How in the hell... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How in the hell...

BillCola
06-30-2004, 14:34
...does one remove a damaged shoe from a Nikon SB-28 Speedlight????

An obscure question, but I've come to find out that these things have a history, so I'm just trolling.

The next thing I am ready to try, dynamite, might bring diminishing returns.

Thanks. No hard feelings if no one knows. :) :)

CheesyD
06-30-2004, 18:19
Beats me. I'd be willing to bet someone at this site knows though...

www.nikonians.org

T. Harless
07-08-2004, 21:53
Four little screws and a pullout connection when you get it apart. I can't find the phone number off hand but I've ordered the shoe parts from Nikon Parts for about $12. I've busted and fixed 2 SB28 mounts. The third I just superglued back together. Are you NPS?

Todd

BillCola
07-20-2004, 00:10
Todd: THANK YOU!!!!

It is finished. I had purchased the new shoe over a month ago, and it's benn sitting on my desk. It wasn't the least bit obvious to me how to install it, and web searches have been fruitless. In the meantime, I had forgotten that I had posted this question here.

The only thing you left out was how easy it was, and how ham-fistedness is a great asset to the operator. ;g ;f It is now very obvious to me why you super-glued the third one.

In light of Nikon's general excellence, this is a hopelessly weak link, as I already know it will break again within a year. Certainly a job for titanium, or somesuch.

You have my eternal gratitude, sir. :cool:

Bill

T. Harless
07-20-2004, 05:34
Think nothing of it Bill. Glad I could help. Like I said, I've been there a few times. Actually the ones I've busted was totally my fault. Banged them hard against a door frame or something. The one I superglued hit pavement attached to a N90s after I left in on the roof of my Jeep and drove off. You get kind of sick when you realize what that sound you just heard was. The flash faired better than the body. I'm NPS and Nikon still had it for a couple months.

Shoot good. Todd

Bruce Foreman
07-25-2004, 00:00
Originally posted by BillCola
Todd: THANK YOU!!!!

In light of Nikon's general excellence, this is a hopelessly weak link, as I already know it will break again within a year. Certainly a job for titanium, or somesuch.

Bill

This was such a common prohlem with the Vivitar 283/285 models that someone made metal replacement feet for these. I still have a few with the metal feet I put on.

Bruce Foreman