FunShoots & Matches Thread (Wet Season 2004) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FunShoots & Matches Thread (Wet Season 2004)

JuDGe
06-27-2004, 20:27
Varilla Cup Results (http://www.skyinet.net/~kf6zde/fob/RsltsRPVarillaCup.htm)

Congrats to all who joined! ;f

jasonub
06-27-2004, 21:23
sama ng standing ko:( back to practice again;Q

i slowed down and it cost a lot. hirap magbalace ng speed accuracy;g

tigra
06-27-2004, 22:22
to all BoGs who joined the Varilla Cup, CONGRATS!!!:)

doctabako
06-27-2004, 22:32
Great, considering that I was probably scored minor because I failed the chrono and the number of mikes I got due to carelessness, I'm happy with my result. Practice..practice...restraint:)

mc_oliver
06-27-2004, 22:32
Yaiks! Anybody notice yung majority ng na-DQ?...;Q

doctabako
06-27-2004, 23:22
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Yaiks! Anybody notice yung majority ng na-DQ?...;Q

They were really strict this time. What I liked most is the system wherein the shooter only submits his registration card and not the stage sheets, when going from stage to stage. Walang gaanong singitan, which is the reason why most were able to finish it in one day even with the huge turnout. Good job R.O.'s:)

Eye Cutter
06-28-2004, 03:13
yaiks! yung expected ko na 72%, naging 68% na lang pala!

I had major jams in all the long stages. ayaw mag-extract, nag-double feed tuloy...nena...

ang sekreto yata is you should see faster so you can shoot faster!

jasonub
06-28-2004, 05:59
here is a post that i made and posted at be site. i hope we all learn from this. do comment on what else you can add to help me and our fellow bogs in competition.

I got depressed due to my stupidity since i already know whats wrong but i still did it since i do not want to miss:(

Here is what happened. I shot a match and got to place 5th overall on standards. beating a known gm. Everything was so easy, i shot it well and placed 5th since i forgot to shoot a popper which was visible in one port. this port i did not bother to go to since i thought i could shoot all of the targets in another port.

anyway, the next match came up. i shot it with an expectation that i would win. i placed 17th overall :( I had 4 misses due to some brainfart on my part. the winner was the known gm that i previously beat.

So another major match came, i swore to myself not to do the same thing and shoot all a's. I programmed myself to shoot only a's though a charlie will be acceptable. I swore not to get a bullet to miss a target

The problem was that when i was making sure that i got only a's i slowed down a lot. I did not trust my sights anymore. I shot paper targets and see the holes on the target. It came to a point that i shot a target and before i left i needed to see the holes. :angry: This slowed me major time. my usual hit factors of 5.5 up seem to have dropped a lot. out of 10 stages i probably got a 2.98, and 4 x 3.5's, the others seem fine. 3x 5.5 and above.

Being engrossed in seeing the holes, i miked a swinger and a mover that i had to reingage at "if you are finished unload....."

What pisses me off is that the double movers seemed to move too fast for me to see my holes in the target. I only shot it once and nodded my head in dissapointment and ran to the end to shoot a couple of more targets before aiming on the now hidden double movers. good thing there was 2 inches showing on top of the classic amoeba targets that i shot at.

I got 2 c's and a c and d on those 2 targets that i had to shoot slowly since its already hidden.

a range officer commented "hey jason bakit pigil ang putok mo ngayon?(translated at be forums of course)" SAbi ko ayaw ko na mag miss

Now the lesson here for me is that

1 i have to trust my sights like i used to even if both sights and targets are blurred, shoot at the targets and leave immediately to the next shooting position. dont look at the target to see if you hit it. you already saw the sights lift off the a zone whey the hell are you still here looking for the holes :angry:

2. dont expect anything just shoot the stage as you see it.

3. trust your speed

Pls add your comments :)

doctabako
06-28-2004, 07:22
Originally posted by jasonub

Now the lesson here for me is that

1 i have to trust my sights like i used to even if both sights and targets are blurred, shoot at the targets and leave immediately to the next shooting position. dont look at the target to see if you hit it. you already saw the sights lift off the a zone whey the hell are you still here looking for the holes :angry:

2. dont expect anything just shoot the stage as you see it.

3. trust your speed

I think you pretty much nailed it. The Americans have a saying for it. "Don't fix what ain't broken".
Trying too hard puts undue pressure and tends to cramp your style Relax, let it flow, do what feels good for you ;f Have to tell myself that too;f

Allegra
06-28-2004, 08:13
4. When in doubt, shoot it again

9MX
06-28-2004, 08:58
Now the lesson here for me is that .....

which is why dreaming and achieving to be GM material ain't no walk in the park ;)

doctabako
06-28-2004, 10:52
Just wanted to show how creative the stage designs were at the Varilla Cup:) Again, sorry for the phone cam pic, I still don't have a digital camera ;f
http://www.hunt101.com/img/187973.jpg

Eye Cutter
06-28-2004, 16:38
docT: ikaw ba yan nasa pic? how can you improve on time here? going to the next port, keep the pistol high near your line of sight.

9MX
06-28-2004, 18:09
eyecutter/mc_o:

tyvm for the feedback! called up pbd yesterday re: ghost holster (w/pin). can't wait for next week's gunshow;z

mc_oliver
06-28-2004, 19:31
Originally posted by 9MX
eyecutter/mc_o:

tyvm for the feedback! called up pbd yesterday re: ghost holster (w/pin). can't wait for next week's gunshow;z
Dre, tanong mo si Rico kasi mey ghost yata sya. Baka gusto niya ibenta kasi balita ko dalawang beses na siya nahulugan ng baril. ;);f

jasonub
06-28-2004, 19:45
Originally posted by Allegra
4. When in doubt, shoot it again

yup, that caused me 2 mikes. i did not see the second shot lift of the swinger and since i cannot see the holes i left it.

i have to program my head to just shoot it again.:(

Saruman
06-28-2004, 19:46
kakainggit naman!! kelan ba ulit?? meron ba sa armscor using bolo COF??;f ;f

batangueno
06-28-2004, 19:47
Dre, tanong mo si Rico kasi mey ghost yata sya. Baka gusto niya ibenta kasi balita ko dalawang beses na siya nahulugan ng baril. ;);f ~1 lefty nga lang si 9MX

mc_oliver
06-28-2004, 20:08
Originally posted by batangueno
~1 lefty nga lang si 9MX
ay, oo nga pala. 'di ba reversible yun?

Saruman
06-28-2004, 20:10
ay, oo nga pala. 'di ba reversible yun?

pwede rin cross draw..;f ;f

doctabako
06-28-2004, 22:43
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
docT: ikaw ba yan nasa pic? how can you improve on time here? going to the next port, keep the pistol high near your line of sight.

Yup, that was taken by my wife. Actually, the picture was taken soon after I shot the board on the left, on the pic I'm seen snapping my head to acquire the next target(through the port) and the gun is on its way up to catch up with my line of sight(that's why the pistol appears more blurred) as I approach the port. Thanks for the advice. :)

9MX
06-28-2004, 23:20
Originally posted by Saruman
pwede rin cross draw..;f ;f

DQ yun ah!;a

Eye Cutter
06-28-2004, 23:50
docT: natural tendency kasi natin is to keep the pistol down when we change positions. para masanay ka to keep the pistol up, kunwari you're a bird flapping it's wings or masakit kulane mo sa kili-kili! ;f

pag more than 3 steps naman ang lipat ng position, bumitaw ka sa pistol and swing your arms while running.

same for mag changes, keep the pistol at least at the chin or chest level para malapit na pistol sa eyes.

Eye Cutter
06-28-2004, 23:52
DocT: ganda ng uniforms ninyo. pwede magpabili? or trade tayo ng isang PB uniform? hehehe

mc_oliver
06-29-2004, 00:13
docT, ganda pagkakuha ng wife mo yung pic ah. Kuhang-kuha yung "general feeling" ng stage kahit static pic. Galeng! ;)

doctabako
06-29-2004, 00:18
DocT: ganda ng uniforms ninyo. pwede magpabili? or trade tayo ng isang PB uniform? hehehe

;f ;f I'd give you one if they still made them. Our uniforms change so often but this one that we used in the last BOTGC is my favorite. The uniform for the Varilla cup didn't arrive in time.

