Awesome Video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Video

WERA49
07-07-2004, 20:40
This is a link to a 19.5 Mb video. I wouldn't recommend it for dial up customers. It is about motorcycle roadracing crashes.

http://www.redztread.com/vidz/getoffs.wmv

Enjoy, if you have a fast connection! :)

pesticidal
07-07-2004, 21:07
Look about 3:55 minutes into the video. There's a cobra on the track. (no, not a Ford...) ;P

WERA49
07-07-2004, 22:20
I saw that, very neat. I've read about a monkey on a track, saw a seagull hit a rider, and now, saw a cobra on the track.

Motorcycle GP racing is my favorite.

Arc Angel
07-07-2004, 23:03
;P Now, the cobra was really cool! Just as he splayed his hood, he got hit - Wow! ;g

bassman-dan
07-09-2004, 20:49
Great video.
It's amazing how often these guys just walk away from their crashes.

WERA49
07-09-2004, 21:15
It's amazing how often these guys just walk away from their crashes.
True. I have walked away from many crashes. Unfortunately, I was carried away on some of them also. ;Q

My worst year was 1999. I broke my pelvic bone twice (different crashes), both heels, fractured right elbow, and ruptured my bladder.

Something that I had never considered prior to that while using crutches; If the upper half is OK, I can get by. If the lower half is OK, I can get by. If both are damaged, life is miserable.

A nurse came to teach me how to use crutches after my second big getoff in 1999. I told her that I knew how to use them. She said "We'll see". I took the crutches, adjusted them, and hobbled out of the hospital room and into the hallway. She said "Your good at that. Have you done that before?". :)

I also crashed a third time in 1999. This time, the rear tire from my bike hit my helmet as it went by. The tire marks were cool. Fortunately, a friend from Michigan got to see the entire crash because I had just passed him. When I stopped, I couldn't find my bike. I had to laugh because I thought "How did I get here? Is this how the alien abduction people feel?". It had traveled quite a distance and down hill. I couldn't see it where I was standing.

vafish
07-11-2004, 15:27
WERA 49,

After 2 dirt bike crashes that requried a visist to the emergency room I was in a single vehicle rollover in the Australian outback. I had a 4" gash in my head, when the ambulance finally arrived I walked over to it and the crew wanted to put me on a back board because I had a head injury. The female member of the crew went to put a collar on me and asked the male member of the crew what size collar he thought I needed. I piped up and told her I wore a "No-Neck".

She looked down at me and said "Do you do this often?"

The license plates on my CBR1100XX were "A NEG" (my blood type)

WERA49
07-11-2004, 15:42
The license plates on my CBR1100XX were "A NEG" (my blood type)
Cool license plate!

BTW, nice bike. A friend has a XX. When we go on a big ride, we'll trade bikes for a little while.

BNSF
07-13-2004, 07:05
bravisimo!

Nowhere Man
07-13-2004, 07:24
Reminds me of the joke: What's the last thing to go thru a bugs mind when he hits a windshield?

JAREDG21
07-17-2004, 01:56
BEEN THERE CRASHED THAT WHAT'S NEXT.