cz75b tune-up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : cz75b tune-up

glck17
06-14-2004, 00:13
To all cz75/85 owners:

what did you do to enhance your pistol for ipsc prod competition? how about the costs? waiting period? all replies will be deeply appreciated. thanks!:)

batangueno
06-14-2004, 04:03
I think you should enhance your CZ to look like this:

http://www.imageseek.com/hbeleather/gallery/albums/wallpaper/Cimg0538.jpg

JuDGe
06-14-2004, 05:15
I just installed an LPA fully adjustable sights (P2600), and a nice trigger job from TP (P1500, 3days). ^c

Batangueno: Di yata puwede ang may engraving sa production ;f

Valor1
06-14-2004, 05:54
Allowed na ba leather jacket sa competition? ehem;Q

Eye Cutter
06-14-2004, 06:17
Batangueno: That's my kind of CZ!!! nabuhay na naman si Cheska Zubumoko!!!!

glck17: eto litanya ko for the CZ...treat this as doctrine and you'll save a lot of time, effort and money setting up your CZ-75/85 for ipsc production division!

1. Get a good trigger job. My 85B has 7lb DA and 2.5lb SA pull. Si Churchill, yung dating gunsmith ng PB ang gumawa. Yung triggers ng CZ nila Judge at Casmot si TP ang gumawa. Yung kay Allegra saka mga Team Armscor PD players si Jun Tuason ang current favorite when it comes to trigger jobs but I don't know where his shop is. I think it's in Pasig.

2. The original 75B mags have the solid black/gray followers and hold only 15rds. Use CZ-85B 16rd mags with the red/black hollow followers with legs. You can get 17 rds in when the springs break-in.

Aftermarket mags are allowed in PD so you can opt to buy the Mecgar 17rd magazines specifically made for the CZ at Twin Pines. 18rds will fit when the springs break-in.

You can also use 17rd Jericho/Tanfoglio magazine as your no. 1 magazine, but it has a square lip. The CZ has a round lip profile. The jericho/tanfoglio 17rd magazine will snag during mag change. 18rds will also fit when the springs break-in.

Use only original CZ thin wire mag springs and don't ever cut any coils.

3. Remove tha magazine brake inside the grip and straighten it out using 2 pliers so the mags fall free when you push the mag catch. Be very careful, the mag brake is made of spring wire and is very brittle.

4. If you have small hands, get the original CZ thin rubber grips. This is what I prefer. Others like the orig. plastic grips. Some don't like the rubber grips because they're too sticky, mahirap mag adjust ng grip.

5. The polymer and nickel plating finishes are very slick. Put skateboard tape on the front strap, slide and frame.

6. you can replace the fixed rear sights with LPA adjustable rear sights. You can paint your sights however you like it. Some prefer plain black or 3-dots with the same or different colors on the dots. I prefer plain black rear and an orange front sight.

Since magkakalaban tayo sa PD, tama na muna mga tips na ito para meron pa akong maitatagong ibang secrets! hehehe. enjoy your new toy!!! ;K

Eye Cutter
06-14-2004, 07:39
forgot to add: Excessive dry firing without a dummy round or cushion bet. the hammer and firing pin will break the roll pin and/or the tip of the firing pin.

Get a spare slide stop and keep it in your range bag. A quick fix is to use a cut to size drill bit.

;K

glck17
06-14-2004, 20:16
thanks again guys!:)

Eye Cutter: what do you mean by "a quick fix is to use a cut to size drill bit"? and yung trigger job na 7lb DA, 2.5lb SA hine ba nag "hammer down"?

Eye Cutter
06-14-2004, 22:43
naputulan ng slide stop sa Toot's Cup in Rosales yung brother ko. when he ordered the slide stop from PB, out of stock. So he got a broken drill bit with the same diameter as the slide stop and pina-putol sa gunsmith ng PB. yun muna ginamit until dumating piyesa. hanggang ngayon, yun ang spare slide stop niya.

regarding the trigger pull, wala akong nagiging problema. Yung 75B ni JuDGe mas maganda pa nga trigger pull!

glck17
06-14-2004, 22:53
thanks! baka pwede mo ko PM re ammo specs for your CZ.:) (kung OK lang)

Eye Cutter
06-14-2004, 23:14
We just follow the VV reloading specs. sa PB. Iba-iba gamit naming heads. Plain lead, copper plated, fmj, etc. and of different weights. Basta ang target PF namin for the CZ bet 132-135. More than that and the handling becomes too flippy.

I usually use N320 or N340 powder. Yung iba ADI AP-70, but it has a wide spread in velocity bec. of the dispensing quality of flake powder.

