Let Us Never Forget [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Never Forget

Caretaker
07-04-2004, 21:14
I am not a veteran, and never served in the armed forces, but I am a proud american through and through. My father served in the NAVY in WWII on the USS Robert H. Smith 1942-1945. Along with that have had several relatives and friends over the years who served in military in battle in WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War and Desert Storm, as well as the Recent conflicts and Wars in the Middle East. I even had relatives and friends who were at the Attack on the Twin Towers in New York and were killed or barely survived in escape of the Attacks.

I never served, but I got to hear the trials of battle and the experiences and stories surrounding their time of service for their country...America! From these stories and their expereinces in service, I got to understand in some small way what it means to fight for your country and defend her borders and fight to retain the rights and Privelages that all the rest of us have gained from, and unfortunately take for granted much to often.

I want to take this time, on our country's most special day in our history, to thank all you wonderful and brave Veterans for the gift of freedom that you have fought for and won through your years of military service in this country's Armed Forces. You are one of country's most treasured gifts we have,...for no thanks could ever be just for all you have given to our country and it's citizens.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL ALWAYS.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!
;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;?

Caretaker
07-04-2004, 21:25
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;?

Caretaker
07-04-2004, 23:32
GOD BLESS AND THANKS TO OUR BRAVE VETERANS

Bill Powell
07-11-2004, 10:08
Kevin, this is the eleventh, and this is the first time i have seen your tribute. It's beautiful. I thank you for what you posted. bill

actionpup
07-12-2004, 19:38
Kevin,
Ditto on what Bill said. Thank you for your kind words. In addition to the veterans who serve and sacrifice, it is people like you that keep the American spirit alive and well.
apup

Caretaker
07-12-2004, 20:02
Thank you to you and Bill for the kind remarks. The important thing about what was said is i didnt say them for i felt i had to, i said them for i felt i wanted to for how i feel about the veterans and what they have they mean to our country and what they meant to the country we have today and the rights we share as a person and citizen of the country. these rights and priveleges were fought for in the begininning and fought since then to preserve them and retain them from people and countries who are trying to take them away or change what we have today thanks to the veterans of our countries military services.

thanks again to you and bill and god bless you both always and may god bless all our veterans of our country who fought for us over time...and most of all.....GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;? ;?

actionpup
07-12-2004, 20:29
;? I salute you and your sentiment.
apup

RussP
07-14-2004, 20:28
Thank you!!!

That's it, just... Thank You!!

Black Tiger
08-08-2004, 09:05
;? ;? Thanks for the tribute;? ;?