Thanks a lot for the great tips. I will keep them in mind in future shoots.:)

doctabako
06-29-2004, 03:34
docT, ganda pagkakuha ng wife mo yung pic ah. Kuhang-kuha yung "general feeling" ng stage kahit static pic. Galeng! ;)

;f Thanks, I told her to get a lot of static pics but she just took this one. She instead took videos on her phone which are too small to view on the PC.
I think it would be a nice idea for the bogs to take pictures of the funshoots and matches they go to, so those who weren't able to go would get a general idea of what they missed or what those far away shooting ranges look like.:)

doctabako
06-30-2004, 00:51
Results of Varilla Cup by Classification are out at the PPSA website. A lot of Sandbaggers(those who got themselves classed much lower than their actual ability)can be seen, specially in Standard division.

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 03:26
Level 1 Match this weekend. Inaguration Match ng bagong open range called Laguna Lakers Firing Range.

The range is very nice with wide open space.... nestled between the Laguna de Bay Lake at Crocodile Lake ata yun!

3long stages and 1basic stage. No swingers or movers..... pure rat-ratan! ;I

Kaya hayun, first stage ko pa lang lumipad na yung front sight ng CZ ko! Huhuhuhu...... ;u

Buti na lang kasama ko yung president ng gunclub namin at ala McGuyver, eh nagawan ng paraan with an improvised sights. Wuold you believe a green plastic spoon and a paper clip! ^c

Will try to post a pic of my ultimate production gun later and one stage of the match!

Eyecutter, Batangueno, DocTabako, Jason puwede pa bukas! ;f

doctabako
07-03-2004, 04:23
JuDGe
Our club was invited to that Laguna Lakers shoot but sadly no one was available for it. How does one get to their range if your coming from the Sta. Rosa exit or Manila. I think they have another shoot on July 31- August 1. Thanks:)

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 05:36
DocT, just take the road to Pansol going to UP Los Banos.

Once you have passed Crystal Springs, you'll see a Jetti Gasoline Station. Second street after the Jetti Gas Station make a left (makikita nyo maraming trysikel na nakaparada). Just go straight ahead, it's quite a long and winding street na makipot. Di nga puwedeng magkasalubungan dalawang sasakyan once nandun na sa looban.

You won't miss the range.... mataas yung natural backstop nila. ;f

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 06:13
http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02513.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02527.jpg

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 06:41
http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02519.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02517.jpg

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 06:45
http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02506.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02514.jpg

9MX
07-03-2004, 07:25
siyet! daig ang fiber optics;z

9MX
07-03-2004, 07:31
siyet! daig ang fiber optics;z

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 07:34
http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02525.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02522.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02524.jpg

9MX
07-03-2004, 07:39
sarap dayuhin!

btw. Level 1 July 24 Armscor

Eye Cutter
07-03-2004, 07:52
judge: you just got bumped out to OPEN Division! Bawal yan. Gives you undue advantage over other competitors! Hehehehehe. Ganda ng Range.

;K

JuDGe
07-03-2004, 08:10
Isa lang ang napatunayan ko.... AYOS nga ang Green Front Sights! ;f

ogiebb
07-03-2004, 08:38
lupit ng range;P

doctabako
07-03-2004, 08:48
JuDGe, thanks for the directions:) Nice and scenic range, nicely photographed too. yan ang Backstop that can stop even a 105mm Howitzer round;f I love your front sight:) you should probably get that patented;f ;f

The coming months will be pretty busy for PPSA Area 5
July 3-4 ----------Laguna Lakers
July 10 -----------Banga
July 17-18 --------SOLCOM
July 24-25 --------SAFE
July 31-Aug 1------Laguna Lakers
Aug 7-8------------ 7 Lakes

August 14-15------- Creekside Firing Range Balayan, Batangas(I'm inviting all of you. Directions to follow. Hope to see you all there:) )

August 20-21-------LGC
August 28-29-------Batangas PPO
Sept 4-5 ----------Lipa Gun Club
Sept 12------------ROLAS
Sept 26------------ELDRIDGE

Happy Shooting;f

Eye Cutter
07-03-2004, 10:06
Originally posted by doctabako

[B]August 14-15------- Creekside Firing Range Balayan, Batangas(I'm inviting all of you. Directions to follow. Hope to see you all there:) )

Count in! Level 1 or Level 2?

doctabako
07-03-2004, 10:41
Count in! Level 1 or Level 2?

Thanks, nice to hear that :). Ka Diloy of PPSA Area 5 advised us to hold a Level 1 for the meantime although they will officiate(as they do in Batangas PPO circuit matches), to get a feel for it. Level 2 soon to follow. :)

Eye Cutter
07-03-2004, 18:23
DocT: you could add 1 or 2 extra stages as a funshoot and side event

doctabako
07-03-2004, 23:16
DocT: you could add 1 or 2 extra stages as a funshoot and side event

Will do, thanks:) We were even thinking of a funshoot stage with a rifle start for bonus points but they say the PNP guests may not approve;f

jasonub
07-04-2004, 06:21
JuDGe, thanks for the directions:) Nice and scenic range, nicely photographed too. yan ang Backstop that can stop even a 105mm Howitzer round;f I love your front sight:) you should probably get that patented;f ;f

The coming months will be pretty busy for PPSA Area 5
July 3-4 ----------Laguna Lakers
July 10 -----------Banga
July 17-18 --------SOLCOM
July 24-25 --------SAFE
July 31-Aug 1------Laguna Lakers
Aug 7-8------------ 7 Lakes

August 14-15------- Creekside Firing Range Balayan, Batangas(I'm inviting all of you. Directions to follow. Hope to see you all there:) )

August 20-21-------LGC
August 28-29-------Batangas PPO
Sept 4-5 ----------Lipa Gun Club
Sept 12------------ROLAS
Sept 26------------ELDRIDGE

Happy Shooting;f

dami pala, wgere us solcom and safe ranges? how do i get there from bicutan?

doctabako
07-04-2004, 08:06
dami pala, wgere us solcom and safe ranges? how do i get there from bicutan?

SOLCOM(Southern Luzon Command) firing range is in Camp Nakar, Lucena City. SAFE(Sariaya Association of Firearms Enthusiasts) is in Sariaya, Quezon. I also don't know how to get there:) Hope you can make it to our Level 1 shoot.:)

batangueno
07-04-2004, 20:24
JuDGe hindi mo nahalata galit na yang CZ mo sa 'yo.;f

Galing ng set-up dyan sa Laguna Lakers ah. Tapos ang dami pang matches sa south...makakuha na nga ng e-Pass...hehe;a

mg45
07-04-2004, 23:06
Shot my first match yesterday at the Laker Range. Made some mistakes (first time jitters)but had a great time. Now I'm hooked

mc_oliver
07-04-2004, 23:20
Originally posted by mg45
Shot my first match yesterday at the Laker Range. Made some mistakes (first time jitters)but had a great time. Now I'm hooked
You'll definitely make more mistakes after that. ;f Just remember to have fun. ;)

Eye Cutter
07-04-2004, 23:31
were you able to finish before the rains fell? or after?

mg45
07-05-2004, 00:38
Finished around 4:30PM. I was on deck on the last stage then it started to rain. Had to wait until it stopped.

JuDGe
07-05-2004, 02:48
JuDGe hindi mo nahalata galit na yang CZ mo sa 'yo.;f

Galing ng set-up dyan sa Laguna Lakers ah. Tapos ang dami pang matches sa south...makakuha na nga ng e-Pass...hehe;a

Mukha nga eh.... Makapag GLOCK na nga ulit! ;f

Naku, wala ng epass available sa slex.... yun nga transponder ko nasira na wala pamalit.... one and a half months na di pa din repaired... maski service unit wala! :(

jmy
07-05-2004, 03:42
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JuDGe
[B]Mukha nga eh.... Makapag GLOCK na nga ulit! ;f

Tamang tama.You see,ppts is selling his Glock 19 for only 15,000.00 Pesos.Naka Heinie Straight 8 Night sights pa.

jmy

kcboy
07-06-2004, 13:10
jmy,
mura namannyan...kinda interested. om me nalang

jmy
07-06-2004, 22:01
kcboy,

Just PM ppts.
THANKS.

jmy

Eye Cutter
07-06-2004, 22:42
Guys: Team PB is holding it's 2nd quarter funshoot at the MPSAI Range inside the Oreta Compaound in Maysilo, Malabon this SUNDAY July 11. 4 stages, min. 75 rds. Registration is only 300 pesos. There will also be training seminar/clinic for those new to the sport. Hope you can all come!