Saan ba kayo nagpapaload sa DPSA? Pumunta nga pala mga kasama ko sa level 1 shoot ninyo kahapon.

glck17
06-15-2004, 00:57
ok sir. how about yung OAL? yes nagpunta mga Team PB nung sunday. Adong just whop my A** in prod to take 1st place.(2nd ako);)

Eye Cutter
06-15-2004, 06:44
Congrats! parati nga kami pinapagalitan ni Coach Adong kasi matigas daw ulo namin. Di kasi kami sumusunod sa turo niya! iba diskarte namin sa kanya! hehehe. Ayos na ayos ang CZ panglaro!

Regarding the OAL, we use the VV recommended of 1.142in.

Allegra
06-15-2004, 08:40
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Batangueno: That's my kind of CZ!!! nabuhay na naman si Cheska Zubumoko!!!!

glck17: eto litanya ko for the CZ...treat this as doctrine and you'll save a lot of time, effort and money setting up your CZ-75/85 for ipsc production division!

1. Get a good trigger job. My 85B has 7lb DA and 2.5lb SA pull. Si Churchill, yung dating gunsmith ng PB ang gumawa. Yung triggers ng CZ nila Judge at Casmot si TP ang gumawa. Yung kay Allegra saka mga Team Armscor PD players si Jun Tuason ang current favorite when it comes to trigger jobs but I don't know where his shop is. I think it's in Pasig.

2. The original 75B mags have the solid black/gray followers and hold only 15rds. Use CZ-85B 16rd mags with the red/black hollow followers with legs. You can get 17 rds in when the springs break-in.

Aftermarket mags are allowed in PD so you can opt to buy the Mecgar 17rd magazines specifically made for the CZ at Twin Pines. 18rds will fit when the springs break-in.

You can also use 17rd Jericho/Tanfoglio magazine as your no. 1 magazine, but it has a square lip. The CZ has a round lip profile. The jericho/tanfoglio 17rd magazine will snag during mag change. 18rds will also fit when the springs break-in.

Use only original CZ thin wire mag springs and don't ever cut any coils.

3. Remove tha magazine brake inside the grip and straighten it out using 2 pliers so the mags fall free when you push the mag catch. Be very careful, the mag brake is made of spring wire and is very brittle.

4. If you have small hands, get the original CZ thin rubber grips. This is what I prefer. Others like the orig. plastic grips. Some don't like the rubber grips because they're too sticky, mahirap mag adjust ng grip.

5. The polymer and nickel plating finishes are very slick. Put skateboard tape on the front strap, slide and frame.

6. you can replace the fixed rear sights with LPA adjustable rear sights. You can paint your sights however you like it. Some prefer plain black or 3-dots with the same or different colors on the dots. I prefer plain black rear and an orange front sight.

Since magkakalaban tayo sa PD, tama na muna mga tips na ito para meron pa akong maitatagong ibang secrets! hehehe. enjoy your new toy!!! ;K

Jun tuason- 6375006
trigger job and grip tape
DA 5lbs sa 2lbs

Eye Cutter
06-15-2004, 08:49
Master A: san ba shop ni Jun Tuason?

glck17
06-15-2004, 21:30
thanks again Sir Eye Cutter. Mapuntahan nga si Jun Tuason para sa trigger job.;)

cznayr
06-16-2004, 00:40
sirs, can you tell me where i can buy wolff recoil springs 16# for my .40 cz75b?

Allegra
06-17-2004, 08:40
Jun T shop sa bahay nya sa pasig
Dulo ng shaw yun eh, alam ko malapit sa Victoria court

CZnayr why do you need to change springs?

cznayr
06-17-2004, 19:51
Allegra,

my gun throws brass at 10-12 feet.. undersprung ang reocil spring ko

PMMA97
06-17-2004, 23:04
Originally posted by cznayr
Allegra,

my gun throws brass at 10-12 feet.. undersprung ang reocil spring ko

Excuse my ignorance, but is that a bad thing? What are the negative effects of an undersprung CZ? Thanks to the group. :)

cznayr
06-17-2004, 23:51
pmma97,

potential damage to the pistol from frame battering, specially sa slide stop...
felt recoil would also improve pag medyo ok na yung recoil spring mo...

pag sobrang lapit naman ng tapon ng brass, malang masyadong heavy ang recoil spring mo....

Allegra
06-19-2004, 00:57
Originally posted by cznayr
pmma97,

potential damage to the pistol from frame battering, specially sa slide stop...
felt recoil would also improve pag medyo ok na yung recoil spring mo...

Baliktad tayo
the lamboter the spring mas gusto ko kasi, masarap mag recoil
sakin kasi, its not the initial recoil that is affected by the recoil spring but yung tama ng slide sa frame AFTER cycling. Nawawala yung alignment ng bike este sights ko sandali pag malakas ang balik ng slide Naks! plus mas madali sundan front sight

Kung stock spring yan I doubt masisira baril mo
tingnan mo yung 40cal ammo, baka hindi standard ang size plus IPSc loads minsan masyado malakas for factory guns

pag sobrang lapit naman ng tapon ng brass, malang masyadong heavy ang recoil spring mo....

or bading yung bala ( no offense sa mga bading ), or maluwag extractor

Dalin mo nalang sa gunsmith

julianz
06-19-2004, 05:56
Doc Eye cutter magkano kaya brand new CZ 75 or 85 ngayon sa PB?

