Scenes from a Gunshow (2004) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scenes from a Gunshow (2004)

horge
07-08-2004, 17:15
I think there are a few BoG's outside of Manila who won;t be able to attend the Gun Show.
This is for them.
(I've corrected some errors and added more photos
apologies to WSC - Weapons Systems Corporation for earlier confusion)

First day at the Gun Show in Mega Mall (MegaTrade Hall).
As expected, the place was fairly crowded.
I and my wife got there just after it opened, and well, here are the few pics I could snap that weren't completely obscured by the milling throng.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowentrance.jpg
P50.00 entrance ticket for adults.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowarmscor.jpg
The Armscor booth was better laid out than last year, spreading the autoloaders over a longer stretch to prevent overcrowding. Sadly, it was still too crowded to get a good pic, so I got their large display area from the shotguns side, na lang. Custome service was excellent this year, despite the inquiry overload.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowshooter2.jpg
Across and further down the aisle, the large SAM booth wasn't quite set up yet, but there was a lot of interest in their SAM pistols and their spare, forged slides, and questions as to whether those would drop-in fit an Armscor frame. Nice selection of imports, though their Jennings and Lorcins were as always, good for many yuks.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowtwinpines.jpg
The Twin Pines booth was less central than last year's. Their RIA 1911's and their S&W's (with some very nice Ruger 44's ---did I really see a .480?) commanded a lot of attention, but the people manning the long counter seemed a little drained (within the first couple of hours of the GunShow?? Setup must have been a nightmare.)

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowmagnificent.jpg
Magnificent World got a quieter, central-aisle booth location, and reaped the dividends with female consumers. Their display counters were a little too low, though... Nice friendly staff, compensting for the sour air in the PPSA booth nearby.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowwsc.jpg
I liked the Weapons Systems Corp booth, very spiffy, clean and attractive. The counters were very well-lighted to beter display some very nice pistols: Colt's, Norinco, Glock, Llama, etc...

Hahn had a very nice display, though (like Armscor) they needed to spread the pistols out to prevent crowding. They have some interesting new Hahn-branded ammo (none for my .380 though....waaaah!)

P.B.Dionisio showed off its broad selection of scatterguns, rifles, and a few SMG's. It was unfortunately right next to Advanbced Weapons Systems' M4a1-nutty crowd, drooling over the Bushmasters and folding-stock H&K MP5's. I was getting jostled left and right. But if you like shotties and rifles... wooohaaaa! Get a load of their full-auto CZ-75 Select:
http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/cz75auto.jpg

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowtrusttrade.jpg
I think this was the Trust Trade booth. Glock and Taurus, and pretty much everything else. I was pretty tired at this point, but very happy.

The tiny Secure Arms booth featured a .380 autopistol bonanza:
Browning BDA, Sig P232, Bers Thunder 380, Llama Micromax 380
and an interesting Daewoo 380, along with the usual .45's and wondr9's. They could use a poster or two to cheer the booth up.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowstarfire.jpg
The Starfire booth was among the busiest. A lot of attention (and fondling) was directed at their modestly-rollmarked Ranger M1911A1's, FEG Hi-Powers, and other pistols.

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/gunshowstronghand.jpg
Stronghand (aka HS2000/XD ground zero, hehe) showed off its reloading equipment, accessories, and of course, its Croatian blasters. I was lucky to get a clear shot of the booth. Normally there were too many people in the way.

Normally I wait til the last day of the show --les crowded, with generally better-educated (firearms-wise) shoppers. First couple of days there are a lot of clowns pointing deliberately at you and pulling triggers. I don't care if the display models are empty --I don't like it. If anyone had pointed at my wife, they would have gotten an earful. Anyways...the trade show's refreshment area featured Casa Ilongga (pretty good) and some other concessions, and the PNP-FED booth was better manned, but had little literature to offer this year.

There were more outlets carrying Bersa and Llama pistols than last year --they must be selling well enough. There were fewer outlets offering GI Norincos, though the two-toned versions were fairly well-represented. I didn't see the much-maligned Art Lantin's this year --maybe I just missed it. I was hoping CLIP Merchandising would offer a bigger gunshow discount on its magazines, but...no joy.

Best bargains/standouts I ran into?
The Armscor GI (5", park) is selling for only P10,800
There was a Colt Pony selling for P40,000
Norinco NP-27 Special Two Tone Compact P22,000

There was some interesting Buffalo prefragged JHP that might be worth looking into (P150.00 up per round, depending on caliber).

-------------
As for running into any BoG's...
Just as well :)

Alexii
07-08-2004, 18:22
Nice horge!^c

Me and a friend also chanced upon the Glock representative from Hongkong and told him of our collective concerns about their brand. Concerns like breechface failures, the E-series hysteria, and dryfiring. He said that Glock only warrants 40k rounds for their pistols and dryfiring is included (!) It seems he has heard these complaints before as he had ready answers off the top of his head.

He was very congenial and polite; he even gave us a free 2004 annual and an impressive Buyer's Guide Glock catalogue. We invited him to join our group today (as majority of the BOGs will meet tonight and sure to have questions of their own) but had to beg off as he's headed out of the country today. Maybe next gunshow.

Eye Cutter
07-08-2004, 18:23
;f;f;f

horge, you should make journalism your 2nd career, if it isn't already! very enjoyable read! wish i can make it to the gunshow, too much work!!! waaahhhh!!!