EDITED: SUNDAY, JULY 11 new schedule

jasonub
07-06-2004, 22:49
sayang ang layo lang ng malabon:(

ppts799
07-06-2004, 23:27
Originally posted by mg45
last stage then it started to rain. Had to wait until it stopped.
mc_oliver : sige na, kwento mo na yung rainy days mo with your glock:)

mc_oliver
07-07-2004, 03:08
Originally posted by ppts799
mc_oliver : sige na, kwento mo na yung rainy days mo with your glock:)
Hehe, yung nagta-tac load ka sa IPSC stage kasi baka mawala mag mo sa putik? Pati sapatos ko muntik na rin mawala sa putik. ;f

Ayoko na uli gawin yun, talo sa basyo. ;f

Eye Cutter
07-07-2004, 06:32
Mga Brothers: yung funshoot ng team PB sa MPSAI range will be SUNDAY, July 11 only, 4 Stages, Min. 75 rds. Only 300 pesos registration fee. With free training seminar for new ipsc shooters.

Awards

Open Top 3
Mod Top 3
Std Top 8
Prod Top 6

See you there!

Directions to MPSAI Firing Range:

Take EDSA to Monumento Circle. Then turn Right at McArthur Highway heading north. Make a Left at the island break of Potrero Elem. School and the Malabon Zoo. Go straight along Gov. Pascual Ave. past Marcelo Industries compound and the paper mill factory, the railway tracks, 7th Day Adventist church about 2-3 km until you get to the intersection with a stop light going to Malabon town proper, back to Sangandaan and Valenzuela. Landmarks here are the Badminton Center on the left, The Gas station (petron or caltex)on the left across the street, the Wet Market and Liwanag Candle factory on the right side. Make a Right going to Valenzuela and drive past the bridge another 1.5-2km until you see the Malabon Golf Driving Range on the left, another Petron Gas station, a Church and the Barangay Hall on the Right. The Oreta Compaound Gate is in front of the Barangay Hall. Enter the gate and it's a big garage for heavy equipment and the firing range is located at the back.

Hope everybody can attend!

doctabako
07-08-2004, 07:34
Finished making the final touches of our gun club's website and just thought of sharing it with you guys. You can also see how our range looks like as well as yours truly(sorry, no close-ups);f ;f The link is at my sig line. Comments on how to improve it would be most welcome.
:)

JuDGe
07-08-2004, 09:00
Beautiful Range DocT! ^c Will see you this August.... ;f

Cheers! ;Y

Eye Cutter
07-08-2004, 10:38
Doc: Very nice range!!! Why not hold a tree planting activity to coincide with your 1st club shoot. Participants and Gun Clubs can buy saplings that they will plant in the range! Ganda n'yan after a few years! ;K

doctabako
07-08-2004, 11:03
Thanks guys, hope to see you there in August. Nice idea about the tree planting Doc Eye Cutter as it does get hot at times even with the makeshift huts, though I would have to consult with the owner(he's in the photo album, a distant relative) :). The range used to be a sugar cane field only 3 years ago, hence the barren landscape. My range which I hardly use now is a few kilometers from this property and has a lot of trees and is indeed a lot cooler but also a lot smaller.

batangueno
07-11-2004, 23:42
Had a great time yesterday at MPSAI for the PBD Funshoot. Although my shooting was not good, the food was great. Tulingan, bicol express with tahong, at nilagang baboy....mmmm sarap. ^7

DocT, mukhang marami ng BOGs dadayo sa inyo sa Balayan, madami ng nagpaplano. :)

doctabako
07-12-2004, 03:09
Had a great time yesterday at MPSAI for the PBD Funshoot. Although my shooting was not good, the food was great. Tulingan, bicol express with tahong, at nilagang baboy....mmmm sarap. ^7

I was asking around about the MPSAI range as I was in town then and reviewing Doc Eye Cutter's directions but really thought I would get lost going there. Sayang, wala talaga akong alam diyan sa Northern part of Metro Manila(Dami pa namang MP diyan ;f) .

DocT, mukhang marami ng BOGs dadayo sa inyo sa Balayan, madami ng nagpaplano. :)

Great news, that would be fun. LAGPSG, LAGCOM, Lucena Gun club, Lipa Shooters Gun Club, BRPG, Batangas PPO, and some members of Club 1911 have already confirmed their attendance.:)

9MX
07-12-2004, 03:16

me too, had fun as usual;)

mc_oliver
07-12-2004, 06:25

Demet! Plain sucks when you're all ready to go only to have your better half find out you have a 39 degree fever...;Q

batangueno
07-12-2004, 20:53
Demet! Plain sucks when you're all ready to go only to have your better half find out you have a 39 degree fever...;Q
Dapat sinabi mo yung pagputok ang magpapagaling sa sakit mo. ;z

JuDGe
07-12-2004, 21:00
O kaya magpapa check-up ka kay EyeCutter! ;f

Btw, Congrats to EyeCutter! ;D Production Class C Champion last Bolo Cup!

PPSA RD Medal yan! ^c

batangueno
07-12-2004, 21:16
Congrats Doc. ^c

mc_oliver
07-12-2004, 21:43
Congrats Doc! 'Di ba Presidents medal yan?

doctabako
07-13-2004, 01:36
Congrats Doc!!;D

9MX
07-13-2004, 02:36
Eyecutter,

Binabati kita sa iyong tagumpay.

:cool:

kristiansen
07-13-2004, 17:42
congrats idol eyecutter!;c

ReccaH
07-13-2004, 18:10
Congrats Eyecutter! Saw your name sa PPSA bulletin board. Made me feel proud. ;a

v1ct0r
07-13-2004, 19:24
;W ;W ;W

^c

tigra
07-13-2004, 20:38
Congrats Doc Eyecuter! Paki post mo naman picture ng medal mo para masilayan namin.

Single Stacker
07-13-2004, 22:01
Congrats DOC Eyecutter, mag production na nga rin ako. Para paturo din kay Doc. Amoy blowout ah.

jasonub
07-14-2004, 00:38
congrats doc!:cool:

mc_oliver
07-14-2004, 03:12
Any matches this coming weekend?

jmy
07-14-2004, 03:17
Originally posted by JuDGe
O kaya magpapa check-up ka kay EyeCutter! ;f

Btw, Congrats to EyeCutter! ;D Production Class C Champion last Bolo Cup!

PPSA RD Medal yan! ^c

EyeCutter,
CONGRATULATIONS.

jmy

PS.I said this before and I'm saying it again,"It's Not The Gun,It's Doc Alvin".

deenoh
07-14-2004, 03:50
DocA,

Congrats!! ^c ^c ;D

Eye Cutter
07-14-2004, 05:51
Mga Brothers: Salamat sa pagbati!

My internet connection's been down since last week kaya hindi ako maka log-on.

heto yung medallion na nabigay sa akin! Thank you all!

;K

Eye Cutter
07-14-2004, 06:08
Here are the results of the Classifier Match we shot last Sunday at MPSAI.

OPEN:
1 Mar Galo (Gold Medal)
2 Joel Ngo (Silver)

MOD:
1 Jun Carandang (Gold)

STD:
1 Anthony Sy (Gold)
2 Chris Montermayor (Silver)
3 Robert Yao (Bronze)
4 Gerry Maximo (Bronze)
5 Oliver Goquingco (Bronze)
6 Ed Renosa (Bronze)
7 Arnel Camota (Bronze)
8 Bert Cueto (Bronze)
9 Henry Dy (Bronze)
10 Jojo Bauto (Bronze)
11 Sammy Munoz
12 Jansen Chua
13 Paul Ng
14 Jun Espejo
15 Jun Dizon
16 Manny Eugenio
17 Jun Angeles
18 Wally de Leon
19 Katsuyu Kiaraya
20 Bobby Brendia
21 Nonoy Acosta
22 Conrado Co
23 Ronald Chua
24 Paul Encarnacion
25 Rod Martin
26 Alex Rea
27 Abet Vicente
28 Michael Lontoc
29 Andy Magat

PROD:
1 Jun Gino (Waive)
2 Rommel Cabungcal (Gold)
3 Eduardo Yao (Waive)
4 Ernie Balburias (Silver)
5 Edgar Magdasoc (Waive)
6 Bobby Lopez (Bronze)
7 Alvin Agustin (Waive)
8 Joji San Jose (Bronze)
9 Carlo Verzo (Bronze)
10 Henry Chang (Bronze)
11 Louie Ramos (Bronze)
12 Mike Verzo
13 Rommel Nunez
14 Monaliza Brendia
15 Sonny Ramos
16 Mannix Moya
17 Leonardo Alvarez
18 Gerald Villamangca
19 Toots Sandoval
20 Anton Goquingco

Congratulations to the Winners! Medals are at PBD Range!