Eye Cutter
06-19-2004, 06:16
sorry, i don't know. sa taas ng peso:dollar exchange rate, nasa 40k+ na siguro. di ba meron ka nang CZ?

ogiebb
06-19-2004, 09:32
doc,

yung mga practice loads ba natin sa PB dati nasa above power factor ? masyado kasi soft e..never had a chance to chrono

Eye Cutter
06-19-2004, 17:29
yung mga 9mm reloads? yup. 128-132 PF using 120-128 gr plated heads and N320 powder

ogiebb
06-19-2004, 19:11
thanks ..doc:) :)

julianz
06-19-2004, 22:48
sorry, i don't know. sa taas ng peso:dollar exchange rate, nasa 40k+ na siguro. di ba meron ka nang CZ?

Wala pa sir , yung ginagamit ko dati hiram ko lang sa cousin ko, nalipat ng destino eh.

tingin na lang ako pag uwi ko pati hatsan check ko din , thanks anyway.

9MX
06-20-2004, 07:10
Originally posted by julianz
Doc Eye cutter magkano kaya brand new CZ 75 or 85 ngayon sa PB?

dre,

get mikey's na lang (if still available). very good deal. look for the post, recent lang yun

Hermo Gut
06-20-2004, 10:43
magkano kaya brand new CZ 75 or 85 ngayon sa PB?

Sa Hahn Manila (SM Megamall) Php 44T yung CZ75 & Php 46T naman yung CZ85 (black). With the price difference mas logical bilhin yung CZ85 , definitely more than two thousand yung upgrade sa 85 version.;Q

ogiebb
06-20-2004, 11:20
darn i feel lucky buying my CZ85 for 18 thou 2 years ago..;f

julianz
06-21-2004, 01:16
Thanks guys;W

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 08:56
eto yung cz-85 duotone gamit ko panglaro. nakakabit custom kamagong grips. panlaro, rubber grips gamit ko.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1211.jpg

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 08:58
sangkaterbang skateboard tape nakakabit!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1214.jpg

9MX
07-21-2004, 09:00
eto yung cz-85 duotone gamit ko panglaro. nakakabit custom kamagong grips. panlaro, rubber grips gamit ko.

hehe pareho pala tayo doc, i intend to have a pair of kamagong grips for my cz. or i may opt for a walnut finish (tama ba ito?yung tulad ng grips ni horge sa bersa)

Czecho
07-21-2004, 09:35
Hi there Eyecutter! Nice grips. Where did you have it made? can they do that with 1911's? Thanks

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 09:53
the pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the wood and the finish. it came from a small plank of very old phil. ebonywood a friend gave me. i also have a pair of grips for my P16-40 and Para LDA.

here's a close up. i tried to enhance the photo so the lighter grains show. i'll get a better quality picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1209.jpg

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 09:54
Kamagong grips for the Para LDA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1207.jpg

bass one
07-21-2004, 19:24
The only additional beautification I made to my CZ85 Combat is a pair of Hakan grips in stippled (my design) flame amboine wood. Very sexy! Price? Please don't ask...;g I just loved the wood so I ordered.

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 19:35
bass: i know, i also inquired with hakan. very, very expensive! pero ang ganda ng mga wood grips niya. if you don't mind, pls. post a pic. of your hakan grips.

ano kaya other local Phil. hardwoods to use for custom grips? ano kaya itsura using narra? anybody know where we can get some?

batangueno
07-21-2004, 19:55
Doc, ganda ng mga grips mo. :)

ano kaya other local Phil. hardwoods to use for custom grips? ano kaya itsura using narra? anybody know where we can get some?
Aside from Narra and Kamagong, you can also look for and try Madre Cacao or Apitong. Alam ko sa may taal (batangas) meron mga narra at madre cacao na reta-retaso ginagamit sa balisong. :)

bass one
07-21-2004, 23:29
I have not been able to take a pix of it on my gun yet. But here is the pix sent to me by Hakan after it was done. As always, it looks much much better "live". Just imagine this pair on a satin nickel 85combat...;f

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 23:33
looks great! tamang tama lang yung position ng stippling where you need maximum traction for your support fingers. preserves the beauty of the wood!

bass one
07-22-2004, 20:12
Thanks Doc. Exactly why I opted for just enough stippling to get a good grip. Don't want to ruin the wood. If you visit Hakan's website you'll see a one-and-only pair with "medallion". It's supposed to be mine but I didn't like the grains so Hakan made another one for me. He has sold that pair to someone else. He's a great guy to do business with.

Eye Cutter
12-13-2004, 01:24
;d