowlin lissner rounded. rounded and beefier more durable.

doctabako
07-02-2004, 04:36
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doctabako
[B]Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between the Para/Clark and the Wilson/Nowlin cut ramped barrels. Saw pictures of it on the web and saw that the Para/Clark has a radiused(rounded) profile(like my Limcat barrel) where it mates with the receiver, while the Wilson/Nowlin has a square profile(or is it the other way around).

para clark flat wilson nowlin lissner rounded. rounded and beefier more durable.

So its the other way around. Thanks:)

Valor1
07-02-2004, 09:31
Hindi ba baliktad? Wilson/Nowlin ramp is flat and Clark/Para ramp is round?

doctabako
07-02-2004, 10:41
Hindi ba baliktad? Wilson/Nowlin ramp is flat and Clark/Para ramp is round?

Yup, double checked(as I too got confused ;f ) and I was right the first time, this quote is from the Brownells website;
On a Clark/Para ramp, the second cut is measured from the slide stop pin to the face of the lug slot. This cut is made with the frame level in the milling vise and is approximately .260” in length. The Clark ramp cut is rounded at the back of the lugs. Check your barrel again to see what the cut will look like. Remember; go by the specifications that came with your barrel.

from the www.schuemann.com site,this is what a para/clark ramp cut barrel looks like
http://www.schuemann.com/images/gu45cnm0.gif

while this is what a wilson/nowlin ramp cut barrel looks like
http://www.schuemann.com/images/gu45wnm0.gif

Hope this clears things up:)

jasonub
07-04-2004, 06:35
ok at least thats cleared up. my mistake:)

tyro
07-15-2004, 23:28
From all that has been said, I seem to get the message that we realy do not have a gunsmith in the Philippines who specializes on the GLOCK?!! Am I correct?

antediluvianist
07-15-2004, 23:40
That's a good question, tyro. That's my impression also. Gunsmiths would naturally make more money servicing non-Glock guns, especially the 1911 (they need smithing to improve reliability, and can be customized a lot. And there are so many of them around.)

Valor1
07-16-2004, 08:20
let me see. what do you usually need a gunsmith for when you own a Glock:
- change sights
- fit new barrel
- fabricate magwell, or grip plug
- modify grips (if ever you need to)
- change the connector or modify for lighter pull

I think that's it. comparing the Glock to the 1911, the latter needs a lot of work to make it shoot well (hence more gunsmiths for more 1911 modifications).

Alexii
07-16-2004, 08:44
Originally posted by tyro
From all that has been said, I seem to get the message that we realy do not have a gunsmith in the Philippines who specializes on the GLOCK?!! Am I correct?

It seems to be that way. The way I see it, only aftermarket barrel fitting for Glocks calls for the services of a gunsmith. All else can easily be done by the shooter himself with tons of info available on the web. If one isn't mechanically inclined to do these things, one can always seek the help of other longtime Glock owners. More often than not, these guys do it for free.;f

jmy
07-23-2004, 07:41
Originally posted by jmy
Ante,
Mang Dolpho does a pretty good trigger work for Glocks also.I know this for sure as before I ordered the trigger kit from T.R. Graham for my Glock 30(Now With Alexii),he used to do the trigger jobs of my Glocks including my Glock 35(Now With Paltog)and Glock 19(Now With Jabbar AKA ppts).

jmy

mc_oliver
07-25-2004, 20:35
You guys may want to shoot gunner5 some info about his "vanek" trigger. Last time I PM'ed him he responded that he can ship his triggers here in the Phils. Unfortunately, I had to let go of my glock...temporarily...so I never got to order it. ;)

http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.htm

batangueno
07-25-2004, 21:08
Originally posted by mc_oliver
You guys may want to shoot gunner5 some info about his "vanek" trigger. Last time I PM'ed him he responded that he can ship his triggers here in the Phils. Unfortunately, I had to let go of my glock...temporarily...so I never got to order it. ;)

That would be excellent for a G35 competing in Standard, ang mahal nga lang. Meron pa bang may G35 sa atin dito. ;f

atmarcella
11-01-2004, 07:30
Originally posted by mc_oliver

mc_o, kausap ko sya lately, ayaw nya, takot sya, sabi ko, can you label it as "machine parts", ayaw nya baka daw mahuli sya

jerrytrini
11-01-2004, 17:47
Get all your Glock parts (except sights) and I will install them for you at no charge. I will even show you how its done. For IPSC shoots
get the 3.5 assembly and 000 grit sandpaper, titanium nitrate coated plunger and a six pack of ice cold San Mig light. Get anything you want installed in January.

atmarcella
11-02-2004, 08:30
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrytrini
Get all your Glock parts (except sights) and I will install them for you at no charge. I will even show you how its done. For IPSC shoots
get the 3.5 assembly and 000 grit sandpaper, titanium nitrate coated plunger and a six pack of ice cold San Mig light. Get anything you want installed in January. [/

jerry uuwi ka sa january?

jerrytrini
11-02-2004, 20:52
Yes. My wife and I are flying home in January. I would like to see the BOGs again. This time my bro-in-law is coming so I don't have to burden Reccah again to drive me home. Sorry Richard!!!!

