Need Help Finding a Serviceman [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding a Serviceman

TexanOutWest
07-07-2004, 12:17
Someone I work with is searching for her brother to whom she hasn't spoken for almost a year. He's an Air Force Reservist and she's concerned because she hasn't heard from him in a while. He may or may not have been called up, but she's not sure. In his civies, he's a medical equipment tech for the Bayer company. Are there any contacts that can help her locate him or at least find out if he's been activated? Thanks for any info.

Tex

TexanOutWest
07-07-2004, 16:32
Can anyone help me? ;4

Garr
07-07-2004, 17:59
If the reservist has been mobilized, the red cross can help (probably), visit the local office. If not, look up the Air Force Personnel Center and give them a try, they may or may not be of assistance.

RussP
07-07-2004, 20:49
Originally posted by Garr
If the reservist has been mobilized, the red cross can help (probably), visit the local office. If not, look up the Air Force Personnel Center and give them a try, they may or may not be of assistance. Good advice: Try the Red Cross... They can find someone...

Penman
07-08-2004, 19:45
I believe there's a Personnel Office in the Pentagon that should be able to help.

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
07-08-2004, 20:35
There used to be a "serviceman finder" site, but since 9/11 it and others like it have been taken down.

mdavid
07-14-2004, 13:09
It seems like you would have the best results by walking in to the local Air Force recruiter and asking the same question.

WIG19
07-15-2004, 10:20
Originally posted by TexanOutWest
In his civies, he's a medical equipment tech for the Bayer company.
As they are, by law, holding his job for him & should have a copy of any orders that justify placing him on "military leave" his employer should know his status as well. Good luck.;?

Edit: Also, if he has been mobilized, here is a list (http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/famops/FSCHOMEPAGES.htm) of AF base family support webpages, depending upon where he might have gone active. He certainly would've reported to a base of some kind to finish getting provisioned with everything his active-duty brethren have (although the AF is better than the Army at blurring the line between reserve & active IMO). Perhaps there's a contact number in there that can further the search. Again, good luck. :)