Yuor professional opinion on close quaters combat arms please! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yuor professional opinion on close quaters combat arms please!

donn
06-10-2004, 22:21
If you guys had to do it all over again and had to pick only one from the following weapons for close quarters combat which would it be?

1. H&K MP 5/10mm

2. The new military issue 6.8x43 SPC special purpose caliber.

3. M4

4. AK47 Fully Automatic

5. Shotgun semiauto

6. Shotgun pump

7. Something different than those listed above.

P.S sorry if I have made an inappropriate question for this forum but I figure no one else would know better than you guys.

Thank you.

Artisan
06-11-2004, 03:26
If your truely talking close quarters (ie. room clearing and M.O.U.T.) then I would prefer to have a shotgun. Pump or Semi would depend on the make and personal preference. This is very general though, some of the variables would be squad size, max engagement range, type of armor opposing forces had access too, infiltration technique... and so on. I have done it with M-4s and M-9s with small (2-5 man) teams. Weapon is little more than preference as training is where you make your money.

Long winded, but I vote for a good shotgun if Im the lead member.

RussP
06-11-2004, 07:49
This seemed to do the job for us. Good room clearers...

;f

http://www.skyraider.org/skyassn/memberpics/marrett/gmj029.jpg

Apeman
06-11-2004, 11:35
I liked the MP5 butt if I had a chance I always took the 870's. I now shoot a Benelli M1 though. So its the shotguns for me.

donn
06-11-2004, 12:17
Thanks guys! Looks like shotguns rule for buildings. The plane is beyond my budget but I realy like it ha ha.

I should have been more clear when I said close quarters since I am more curious about jungle and forest combat.

RussP
06-11-2004, 12:44
Originally posted by donn
Thanks guys! Looks like shotguns rule for buildings. The plane is beyond my budget but I realy like it ha ha.

I should have been more clear when I said close quarters since I am more curious about jungle and forest combat. Hey, donn, those 3' fuses do wonders triming those trees.

This area of Laos use to be covered with trees. Drop a few of those bombs and you get this...

http://fototime.com/3CAE47112DD84FB/standard.jpg

fnfalman
06-11-2004, 14:04
I'd take a paratrooper folding stock 18" barrel FAL. Since that I never was a commando but a plain jane soldier, I don't give a damn about hostage safety. I'd rather have something that can shoot through walls and reach the enemy on the other side without having to come, takee, look, see. Oh yes, and plenty of frag grenades too. But that's just me.

donn
06-11-2004, 14:34
RussP, is that a recent photo?

If so, let's ask Christ Jesus for forgiveness and ask him to replenish the trees and critters of Laos.

RussP
06-11-2004, 15:40
Originally posted by donn
RussP, is that a recent photo?

If so, let's ask Christ Jesus for forgiveness and ask him to replenish the trees and critters of Laos. Photo of the Ho Chi Minh trail is from 1969.

Edited to add:

I started photographing this area in probably October-November 1968. There were trees there then. Under those trees were NVA and big guns.
The formula was simple: No Trees = No NVA, therefore no big guns.

That area along the river is most likely just as it was pre-1968.

Nestor
06-12-2004, 14:03
I had contact only with AK47 Fully Automatic, so great rifle in the field (especiallly sand), but not in the CQB IMO.

Bonk
06-13-2004, 21:53
A willey-peter bag full of M67 frag grenades, that's CQB for you.;)

A_Swede_17_1911
06-16-2004, 22:15
^6 I'm so used to using my M4 that I would probably choose that, im just really comfortable with the M4, and have had no reliablity problems. From my expirence if some bad guy is going to get shot, there going to get shot alot.

Bill Powell
06-23-2004, 18:01
i would say, if at all possible, avoid it. if you cannot avoid it, i would suggest the death blossom, from the last starfighter.

Cowgunner
06-25-2004, 16:35
Originally posted by Bonk
A willey-peter bag full of M67 frag grenades, that's CQB for you.;)

Amen. I remember one of my Sergents telling us that in M.O.U.T. you use your frag grenades "When you absolutly, positivly, have to liquidfy every mother****er in the room."

WesFL
06-26-2004, 13:32