Finally got one! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally got one!

Larry_K
07-03-2004, 15:22
Hey everybody,

Finally made the jump into the 2-wheeled world. Picked up a Marauder 800 and couldn't be happier. It's an '04 and I got it for $5,100 with 1.7 miles on it :)

23 hours later it nows has 48 miles on it (all in the city..).

http://www.mindspring.com/~lkuhtz/pics/mar800.jpg

Not the biggest baddest thing on the road (FAR FAR from it...) but I fell in love with it the first time I saw it about 3 weeks ago at the Suzuki shop. I looked at the Honda Shadow line, Yamaha V-Star and also the Suz Volusia's and the Marauder just felt the best for me. I tried feeling out sportbikes too, but the laydown style of riding just doesn't work for my back (multiple surgeries for ruptered discs will cause that sorta thing!).

I can't beleive that I waited sooooo long to actually get one and hit the road, wanted to since I was a kid and fixing to hit the big *3 2* in a couple of months so I figured I should go for it. One of the guys at work got his Harley a few months back and when he heard about me getting a bike he's wanting to hook up and ride sometime, so I'm all set on having at least a part time riding buddy.

One thing I've got to say about cyclist in general, it's almost beydon belief how close knit most of the guys are. Walk into pretty much any cycle shop and you're instantly with family, especially true walking into the Harley shop here in Memphis.

Any other riders here form the Memphis area? Would love to do a ride to one of the local ranges one weekend.

Larry

TriggerRider
07-03-2004, 20:09
Hey Larry_K - that's a great looking machine you just purchased.

BTW - by the time you're *52* (like me), hitting the BIG *32* won't seem so bad !

Keep the shiny side up !

bassman-dan
07-03-2004, 20:56
Nice, nice looking bike.
I've also been wanting to look at a Marauder but my local dealer doesn't have any right now.
Would appreciate a review of your bike after you get some more miles on her.
Good luck.

Siren
07-03-2004, 22:44
Good looking bike. You did a lot better than me. I was 48 before I got re-involved in the sport. Enjoy!

RKC2000
07-15-2004, 19:09
My wife had a '86 Vulcan, somewhat similar to a Marauder (bought in 2002). This 750 was extremely fast. Nice low-to-the-ground seat.

Just a devil to get started, but once it did, was great.