;K

doctabako
07-15-2004, 05:44
If you're looking for an event to shoot this weekend and you're not going to Surigao's Governors cup, I would like to invite all of you to a fun shoot at the Creekside Firing Range in Balayan, Batangas on Saturday, July 17, 2004. 4 stages, 100 rounds minimum, 350 php entry fee lunch included. Gun clubs under the Batangas Shooters Association will all be participating.

Directions:
Coming from Tagaytay, take the Highway going to Nasugbu. At the Palico, Nasugbu junction where the road forks, take the left(going right takes you to Nasugbu town proper). You will be passing the town of Tuy, keep right to bypass the town, at the boundary of Tuy and Balayan, Just BEFORE the bridge(There's a sign welcoming you to Balayan on this bridge), on your right you will see an elevated plain that looks like a truck depot up front, turn right at the entrance. If you pass the big Philsteel Plant you overshot the range and are heading towards the Balayan town proper. Back up and watch for the Boundary bridge again.
Balayan is 110 kilometers from Makati CBD and is a leisurely 2 1/2 hour drive( 1 hour 40 minutes on a fast clip);f

doctabako
07-19-2004, 10:33
One of the basic stages where we had to improvise on our last club shoot(moved July 18 due to the rains) as some of the bays were flooded. We called it "amphibious assault". There was no fault line and shooters could "attack" the distant targets if they were crazy enough :). The farthest target(hidden by the double stacked tires) was 40 meters;f
http://images.ofoto.com/photos716/2/33/32/87/22/0/22873233206_0_ALB.jpg
two of the "drier" stages.

http://images.ofoto.com/photos716/2/33/42/7/91/0/91074233206_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.ofoto.com/photos716/2/33/91/68/31/0/31689133206_0_ALB.jpg

batangueno
07-19-2004, 21:16
ANG PUTIK. I will definitely not drop my mags there. ;f

batangueno
07-20-2004, 01:48
Got this from homogenizer.

EPD Lev 1 Gen. Valenzuela Cup
July 24 - 25, ARMSCOR
2-med and 2-long CoF, 80 rounds

doctabako
07-20-2004, 04:19
ANG PUTIK. I will definitely not drop my mags there. ;f

Talo rin sa basyo on some of the stages:) We already did something about the drainage so there won't be a repeat. More pictures (http://crpci.tripod.com/id8.html) :)

9MX
07-20-2004, 05:48
so who is shooting at armscor and who will be at boni this weekend?sat or sun?

Eye Cutter
07-20-2004, 09:14
I'll join the armscor shoot this sunday. Kita-kits!

DocT: how come your previous post with the pictures won't show in my browser?

doctabako
07-20-2004, 09:41

DocT: how come your previous post with the pictures won't show in my browser?

Sorry, I don't know why, I can see them fine from my end. Maybe the server was down at the time, can you see them now?

9MX
07-20-2004, 11:29

Me, Homogenizer, and a friend will shoot this Saturday. Still in a flip flop stage as to the venue. Its Armscor vs. Boni

BOGS,

Haven't seen or been at the SPD range in Fort Boni. Are we better off at Armscor?

casmot
07-20-2004, 11:38
Originally posted by 9MX
Me, Homogenizer, and a friend will shoot this Saturday. Still in a flip flop stage as to the venue. Its Armscor vs. Boni

BOGS,

Haven't seen or been at the SPD range in Fort Boni. Are we better off at Armscor?

ARMSCOR

batangueno
07-20-2004, 20:23
DOn't know yet kung Saturday or Sunday, depende kung kailan makatakas.;f Pero sa Armscor na, malamang mas maganda CoFs doon.

9MX
07-20-2004, 22:41
at mas mura, P750.00 ang reg fee sa fort boni, with t-shirt. Details of Homogenizer's text:

July 24-25 PmA Class 84 Shootfest at SPD Range, Fort Bonifacio Level 1
80 rnds, PhP 750.00 reg fee plus:

T-shirt
and 65 rounds of precision shooting at PNSA marine firing range

9MX
07-20-2004, 22:51

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 08:44
dito na lang ako ulit. ang gulo na naman sa kabilang thread. hehehe.
so sino-sino maglalaro this weekend?

Sunday kami ni Casmot sa Armscor. Mc_O, tara na ng masubukan yang modified gun mo!

9MX
07-21-2004, 08:51
Saturday kami nina homogenizer-malamang armscor na din. mura e:cool:

casmot
07-21-2004, 09:53
Originally posted by 9MX
Saturday kami nina homogenizer-malamang armscor na din. mura e:cool:

Sunday na rin kayo pa mga CZ day tayo. :)

9MX
07-21-2004, 09:57
Originally posted by casmot
Sunday na rin kayo pa mga CZ day tayo. :)

Czar Casmot,

Wish I could but I gave my commitment to shoot with 3 buddies of mine;)

casmot
07-21-2004, 10:09
Originally posted by 9MX
Czar Casmot,

Wish I could but I gave my commitment to shoot with 3 buddies of mine;)

Bring them along...:)

9MX
07-21-2004, 10:10
Bring them along...:)

can't. one is shooting at SAFE on Sunday, the other 2 are lawmen and their day off is Saturday;Q

attyjpl
07-21-2004, 10:59
eye cutter,

bro, huli man at magaling, naihahabol din, kaya binabati kita! ;j

ako kaya, kelan ako makakatikim mg mga medalyang ganyan?

BTW, i posted this at czforum and would like to post it here as well:

do you BOGs regularly shoot every sunday at armscor? how much ba ang fee dun?

as soon as my missus hatches our first born (she's on the way--ANYTIME NA!), i intend to join you guys there together with missus!;f

JuDGe
07-21-2004, 17:42
9mx, i'll join up with you and Homogenizer this saturday at armscor... may family activity kami kasi on sunday eh. ;J

Eyecutter, Casmot, baka puwede na din kayo mag sabado para all-together-now na tayo! ;f

Attyjpl, congrats in advance to your first-born! ;Y

mc_oliver
07-21-2004, 18:02
Sunday kami ni Casmot sa Armscor. Mc_O, tara na ng masubukan yang modified gun mo!
Hehe, baka sunday din ako, doc. Kaso nasa smith pa yung baril, 'di ko muna pina surgery. Hopefully, makuha ko tom at mai-zero sa weekend.

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 18:15
pwede rin saturday. what time?

JuDGe
07-21-2004, 18:41
Morning around 8:30am! ;f

batangueno
07-21-2004, 19:57
Subukan ko rin sa sabado, kaya naman siguro yan ng halfday 'no...kung sa bagay level 3 nga kaya ng halfday. ;f

9MX
07-21-2004, 20:20
Subukan ko rin sa sabado, kaya naman siguro yan ng halfday 'no...kung sa bagay level 3 nga kaya ng halfday. ;f

sisingit lang ako, up na ang websense.

ang lufet mo talaga batangueno!

so its gonna be a bogs weekend this saturday;+ ~2 ^c

jmy, ppts

tara lets!;z

Eye Cutter
07-21-2004, 22:32

;f;f;f;f

wag na natin ulitin yun! nagkakaleche-leche putok natin... hehehe

see you guys saturday!

jundeleon
07-21-2004, 23:00
How much is the range fee at armscor for non-members?

Also, how much per reloaded ammo, 9mm and 45, lead and teflon?

deenoh
07-21-2004, 23:12
Originally posted by jundeleon

I dont think Armscor offers teflon.

9MX: Try ko dumaan ng Saturday sa Armscor. I wont compete, cheerer lang and have to get my PTT.

