GrandKid Hauler check it out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GrandKid Hauler check it out

07-04-2004, 08:38
I seem to have way to much time on my hands.I picked up this wagon thing at a yard sale yesterday for 7 bucks. It worked out so good I can hardly stand myself.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/192512.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=192512&c=500&z=1)

fastvfr
07-04-2004, 23:00
I don't know about CO laws, but hereabouts there is a hefty fine involved for carting kids in such a conveyance.

I'd check the manufacturer's web site for the manual, as I'll bet that it is rated for not more than 10 or 15 mph, and are specifically bicycle-only.

Then too, those scooters like you own are not allowed to tote passengers, so I'd guess that attaching a bicycle trailer to one would be cause for a major citation.

Plus, consider how 50# - 100# in a trailer would affect your scooter's handling...not just while turning, but how about if you had to stop quickly?! That thing looks like it would have some strong leverage over the rear, that's for sure. Motorcycles can do this because of the weight ratio...that would not apply in this case. And a MC trailer's tongue is much shorter.

Now, imagine how you would feel if your $7.00 trailer happened to fail, or if you had an accident, while you were taking the g-kids for a 35 mph ride...I'm sure the young'uns would not like road rash. Think of the other things that can happen in traffic that are worse than abrasions, though...like being run over or severe head injuries for starters.

Not to poop on your party, but you might give this more thought before venturing out into traffic with innocents aboard.

I'd use it for trailing them around the yard on the back of your Lawn Tractor, but that is the extent of it.

Good luck and best regards,

FastVFR

07-05-2004, 07:52
Originally posted by fastvfr
I don't know about CO laws, but hereabouts there is a hefty fine involved for carting kids in such a conveyance.

I'd check the manufacturer's web site for the manual, as I'll bet that it is rated for not more than 10 or 15 mph, and are specifically bicycle-only.

Then too, those scooters like you own are not allowed to tote passengers, so I'd guess that attaching a bicycle trailer to one would be cause for a major citation.

Plus, consider how 50# - 100# in a trailer would affect your scooter's handling...not just while turning, but how about if you had to stop quickly?! That thing looks like it would have some strong leverage over the rear, that's for sure. Motorcycles can do this because of the weight ratio...that would not apply in this case. And a MC trailer's tongue is much shorter.

Now, imagine how you would feel if your $7.00 trailer happened to fail, or if you had an accident, while you were taking the g-kids for a 35 mph ride...I'm sure the young'uns would not like road rash. Think of the other things that can happen in traffic that are worse than abrasions, though...like being run over or severe head injuries for starters.

Not to poop on your party, but you might give this more thought before venturing out into traffic with innocents aboard.

I'd use it for trailing them around the yard on the back of your Lawn Tractor, but that is the extent of it.

Good luck and best regards,

FastVFR WHOLEY CRAP, This is a 10-15 mile per hr electric bike. We ride in the parks and on the sidewalks. Sorry I got you all fired up!

fastvfr
07-09-2004, 18:00
O! O! O!

IC now!

I thought it was a little Vespa-like scooter...one of those carts on the back of a Vespa would be a recipe for disaster.

Glad everyone is having fun!

Stay safe,

FastVFR