any starters for young hams? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : any starters for young hams?

AWMP
06-27-2004, 04:48
I have been a ham for years and want to get my 11 yr old son started in it. Anyone know of any good programs or books to get his first license? Thanks 73s

Bob T
06-27-2004, 20:48
"Now Your Talking" is the main book for getting ones Tech ticket. My son passed his tech exam when he was 12 from mostly studying the book and asking me questions. If you have a local club the might have a class that would be helpful.

sensei
06-28-2004, 12:18
If you are down in the Houston area, My club teaches the course and gives the test.

Next test is set up for July 10.

Let me know if I can help.

sensei

Caretaker
06-28-2004, 19:43
Originally posted by AWMP
I have been a ham for years and want to get my 11 yr old son started in it. Anyone know of any good programs or books to get his first license? Thanks 73s

Go to www.w5yi.org and www.arrl.org and check them sites out for study materails and all. most study materials can be found at Radio Shacks in your neighborhood.

go to my website for im test center manager of the Connecticut Regional Testing Center and am licensed by the FCC to administer alicensed Exams for all levels of both FCC Commercial and Amateur Radio Licensing exams. at my website at: http://www.441700.com and on the main page, go look at left side at icons and click on links to get all manufacturers, dealers, for radio equiptment and antennas and all kinds of things yu need and use in amateur radio...also links to downloadable software for questions pools for all the levels of licensing for the Amateur radio licensing classes.

hope this info helps and if you have any questions please feel free to message me anytime or email me. best wishes and good luck
kevin N1KGM;f ;f