9MX
07-21-2004, 23:14

for non-members, range fee is P200. free if you're with a member
reloads 9mm(members) - P5.00 . major/std fmj sa iyo ang shells.

for the other calibers, you can give them a call at 9414265 and 9417328. they have fmj, fmj plated, and lead. but i don't think they have teflon. si true weight meron nun

mc_oliver
07-22-2004, 00:14

Pag ganyan'ng mey match, usually wala ng range fee. When asked sabihin mo you're with Armscor members. Gamit ka na rin ng BOG's for your reload needs para maka-discount. ;)

agentrod
07-22-2004, 01:09
Looks like fun this Sat, are you guys off to Armscor range in Marikina? Havent tried that range, ayo kasi sa San Pedro Laguna...

doctabako
07-22-2004, 03:44
Unported Hybrid barrels are now legal for USPSA Limited and Limited 10 as is the SVI Sight tracker system(front sight on the barrel). Does anyone know if they're also legal for IPSC Standard? Looks like a cool set-up to try:)

http://sviguns.com/photos/slantfront1_350_350.jpg

mc_oliver
07-22-2004, 04:37
Legal yan doc since the 14th ed ng rules. ;)

doctabako
07-22-2004, 05:43
Legal yan doc since the 14th ed ng rules. ;)

Nice, that would mean it would be easy to change from Modified to Standard through a simple barrel change( of course the sights are a different story).
Checked the BE forum(you were the latest poster), and most were still having mixed thoughts if it really makes a difference though. Thanks :)

9MX
07-22-2004, 08:26
Originally posted by agentrod
Looks like fun this Sat, are you guys off to Armscor range in Marikina? Havent tried that range, ayo kasi sa San Pedro Laguna...

join us!:)

casmot
07-22-2004, 09:08
Originally posted by deenoh
9MX: Try ko dumaan ng Saturday sa Armscor. I wont compete, cheerer lang and have to get my PTT.

Sali na. Just be sure to bring your keys to the gun locker in Armscor. ;f

9MX
07-22-2004, 09:16

casmot,

i totally forgot about that incident till now

;i ;i

doctabako
07-22-2004, 09:52
Our level 1 shoot is now posted on the PPSA website. Hope to see you all there. The match date is posted at August 14(Saturday)so I hope you come on that day, but we will also be there together with the R.O.'s on the next day to accomodate some shooters who aren't free on the 14th. :) I posted the directions to the firing range on our website. The link is on my Sig line:)

attyjpl
07-22-2004, 10:07
9mx, i'll join up with you and Homogenizer this saturday at armscor... may family activity kami kasi on sunday eh. ;J

Eyecutter, Casmot, baka puwede na din kayo mag sabado para all-together-now na tayo! ;f

Attyjpl, congrats in advance to your first-born! ;Y

thanks, your honor! ;f

all BOGs are invited sa binyagan :cool:

9MX
07-22-2004, 10:33

judge,

baka mapagkamalan kang si bobot mortiz cge ka...;f

kailangan natin ng pops fernandez;z

fish tayo;a

JuDGe
07-22-2004, 17:11
;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

Johnny Delgado 'to!.... Mas astig ang dating and a very versatile actor! ;j

Ikaw na bahala kung sinong Pops Fernandez ang puwede mong mahatak! ;N

See you satturday! ;I

Eye Cutter
07-22-2004, 17:30
sino merong video camera?

9MX
07-22-2004, 18:04
sino merong video camera?

si mc_O:cool:

deenoh
07-22-2004, 18:39

:( :( Bullseye ah! ;f ;f Don't worry Casmot, I have 3 different sets in 3 different places: in my car, keychain and range bag. Kung makalimutan ko pa, ewan ko na ;)

Eye Cutter
07-22-2004, 23:40
Upcoming Matches July and August

July

24-25 Quad Meet In Southern Tagalog Level 1
SAFE GC SAFE Firing Range

24-25 4th PMA Maharlika '84 Shootfest 2004 Level 1
MRPSC Southern Police District Firing Range,
Fort Bonifacio, Makati

24-25 General Valenzuela Cup Level I
TASHCI Armscor Shooting Range, Parang, City of Marikina

25 Batas Clubshoot Invitational Level I
BATAS Batas Firing Range, 304th PMG, Lamao, Limay, Bataan

Jul 30 - Aug 1 Gov. Victor E. Agbayani's Cup Level II
Dagupan PSA Pangasinan PPO Firing Range

Jul 31 - Aug 1 1st Integrated Bar Of The Philippines Level I
Laguna Lakers Calamba City

August

14 CRPCI's First PPSA Sanctioned Match Level I
Creekside RPCI CRPCI Firing Range, Munting Tubig, Balayan, Batangas

19-22 Cong. 'Theng' Mangudadatu Cup Standard National Championships Level III Marbel PSA
Marbel PSA Firing Range, Koronadal City

28 306th P. M. G. Group Director's Cup (Alex B. Sintin Invitational Shootfest) Level I Bustos PSC F. LB. Shooting Range, Brgy. Malamig, Bustos, Bulacan

Eye Cutter
07-22-2004, 23:42
Level 2 sa Dagupan next weekend! Road trip tayo? Picnic din with glck17!

Batangueno, Taurus? Judge? Ano, game?

JuDGe
07-22-2004, 23:55
Pass ako EyeCutter..... Might shoot at Calamba, saturday, 31july. ;f

Taurus
07-22-2004, 23:57
Bro,

I think the Agbayani Cup will be held in Lingayen, not in Dagupan City.

batangueno
07-23-2004, 00:23
Level 2 sa Dagupan next weekend! Road trip tayo? Picnic din with glck17!

Batangueno, Taurus? Judge? Ano, game?
Sama ako dyan. ^5

glck17
07-23-2004, 03:34
yes guys. the venue will be at the Pangasinan PNP Provincial Office Firing Range in Lingayen. (sort of Inaugural shoot).Dagupan Practical Shooting Association will be the Host Club.;)

Eye Cutter
07-23-2004, 04:00
Ok! batangueno, taurus, sino pa sasama?

glck17: can you give directions fastest route to the range?

Eye Cutter
07-23-2004, 04:04
August 14 CRPCI's First PPSA Sanctioned Match Level I
Creekside RPCI CRPCI Firing Range, Munting Tubig, Balayan, Batangas

docT: 1 day lang pa-shoot ninyo? saturday lang?

glck17
07-23-2004, 04:14
eyecutter: from tarlac-tarlac, take left turn to camiling, then camiling to mangatarem, bugallon, then lingayen na. just follow the Ipsc metric boards road signs.

;)

doctabako
07-23-2004, 05:13
docT: 1 day lang pa-shoot ninyo? saturday lang?

Posted as such but the original plan was that we will be there up to the 15th according to the NROI to accomodate shooters who can't make it on Saturday.
There's presently confusion and finger pointing as to why our club secretary just submitted that date, we're discussing if we're going to have it corrected. Some members are worried of the increased cost of accomodating the R.O.'s overnight so it'll most probably be a one day shoot. It will definitely push through(just don't know about the weather though). Will just post if there are any changes.:)

doctabako
07-23-2004, 23:48
Update: Our shoot will be a two day affair. Aug. 14-15. We're trying to have the PPSA website posting corrected. Thanks:)

Eye Cutter
07-24-2004, 08:52
nice shooting with mc_oliver, batangueno, judge, 9mx and casmot today!

meron tayong bagong boy bakal! tinitira mga poppers out to 25 meters! Asteeg!

tsaka dami naming pinagtsimisan... sorry na lang mga hindi nakapunta! hehehe!!! wala bang nabilaukan? ;f

Next weekend sa Lingayen naman! then Picnic sa Balayan kina DocT!

9MX
07-24-2004, 10:28
nice shooting with mc_oliver, batangueno, judge, 9mx and casmot today!

meron tayong bagong boy bakal! tinitira mga poppers out to 25 meters! Asteeg!

tsaka dami naming pinagtsimisan... sorry na lang mga hindi nakapunta! hehehe!!! wala bang nabilaukan? ;f

Next weekend sa Lingayen naman! then Picnic sa Balayan kina DocT!

uy nabuyo ako ng bagong bakal boy na yan! binulungan ako sa stage 4. sinunod ko naman, success!!!! ganoon pala yun, hitting poppers far out boosts one's confidence. makes me wanna do it again;f

casmot
07-24-2004, 10:35
Had a great time shooting today at Armscor with fellow BoGs. However, no glocks were present. 3 CZs, 1 Para, 1 LDA and 1 standard/open gun. Also lots of policemen...

casmot
07-24-2004, 10:38
Originally posted by 9MX
uy nabuyo ako ng bagong bakal boy na yan! binulungan ako sa stage 4. sinunod ko naman, success!!!! ganoon pala yun, hitting poppers far out boosts one's confidence. makes me wanna do it again;f ^c ;f

9MX
07-24-2004, 10:47
Had a great time shooting today at Armscor with fellow BoGs. However, no glocks were present. 3 CZs, 1 Para, 1 LDA and 1 standard/open gun. Also lots of policemen...

wrong! judge had a glock.....sign on his newly minted bog patch;z

puwede na yun;a

JuDGe
07-24-2004, 15:22
Used a HP iron-on shirt transfer paper. Doesn't look that good anymore after washing. Kaya mas maganda pa din kung rubberized or silkscreen printing talaga! ;f

