DFW Women get together?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DFW Women get together??

Vic303
06-21-2004, 07:00
Hey everyone, any women want to try to get together in DFW for a shooting day, at say CCGR/BTI/Backwoods Traps at the end of July/August on a weekend?

I'm not good for coordinating something like this, but would be willing to bring all sorts of things that go bang, depending on WHERE it was held.

--Vicky

BikerGoddess
06-21-2004, 10:27
I'd be up for something like this, if my schedule allows. July's going to be bad for me, though.

Laura

Vic303
06-21-2004, 11:53
BG,July's not God's best for me either...since the baby is due in the 1st half of the month, but I thought it might be nice to get out of the house for a couple hours asap...! Just for sanity's sake! But August would be fine too...it was just a suggestion--nothing set in stone. Can you think of anyone else who might want to join in?

--Vicky

BikerGoddess
06-21-2004, 12:54
An Independence baby, then? Best wishes.

I'm good for a casual, meet at the range and blow things up session. Just not sure when I'll be in town. We'll see who else replies to this, then pick a date that works for the most. Or pick two dates :)

Laura

Vic303
06-25-2004, 06:40
Hey Laura, looks like we're the only two GT women in DFW...I find that hard to believe, but no one else has hit this thread... Say you gonna stop by the Harley shop at 75 & McDermott this weekend? Looks like they're having some sort of big promotion. There's tents set up, and a trailer marked "Thunder Cycles" or something out front...

Just thought I'd mention it since I know you're a motorcyclist.
--Vicky

BikerGoddess
06-26-2004, 12:14
I mentioned it to a friend of mine and she'd be interested. If you're just looking for the estrogen environment, there are several others who would probably like to come. Don't know why you're not getting a response here...

And another friend just bought all the Buell inventory from them, so I kinda don't have a reason to go back out there. I'm not at all dissing HDs, but it's not really my scene. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Laura

Vic303
06-26-2004, 13:26
It's not so much that I mind shooting with the guys, just that sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only woman out there who's into firearms...It gets a bit depressing when the only other women I seem to see at ranges or at group get-togethers are the SO/GF who's just tagging along to keep an eye on her guy.

Didn't know the Buell stuff at the HD store had been bought out. I recall you rode something other than an HD, but couldn't remember the name--just that they used to have it at that shop on 75.

Have a good weekend!
Vicky

BikerGoddess
06-26-2004, 17:44
You're not alone! This is Texas! ;) I can think of 4 friends right off the top of my head who shoot. Probably come up with more if I think about it some.

I actually bought my bike at that store. The guy who owns it also owns the one in Garland. As far as I can tell, they've only had one salesman who actually liked the bikes. Really turns off prospective buyers. It's sad, because these are great bikes.

Laura

SouthernGal
07-01-2004, 12:26
Bro just built a house outside of Ft. Worth. I could get away for a few days but I'd have to make the 8-hour drive or buy a ticket in advance. He's been wanting to see my new piece anyway...

Vic303
07-02-2004, 06:34
Well, let me & BG know when you might be in the DFW area and maybe we can work something out. I'm still stuck here waiting for the baby to arrive...

SouthernGal
07-02-2004, 12:47
Bro is getting set up in the new house. Let me see if he's going to be in around Labor Day (next big holiday) and maybe I can make a trip out there. Will you have had that baby by then?

Vic303
07-02-2004, 15:14
Baby by Sept 1?? Oh Lordy, I better have her by then!;g She's due July 13! I might get lucky and have her a week early according to my docs.
--Vicky

QB
07-08-2004, 21:54
Well I don't visit GT much but ran across this thread. I might be able to attend and also bring along a friend. Just let me know when and where. Sounds fun!!!