Any Ham Radio related Questions I can Help you with? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Ham Radio related Questions I can Help you with?

Caretaker
06-24-2004, 20:11
My name is Kevin W. Cellini Callsign: N1KGM. My Date of Birth is 01/11/63. My License Class is Amatuer Extra. My address is at 49 Sunrise Avenue in Trumbull, Connecticut. My Telephone Number is (203) 268-5015. My EMAIL ADDRESS is N1KGM@snet.net (or) N1KGM@441700.com . Our WEB PAGE ADDRESS for the Connecticut Regional Testing Center and a list of all our Exam Dates and times, as well as, information all about our repeater, pictures and other amatuer Radio related information is located at http://www.441700.com .(Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Our Webmaster, Jeff kamen NY1M). I have been a ham radio operator since 1990. I operate all bands HF/VHF/UHF (160m to 450Mhz). I am a Co-Repeater Owner of the 441.700Mhz(+) (PL TONE 77.0Hz) Repeater Located in Milford, Connecticut. As well as, Control-Operator involved with maintianing and programming numerous other Repeaters throughout Southern Connecticut. I am a Licensed Commercial Radio and Amateur Extra Class Volunteer Examiner with Licenses from the FCC, National Radio Examiners, W5YI Group, and ARRL and have been so since 1991. I am the Founder, Regional Test Center Manager and Contact Person of the CONNECTICUT REGIONAL TESTING CENTER of Trumbull Connecticut since it's inception in 1994, where we provide licensing exams for all levels of the Commercial Radio, Avionics, Electronics Technician and Amatuer Radio Fields. Our Center is Licensed for Testing by the FCC, National Radio Examiners, W5YI Group and ARRL. You can view and see all this information on our webpage address listed above. If you have any questions Please feel free to contact me at the telephone number, email address or at our webpage all listed above. Thank you and 73 de KEVIN W. CELLINI N1KGM
If you have any questions regarding Commercial or Amateur FCC Licensing, please ask I will try to help you if I can.

GSD17
07-02-2004, 00:54
wow. That's what I love about Amateur radio, everyone is willing to help ya out without a question.

Caretaker
07-02-2004, 16:59
Originally posted by GSD17
wow. That's what I love about Amateur radio, everyone is willing to help ya out without a question.

thats the way it should be in life in general. we should all work together and be friends and try to work as one rather than all working as individuals...strength in numbers always...more hands working together...more minds thinking together...enabling to accomplish more and get a job done better...thanks for the support and hope maybe i can help others anyway i can if i can.

best always, 73, kevin;f ;f ;f ;f

TheGrinch
07-08-2004, 13:20
You don't know that Eddie C guy do you? He owes me money! ;f

Seriously, thanks for your generous offer.

What we really need is a net on 20m a couple times each month. That will give the VHF gang an incentive to upgrade, and give us all something fun to do with firearms and radios.

Grinch

Caretaker
07-08-2004, 13:44
Originally posted by TheGrinch
You don't know that Eddie C guy do you? He owes me money! ;f

Seriously, thanks for your generous offer.

What we really need is a net on 20m a couple times each month. That will give the VHF gang an incentive to upgrade, and give us all something fun to do with firearms and radios.

Grinch

Thanks for the post, i appreciate it.

As far as knowing or ever hearing about some guy names "EDDIE C."???? I never heard of him, nor would I ever admit to it in any public atmosphere. As far as him owning you money, well by now you would know better than to lend to that kind of person...LOL...truthfully, and sadly i have to admit to this.....we are brothers....Damn that hurt admitting to that!!!!...made my skin crawl.lol...just dont tell him i said that....

As far as handguns and hams? well as you may have seen my my SIG LINE on my posts that I am a repeater owner and many of the users iof the repeater we have own guns and we go shooting together...we call the "OUTINGS" we have together..."HAMS WITH HANDGUNS"

we have a good time and just something else to do together other than rag chewing on the radio and everything everyday as we do. If you go to our website for our system, we have pictures posted from one of our outtings at Blue Trail shooting Range in Connecticut...the pic enclosed is me doing my damage with a shotgun shooting at clay pigeons. My damage wasnt to the clay pigeons, but rather the damage i did to the cars with my lack of precision shooting to the parked cars around us...LOL

thanks again and 73 de N1KGM, kevinhttp://www.441700.com/pictures/MVC-004F.JPG

TheGrinch
07-13-2004, 07:44
You bet Kevin,

Eddie has spoken well of you around here. Glad to have you active and appreciate the offer of ham help on this forum. You are our official "Elmer", a position of lofty honor and prestige.

Best,

Grinch

KennyC
07-13-2004, 08:41
Just checking in here...

WB0E licensed since 1964 or so....

KAC

Caretaker
07-13-2004, 19:15
Originally posted by TheGrinch
You bet Kevin,

Eddie has spoken well of you around here. Glad to have you active and appreciate the offer of ham help on this forum. You are our official "Elmer", a position of lofty honor and prestige.

Best,

Grinch

Thanks so much for the kind words there Grinch. I do appreciate it. I really do enjoy bringing people into the hobby and leading the way for them. There is nothing like taking a person, male/female or child, and seeing them and getting to know them and then administer them an exam for licensing and to see there face when they see they passed and you hand them the CSCE Certificate of passing and that look in their eye and the smile on their face and watch as their chest raise high as they take that deep breath of relief after realizing what they have accomplished and how much they went through to do it. It is a special feeling to me and one i cherish alot. I get satisfaction from seeing the little kids do it and seeing women get into the hobby, which to some is seen as a male dominated hobby. I dont feel that way about the hobby. I feel that it mnay seem only male dominated only because women dont go out there and do it too..so i pucsh for the wives and girlfriends and daughters to go for their licenses when they come with their male counterpart. I help them find study materials and give them advice and encouragement. and then to see them comeback and acheive it and that look appears on their face when they do.....its priceless to me and very tough to describe, but all the more special.

Thank you again for your kind words and i do so appreciate it for i take alot of pride in what i do and the help i try to offer to others.

best wishes to you always.

73 de KEVIN N1KGM
;z :) ;f