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02537.jpg

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02540.jpg

Also posted this at the BOG Patch thread ;f

JuDGe
07-24-2004, 15:33
Nice shooting with you guys yesterday! ;f ..... Nakakapagod (maghintay) 'no?! ;J

Casmot is the newly crowned BoyBakal! Mukhang hiyang na hiyang ka na talaga dyan sa CZ mo ah! ;f ;f ;f

Eye Cutter
07-24-2004, 17:01
mc_o: patabasan mo pa ng konti yung slide racker mo, yung nga sumasayad sa c-more

mc_oliver
07-25-2004, 02:47
mc_o: patabasan mo pa ng konti yung slide racker mo, yung nga sumasayad sa c-more
Oo nga eh, kainis! Kelan uli next match para makapag-test na naman ng setup? ;f;f

Casmot "The popper dropper", pinahiya mo kami'ng lahat na naka-dot ser. :)

Eye Cutter
07-25-2004, 03:36
Oo nga eh, kainis! Kelan uli next match para makapag-test na naman ng setup?

punta tayo kina DocT sa August 14 or 15!

doctabako
07-25-2004, 04:13
Aasahan ko yan!!;f

casmot
07-25-2004, 09:46
Casmot "The popper dropper", pinahiya mo kami'ng lahat na naka-dot ser. :)

Magaling ang nagtuturo e. Shooting with the masters like eyecutter, mc_oliver, judge and batangueno is very inspiring.

batangueno
07-25-2004, 21:16
Magaling ang nagtuturo e. Shooting with the masters like eyecutter, mc_oliver, judge and batangueno is very inspiring.
Ikaw ang idol ko^c. Si Doc at JuDGe, nakapugo na naman siguro ang mga 'yan. ;f

mc_oliver
07-25-2004, 23:32
Si Doc at JuDGe, nakapugo na naman siguro ang mga 'yan. ;f
Oo nga. Seryoso'ng kino-compute yung hit factors. Nagti-tailor pa yata ng performance based sa results. ;)

glck17
07-25-2004, 23:38
for your info: Gov. Cup level 2 match hosted by the DPSA set on July 30-Aug. 01 is postponed to a later date due to bad weather which affected the stage setup process.:(

batangueno
07-25-2004, 23:50
Originally posted by glck17
for your info: Gov. Cup level 2 match hosted by the DPSA set on July 30-Aug. 01 is postponed to a later date due to bad weather which affected the stage setup process.:(
Pano na 'yan...anong gagawin ko sa weekend...hehe;f

doctabako
07-26-2004, 00:10
Originally posted by glck17

This is precisely what we pray won't happen to our level 1 shoot. Although we've improved the drainage of the shooting bays and they don't flood anymore, interruptions due to strong rains and winds just isn't fun:( Its been raining(from light drizzles to strong downpours) in the afternoon specially on weekends at our end since the start of July. Great for the sugarcane, bad for shooters:)

Maybe we should start offering some eggs to the monastery;f Nah, I don't believe that, I've seen far too many garden receptions ruined because of blind faith in that belief.

Hope the DPSA can schedule their shoot soon(not on the 14-15th I hope;f) My wife is a Cruz from Lingayen and we would've wanted to go there if not for our work( she's a dermatologist). Hope our shoot doesn't get rained out too. :)

Eye Cutter
07-26-2004, 06:45
there's a level 1 match at the new range in laguna this weekend. dun na lang tayo?!

I think the Level 2 in Lingayen will be in September

casmot
07-26-2004, 10:00
Does any one have the results of the shoot last weekend? Paki post naman.:)

jasonub
07-26-2004, 19:49
there's a level 1 match at the new range in laguna this weekend. dun na lang tayo?!

I think the Level 2 in Lingayen will be in September

how do we get to the laguna lakers range? how many hours drive time from calamba exit?

JuDGe
07-26-2004, 23:12
Around 20mins siguro ;f

QUOTE]Originally posted by JuDGe
DocT, just take the road to Pansol going to UP Los Banos.

Once you have passed Crystal Springs, you'll see a Jetti Gasoline Station. Second street after the Jetti Gas Station make a left (makikita nyo maraming trysikel na nakaparada). Just go straight ahead, it's quite a long and winding street na makipot. Di nga puwedeng magkasalubungan dalawang sasakyan once nandun na sa looban.

You won't miss the range.... mataas yung natural backstop nila. ;f [/QUOTE]

julianz
07-29-2004, 03:54
Upcoming Matches August

28 306th P. M. G. Group Director's Cup (Alex B. Sintin Invitational Shootfest) Level I Bustos PSC F. LB. Shooting Range, Brgy. Malamig, Bustos, Bulacan

I will surely miss this day , dito na ko sa mid east but my wife will be the First aide Medical Officer..Pagnakakita kayo ng cute na cute na mukhang bata na naka white coat yun ang asawa ko imaginine nyo na lang tumaas lang ako ng 6 inches.

Eye Cutter
07-30-2004, 09:18
so who is shooting the level 1 match at the laker's range in calamba this sunday?

batangueno, casmot? kita tayo sa pb range 7 am?
mc_o, ano pwede ka ulit?

Eye Cutter
07-31-2004, 08:31
Originally posted by julianz
I will surely miss this day , dito na ko sa mid east but my wife will be the First aide Medical Officer..Pagnakakita kayo ng cute na cute na mukhang bata na naka white coat yun ang asawa ko imaginine nyo na lang tumaas lang ako ng 6 inches.

Hindi kaya si Gerry "Bunso" Maximo yang tinutukoy mo na cute na cute na member ng BPSC julianz? ;f;f;f

julianz
07-31-2004, 09:48
Hindi kaya si Gerry "Bunso" Maximo yang tinutukoy mo na cute na cute na member ng BPSC julianz? ;f;f;f

Doc Alvin mas maliit pa ko kay Gerry Maximo mas malapad nga lang katawan ko pero mukhang bata sakin si Gerry...San kaya team sasali si Gerry sa A.B Sintin Invitational sa BPSC or sa PB team ?;f ;f ;f

JuDGe
07-31-2004, 15:50
so who is shooting the level 1 match at the laker's range in calamba this sunday?

Ang lalapit nga ng mga target boards..... super lalayo naman ng mga hinayupak na square plates! ;I :( :( :(

batangueno
08-01-2004, 00:38
Sayang hindi ako nakasama sa Laguna Lakers. Maganda ba stages, ok lang inggitin nyo ko, imaginin ko na lang...hehe ;f

Bawi na lang ulit ako sa Balayan at sa Bustos. :)

Eye Cutter
08-01-2004, 04:54
first time lang sko napunta sa laguna lakers range. ganda ng natural back stop!

the long course with the square plates out to 30 meters, should have had poppers and not plates. ang layo masyado! daming nanggigil and nagtagal tuloy. dapat na diskarte dun, iniwan na plates pag hindi tinatamaan, mas mataas pa hit factor!

Next shoot will be at DocTabako August 14-15. Atty. Taurus and I will be going on August 15. Sino sino pa sasama? Dapat kumpleto BoGs dun! Picnic!!!

casmot
08-01-2004, 08:38
Next shoot will be at DocTabako August 14-15. Atty. Taurus and I will be going on August 15. Sino sino pa sasama? Dapat kumpleto BoGs dun! Picnic!!!

Me...Me... sama ako!!! ^5 ^5 ^5 Sayang hindi rin ako nakasama sa laguna lakers. :drool: :drool: :drool:

9MX
08-01-2004, 08:41
first time lang sko napunta sa laguna lakers range. ganda ng natural back stop!

the long course with the square plates out to 30 meters, should have had poppers and not plates. ang layo masyado! daming nanggigil and nagtagal tuloy. dapat na diskarte dun, iniwan na plates pag hindi tinatamaan, mas mataas pa hit factor!

ako din sama ako!;z

singlestacker,

aug. 15 na lang tayo.:cool:

9MX
08-01-2004, 09:07
Me...Me... sama ako!!! ^5 ^5 ^5 Sayang hindi rin ako nakasama sa laguna lakers. :drool: :drool: :drool:

casmot,

ginigiyang ka na ba? ;g

ako din;f

9MX
08-03-2004, 08:43
Standard Div - 91 Shooters
No. 41 49.43% 208.4881 Batangueno
No. 55 35.74% 150.8339 Singlestacker

Production Div. - 66 Shooters
No. 4 77.54% 323.6901 Eyecutter - Congrats!
No. 7 75.22% 314.0263 Judge - Boy Bakal
No. 15 47.85% 199.7371 Casmot - Bakal Boy
No. 17 43.27% 180.6533 9MX - Nagbebenta ng bakal

Open Division - 10 shooters

No. 8 64.33% 286.9487 Mc_O

See u at the matches!