I can bring springs, Glock internals, Beretta internals and holsters. Just tell me way before I start packing my boxes otherwise you are SOL.

atmarcella
11-03-2004, 04:05
sir jerry,

dalhin k na lang barli k sa inyo, bka ma improve nyo pa yung polishing job that mang dolpho did, where do you live sir?;f

ReccaH
11-04-2004, 19:29
Sir Jerry not at all, in fact its the contrary. We really enjoyed being with you as shown from our good attendance(seldom happen)! You are the most if not one of the well known and respected BoG member. Looking forward on your return. Need to practice on my karaoke. Kampai!

batangueno
11-04-2004, 19:32
Originally posted by atmarcella
sir jerry,

dalhin k na lang barli k sa inyo, bka ma improve nyo pa yung polishing job that mang dolpho did, where do you live sir?;f Naku, mahirap yata dalhin yung baril mo mula san pablo hanggang california. ;f

mc_oliver
11-04-2004, 19:42
Originally posted by batangueno
Naku, mahirap yata dalhin yung baril mo mula san pablo hanggang california. ;f
Eh kung sa California Pizza Kitchen pwede, pero sama kami dyan sa kainan! ;f

atmarcella
11-05-2004, 07:06
Originally posted by batangueno
Naku, mahirap yata dalhin yung baril mo mula san pablo hanggang california. ;f

hindi batangeuno, sa january na pag-uwi nya dito

antediluvianist
11-06-2004, 05:28
Guys, anybody know a gunsmith who is good specifically in S&W revolvers, or revolvers in general? Sooner or later these things go out of timing. I understand there are few/no revolver parts on stock locally so is necessary to bring same in, but that's OK as long as there is a decent revolversmith here.

julianz
11-07-2004, 06:50
since this is all about smiths , do anyone know anyone who can reconditioned/ tune up a scatter gun that is rusting and hasnt been feed for a decade . My cousin inherited an airforce issue shotgun, im planning to buy it,sayang kinakalawang lang.

paltik45
11-07-2004, 10:02
Originally posted by julianz
since this is all about smiths , do anyone know anyone who can reconditioned/ tune up a scatter gun that is rusting and hasnt been feed for a decade . My cousin inherited an airforce issue shotgun, im planning to buy it,sayang kinakalawang lang.

Sir try to call METRILLO sila kasi yung nag-recon nung Browning auto-5 nung uncle ko way back in 97. They made a special blueing tank for the barrel. I hope this helps.;f

julianz
11-08-2004, 01:16
Originally posted by paltik45
Sir try to call METRILLO sila kasi yung nag-recon nung Browning auto-5 nung uncle ko way back in 97. They made a special blueing tank for the barrel. I hope this helps.;f

thanks paltik45.
i think i got their number somewhere.

Allegra
11-08-2004, 10:01
Pinabilib nanaman ako Metrillo
A friend broke his USP's extractor when a case ruptured in the chamber
Metri machined a new extractor gayang gaya
hanep, good as new

bonglee0507
05-20-2014, 05:44
Jay Pecson of True Weight

drhiredgun
05-23-2014, 10:06
Tony Olinares of Pasig

Punisher_nbi45
10-09-2014, 10:01
Bumpin' up a somewhat old thread-

Try out L.V. Samson Gunsmithing over at K-H (or is it K-I), Kamias Road, Quezon City. He gets the job done in a reasonable amount of time and does give out good deals. Definitely worth every penny, as I've had good experience with what he does. Especially if you have him put a rail on a rail-less 1911 - he actually has an extension that goes past the trigger guard and stops short of the plunger tube area, making it uber strong when welded in (he uses TIG welding).

Dennis V.

i_am_infinity
10-16-2014, 22:09
Bumpin' up a somewhat old thread-

Try out L.V. Samson Gunsmithing over at K-H (or is it K-I), Kamias Road, Quezon City. He gets the job done in a reasonable amount of time and does give out good deals. Definitely worth every penny, as I've had good experience with what he does. Especially if you have him put a rail on a rail-less 1911 - he actually has an extension that goes past the trigger guard and stops short of the plunger tube area, making it uber strong when welded in (he uses TIG welding).

Dennis V.

Sir may number ka ni louie?