Eye Cutter
08-03-2004, 09:26
thank you for posting the results! ang ganda rin pala ng placing ni Judge! 66 entries sa PD. Dumadami na kami talaga!!!

Mc_O: napa-ayos mo na ba pistol mo for August 15?

DocT: ano gusto mo dalhin namin for the picnic?

doctabako
08-03-2004, 10:30
Doc Eye Cutter,
The entry fee includes lunch, but its up to you:)
Advise to participants... Practice your long shots and build up your stamina,the course designer incorporated a lot of running(we have long bays). There will be swingers...running men etc. etc..I just pray that it won't rain much on those dates.:)

9MX
08-03-2004, 10:40
Doc Eye Cutter,
The entry fee includes lunch, but its up to you:)
Advise to participants... Practice your long shots and build up your stamina,the course designer incorporated a lot of running(we have long bays). There will be swingers...running men etc. etc..I just pray that it won't rain much on those dates.:)

how long is the long shot doc t?

9MX
08-03-2004, 10:42
thank you for posting the results! ang ganda rin pala ng placing ni Judge! 66 entries sa PD. Dumadami na kami talaga!!!

lilipat na ako sa revolver division, mas malaki tsansa ko mag top ten, kahit top 5;f

doctabako
08-03-2004, 11:01
Originally posted by 9MX
how long is the long shot doc t?

25-30 meters classic boards and poppers. :)

Eye Cutter
08-03-2004, 17:06

walang problema yun, wag lang square or round plates out to that distance gaya ng sa laker's match last week

JuDGe
08-03-2004, 17:25
...wag lang square or round plates out to that distance gaya ng sa laker's match last week ;I :(

Sa susunod talaga di ko na papangarapin pang itumba yung ganung plates at that distance.... will deliberately miss it and gun for the boards na lang. Saved on time and and ammo at mas angat pa ang HF! ;f

batangueno
08-03-2004, 19:59
Kamote na naman aabutin ko nito...hehe;f

mc_oliver
08-03-2004, 20:33
Originally posted by 9MX

Open Division - 10 shooters

No. 8 64.33% 286.9487 Mc_O

Yehey, nakapasok ako sa top 10! Woohoo! ;f ;f ;z

Mc_O: napa-ayos mo na ba pistol mo for August 15?
So far 'di na nagja-jam, pero konti pa lang na test fire ko. Try ko uli i-test this coming weekend. Gusto ko linisin yung ejection pattern, kasi tumatama sa ilalim ng scope. Btw, doc, kung makasilip ka ng naka cmore sa team pb, pa-note naman ng itsura nung dot nila. Yung sa akin kasi, ring eh, butas yung gitna. Max palagi setting ko sa intensity pag outdoor, aksaya sa batt. Thanks.

Eye Cutter
08-03-2004, 22:38
mc_o: yung cmore ni alan p. and myk p. are longish dots, para din sa oko. nagpabili pala si alan kay matthew cay ng 12 moa module when he left for the US last summer. mas malaki dot ng 12 moa so easier to see.

hindi ko pa rin makita yung cmore ko!!!!

doctabako
08-04-2004, 07:27
walang problema yun, wag lang square or round plates out to that distance gaya ng sa laker's match last week

Some of my club mates also attended that shoot,nice range and props according to them, they say the drawback to that range is that its hard to go there due to the roads.
Some plates at 17-20 meters are also included in the design, do you think we should remove it or bring them nearer?

Eye Cutter
08-04-2004, 07:56
well, it really separates the wannabes from the big boys, but for crying out loud, why use standard 6 inch and 8 inch plates out to 20 meters when shooting those 8 inchers at 11 meters (the minimum safe distance for steel) is hard enough as it is! tumatagal lang tuloy ang stage. and yung iba pinuputukan na lang kahit di tumumba kesa magtagal pa!

it would be better to use full size pepper poppers if you want to continue with the course design with long shots instead. the challenge level is still very high but doable.

unless you want to challenge our reigning Boy Bakals, Judge and Casmot! ;f

Eye Cutter
08-04-2004, 07:57
The best courses are always those with paper and steel, not necessarily with movers. Iba challenge factor when steel is involved. Saka walang challenge pag puro papel, di ba? pure rat-ratan lang!

Plus, I love long courses which are broken down to 17-15, 18-14, 16-16, etc., which forces the competitor to risk it or to play it safe.

Ilan pala minimum no. of rounds needed?

doctabako
08-04-2004, 08:42
I'm not designing it, but I could make suggestions. Yes, its no fun shooting at stages with only boards so we always add swingers and movers to provide a middle ground for both the seasoned and novice shooters. Long shots with plates are always requested to provide the open and modified shooters some challenge, so we try to add a few while providing a balance for the standard and production shooters. We've also added shooting from barricades, low port holes( don't worry, no prone position), shooting from awkward positions to make it worth it for the participants.
On the course design we submitted to PPSA its 87 rounds minimum for the 4 stages plus around 12-16 rounds for the bonus funshoot stage(which we're still finalizing) so its about 100 rounds minimum. Since there will be a fair share of steel, novice shooters are of course advised to bring double the minimum( but all of you esteemed brothers already know that and mostly don't need the info ;f ) See you guys.:)

Eye Cutter
08-04-2004, 09:33

On the course design we submitted to PPSA its 87 rounds minimum for the 4 stages plus around 12-16 rounds for the bonus funshoot stage(which we're still finalizing) so its about 100 rounds minimum. Since there will be a fair share of steel, novice shooters are of course advised to bring double the minimum( but all of you esteemed brothers already know that and mostly don't need the info ;f ) See you guys.:)

Yes! not so for our boy bakals! during the last match at armscor, the EPD Cup, casmot and JuDGe used up less than 100 rds on a 92-93 rd minimum CoF! Hanep!!! Astig talaga!!!

Eye Cutter
08-04-2004, 17:59
Matt Burkett's Online Dry Fire Drills (http://burkettvideo.com/)

then click on the left frame "Online Dryfire Training"

enjoy!

Eye Cutter
08-04-2004, 18:09
great training tool! even those without timers can practice. just don't shoot your monitors, ok? ;f

mc_oliver
08-04-2004, 18:42
One idea for the plates is to make it an option, either engage it from the 20m line or run up to it close. Either way will benefit the accurate shooters and the fast runners without necessarily penalizing either one by requiring them to hit it from one fixed distance. ;)

jasonub
08-04-2004, 19:47
Some of my club mates also attended that shoot,nice range and props according to them, they say the drawback to that range is that its hard to go there due to the roads.
Some plates at 17-20 meters are also included in the design, do you think we should remove it or bring them nearer?

move it to 40 to 50 meters:cool: it will teach shooters visual patience and feeling the shot off

9MX
08-04-2004, 19:58
move it to 40 to 50 meters:cool: it will teach shooters visual patience and feeling the shot off

easssy!:cool lang ang ibig kong sabihin. levl 1 lang naman e;)

jasonub
08-05-2004, 00:38
level 1 match aug 8 pnpa.

9MX
08-08-2004, 09:18
Doc T,

P500.00 ba ang registration fee?:)

doctabako
08-08-2004, 09:34
Its P600 inclusive of lunch, sorry. It was supposed to be P550 w/o lunch but they decided to include it. The stages will be challenging, we're just worried about the rains. Hope there won't be a storm next week.:)

9MX
08-08-2004, 09:37
Its P600 inclusive of lunch, sorry. It was supposed to be P550 w/o lunch but they decided to include it. The stages will be challenging, we're just worried about the rains. Hope there won't be a storm next week.:)

thanks! now i know how much ang kukupitin ko;f

Eye Cutter
08-08-2004, 17:20
Sino-sino sama sa Balayan next weekend? Sino magdadala ng car?

Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car

JuDGe
08-08-2004, 17:31

Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car
3. JuDGe
4. Tigra
5. Team CPPSA ;f

batangueno
08-08-2004, 20:58

Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car
3. JuDGe
4. Tigra
5. Team CPPSA
6. batangueno

casmot
08-09-2004, 10:13

Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car
3. JuDGe
4. Tigra
5. Team CPPSA
6. batangueno
7. casmot

Judge: Road trip mo yun bagong van mo.;f

9MX
08-09-2004, 10:16
Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car
3. JuDGe
4. Tigra
5. Team CPPSA
6. batangueno - kaliwete
7. casmot - left handed
8. 9MX - southpaw (will bring a car)

singlestacker,

i'll be bringing a car dahil may appointment ako sa festival mall in the afternoon

mc_oliver
08-09-2004, 20:40
For those interested in IDPA:

Armscor IDPA Classifier Match
Aug 15, Sunday @ Armscor range.
3 Classifier stages, 90 rounds with chrono
Awards: IDPA Brass buckle
Reg fee: P500

Eye Cutter
08-09-2004, 22:21
mc_o: di ka ba sasama sa Balayan?

mc_oliver
08-09-2004, 22:27
New load ang gagamitin ko pala doc. Baka mapahiya na naman tayo kay docT. Kung makuha ko kay Jojo yung ammo at makapag-test bago weekend sama ako. :)

Paging Judge,...hehe ;f

Eye Cutter
08-09-2004, 22:29
Maybe we should start a new thread and sticky it so old and new BoGs are familiar with proper range etiquette and gun handling.

Sino gusto mag-umpisa?

JuDGe
08-10-2004, 01:08
Paging Judge,...hehe ;f

Pasensiya na Oliver... really haven't had the chance to bring your reloads to my shop over the past days.... TOXIC ;P sa work ako ngayon, meron kaming technical problem na di ma-resolve. Gusto ko na nga mag-resign eh!..... hehehe! ;f

Di din nga ako makapag-relaod para sa sarili ko (kawawa naman talaga ako!;Q ). Anyway, kung magagawi ka ng Paranaque or Makati na lang kaya tayo mag-meet during lunch break??? Text me na lang, THANKS!

mc_oliver
08-10-2004, 01:21
Pasensiya na Oliver... really haven't had the chance to bring your reloads to my shop over the past days.... TOXIC ;P sa work ako ngayon, meron kaming technical problem na di ma-resolve. Gusto ko na nga mag-resign eh!..... hehehe! ;f

Di din nga ako makapag-relaod para sa sarili ko (kawawa naman talaga ako!;Q ). Anyway, kung magagawi ka ng Paranaque or Makati na lang kaya tayo mag-meet during lunch break??? Text me na lang, THANKS!
Sure no prob. Sagad din sched ko sa work. Kaya pagdating ng bahay hipo agad sa baril pang tanggal ng pagod at asar. Sabi ko sayo ako muna maglo-load para sayo eh...hehehe ;f

Btw, check your PM.

Eye Cutter
08-10-2004, 07:35
Those who are not into IPSC and would like to practice with their carry firearms using "realistic" and "real life" scenarios, go attend and try the ARMSCOR IDPA match this weekend! I assure you that you'll get hooked! ;f

Armscor IDPA Classifier Match
Aug 15, Sunday @ Armscor range.
3 Classifier stages, 90 rounds with chrono
Awards: IDPA Brass buckle
Reg fee: P500

casmot
08-10-2004, 10:28
Originally posted by 9MX
Aug. 14 Saturday

Aug.15 Sunday
1. Team PB
2. Eye Cutter - car
3. JuDGe
4. Tigra
5. Team CPPSA
6. batangueno - kaliwete
7. casmot - left handed
8. 9MX - southpaw (will bring a car)

So ano plano? What time do we leave? Convoy or doon na lang magkita? Eye Cutter: As usual, sabay ako sa iyo. :)

9MX
08-10-2004, 10:47
So ano plano? What time do we leave? Convoy or doon na lang magkita? Eye Cutter: As usual, sabay ako sa iyo. :)

convoy! can we meet up at the petron stn b4 sta. rosa?

Eye Cutter
08-10-2004, 18:02
let's meet at PB range 530am para maka take-off ng 6am. then let's meet by 7am at tne petron station along slex

sino pa magdadala ng car? batangueno?

batangueno
08-10-2004, 21:00
Puede na lang sumabay sa 'yo Doc? Sa susunod na lang ako magdadala. :)

Eye Cutter
08-10-2004, 23:15
Ok, no problem.

si saruman nag beg-off na sa balayan

doctabako
08-11-2004, 05:52
We're ready guys. Have a safe trip, see you on Sunday.:)

one_eye_kirat
08-11-2004, 06:16
We're ready guys. Have a safe trip, see you on Sunday.:)

Malabon shooters will try to be there for added support.

doctabako
08-11-2004, 06:31
Originally posted by one_eye_kirat
Malabon shooters will try to be there for added support.

Eye Cutter
08-11-2004, 09:22
docT: do you have a copy of the CoF? how many awards per division? they're asking about the details back at pb

9MX
08-11-2004, 09:34
let's meet at PB range 530am para maka take-off ng 6am. then let's meet by 7am at tne petron station along slex

c u at petron 7am;z

singlestacker are you joining?

Eye Cutter
08-11-2004, 09:35
the PBD gunclub has extra blue guards deployed bec. of an incident yesterday morning wherein a group of 5 men came in and seemed to be casing the establishment out. they went inside the range, looked around, did not speak with anyone and left. this rattled the staff that prompted the posting of extra security personnel.

:(

doctabako
08-11-2004, 10:13
docT: do you have a copy of the CoF? how many awards per division? they're asking about the details back at pb

Aggregate awards

Open - 2
Standard - 6
Modified - 2
Revolver - 1
Production - 3

Junior - 1
Lady - 1
Senior - 1 each for Std and Prod
LEO - 2 each for Std and Prod
R.O. - 1 each for Std and Prod
Loc. Gov't - 1 each for Std and Prod

As for the COF's this was what we submitted, but there have been a few tweaks here and there. Sorry but our club secretary only knew how to do this in powerpoint so I just saved it in JPEG format(it'll take a while to load), but you will get the general idea;f

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/Stage1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/Stage2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/Stage3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/Stage4.jpg

Eye Cutter
08-11-2004, 17:31
thanks docT!

doctabako
08-12-2004, 10:30
Inaugural shoot
It has been raining(mostly drizzles) here every late afternoon with a break this day and the firing range's parking lot is a bit muddy due to the rains but the bays are relatively dry due to the drainage and the beach sand put in. We've discussed if we would postpone the shoot but the consensus of the club and members of the Batangas Shooters Association is that they wanted it to push through rain or shine.
Since you're all coming on Sunday, I'll be taking a picture of the grounds on Saturday and post accordingly. I don't want you to regret coming here. :)

Eye Cutter
08-12-2004, 17:02
don't forget to bring cameras and video cams!

casmot
08-13-2004, 03:03
For sunday: Rain, rain, go away, come again another day, little casmot wants to play!!!;f

doctabako
08-13-2004, 04:35
For sunday: Rain, rain, go away, come again another day, little casmot wants to play!!!

;f We probably should draw a big smiling sun on the ground, like what I used to do when I was small ;f

The Area 5 PPSA coordinator went to the range today and tweaked the stage designs. He noted that what we did on some stages were too hard for the average shooter and would only take time and be a waste of bullets to some. Some plates have been removed and some boards were brought closer to streamline the designs. It'll be a little bit faster but still challenging. See you. :)

9MX
08-13-2004, 04:53
page 10 na. new thread created!:)

Eye Cutter
08-13-2004, 05:59
The Area 5 PPSA coordinator went to the range today and tweaked the stage designs. He noted that what we did on some stages were too hard for the average shooter and would only take time and be a waste of bullets to some. Some plates have been removed and some boards were brought closer to streamline the designs. It'll be a little bit faster but still challenging. See you. :)

Bakit? wala ba silang bilib sa mga bakal boys ng BoG? hehehe...

Mag-offer na kayong lahat ng itlog kay Sta. Clara!

Rain or shine, tuloy ang ligaya!!! see y'all Sunday!!!

julianz
08-13-2004, 11:01
good luck to BOG's~2 ~2 post some pics.

doctabako
08-14-2004, 04:48
Didn't rain in today's shoot. Club 1911, BRPG,LAGCOM,Batangas PPO, BSCI, Seven lakes and others were in attendance. Slight problem with the R.O.'s schedule but problem has been solved. See you tomorrow.:)
Entrance fee has been lowered to P500 without lunch. But lunch is still available at the clubhouse at 50 pesos per/lunch pack. Go figure;f

Eye Cutter
01-26-2006, 03:21
bump up ko lang for horge, who is looking for match pictures!
;d