Eye Cutter
07-08-2004, 18:25
anyone see the CZ UB reps? Milan is quite a jolly person!

bass one
07-08-2004, 19:46
Thank you very much Horge. You are so kind to have done this for us. There is no way for me to go and see these gunshows as I only come home during the Christmas season.

I feel like a blind man listening to someone describe the beauty of nature...sob...

batangueno
07-08-2004, 19:56
Nice writeup horge. ^c

Alexii, the glock representative actually bribed you then got scared of the possibility of meeting other ranting BOGs. ;f

mc_oliver
07-08-2004, 20:05
Was there in the morning, too, yesterday. Caught Mannix haggling for his lefty holster sa PB booth. Mukhang seryoso na lumaban yung mama. ;f

I particularly noticed the cute Walthers (P99?) in .22cal. They would be perfect for young shooters with very small hands. ;)

I didn't expect Armscor to drop their prices on their GI series that much. Imagine a singlestack in 9mm for only 8.8K! Palit 40 barrel lang mey SS in 40 ka na...sana hinintay ko na lang show bago ko ginastos pera ko...;Q

batangueno
07-08-2004, 20:06
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
anyone see the CZ UB reps? Milan is quite a jolly person!
I don't know if they were the CZ reps but i saw a couple of foreigners near the PB booth but looks more interested at the bushmaster display of AWS.

First time i saw this weird looking bushmaster with a glock attached to its accessory rail, who would want that....well, i do..hehe ;a

horge
07-08-2004, 20:26
I saw that!

That was just farrrr-out weird.
This curving extension from below, with a Glock mounted on it.

Couldn't get a pic though.
If any of you guys happen to go with a camera, paki-kunan naman yun.
I'd also like a pic of PB Dionisio's, Advanced Weapons and WSC's booths para naman those who can't attend can see all the yummy hardware !

Thanks.

horge

jasonub
07-08-2004, 20:28
was there and saw dbm, anyway what are the prices for jr speed holster, mag pouches and belt? my friend is getting into the sport too

agentrod
07-08-2004, 20:46
That was just farrrr-out weird.This curving extension from below, with a Glock mounted on it

I also saw that, was wondering what is that for?? - when you're reloading the Bushmaster you can still use the Glock for defense? Like old army rifles that have a bayonet at the tip for when you run outof bullets...

mc_oliver
07-08-2004, 21:28
Originally posted by jasonub
was there and saw dbm, anyway what are the prices for jr speed holster, mag pouches and belt? my friend is getting into the sport too
Nasa 3.5k yung holster na bago'ng design na. Plus meron na rin JR nung CR pouches. Pero sa presyo na P760 for a safariland 771 kay PB, no-brainer decision yan dude. ;)

paltik45
07-08-2004, 21:57
Sir HORGE, I dont know how I will be able to thank you for your post. It sure makes me feel at HOME again;f and yes the ARMSCOR GI 1911 is a bargain for the price.

batangueno
07-08-2004, 22:29
I only found out yesterday in the Gun Show that Hahn-Manila were selling Speer Gold Dot bullets. They have their own complete catridges using Gold Dot or you can just get the heads then load your own. This is a cheap alternative in getting quality defense ammo. Now you can practice using the same ammo without spending a fortune. :)

v1ct0r
07-08-2004, 22:30
Originally posted by mc_oliver

I didn't expect Armscor to drop their prices on their GI series that much. Imagine a singlestack in 9mm for only 8.8K! Palit 40 barrel lang mey SS in 40 ka na...sana hinintay ko na lang show bago ko
ginastos pera ko...;Q

Sir including license magkano po lahat? :)

horge
07-08-2004, 23:55
I think....
Add around 4,800 for processing of papers.
Depending on whose selling you the piece, tha figure can go up by as much as another 1,900.

Hi mc_oliver,
Kaya ba ng Armscor ang .40?
No deformation, long term?

batangueno
07-09-2004, 00:35
I think the best bargain for a 1911 Armscor is from their production overruns display at the Squires Bingham/Armscor booth. The semi-modified 1911 (commander hammer, ambi safety, match trigger, low mount sight, beavertail, etc.) goes for P9,999 only plus P1,900 or so for the license. They only have the blued version left yesterday, the other variations like two-toned and stainless which only costs a couple of thousands more were all sold out.

mc_oliver
07-09-2004, 00:56
Originally posted by horge
I think....
Add around 4,800 for processing of papers.
Depending on whose selling you the piece, tha figure can go up by as much as another 1,900.

Hi mc_oliver,
Kaya ba ng Armscor ang .40?
No deformation, long term?
Yep, I've taken the 5k figure as budget for processing when buying a gun (although I really haven't bought a new one recently.)

As for 40cal on an armscor frame, so far yung sa akin okay naman. In fact, sa 11# spring na gamit ko with 175+ PF loads feeling ko naabuso ko yata masyado. Pero ni-peening sa rails wala ako'ng makita and the fit never changed. Although I'm starting to see some slide-frame mismatch sa likod indicating nag we-wear in na yung barrel lugs sa slide stop pin.

Btw, yung 9K figure is for the 9mm singlestack (didn't see the price for the widebody). When changing calibers using this as base, some smithing is always necessary to fit the new barrel and make the mags work. ;) Just so you guys know. Bka kasi mey mag attempt at sisihin nyo ako kung 'di tumakbo.;f

doctabako
07-09-2004, 03:11
Horge
Nice pictures, excellent commentary. Makes me feel like I went there already. :)
Has anybody seen any lefty ultimate ghost or Limcat holsters being sold? If so, how much were they? Anyway if its not available, I'll settle for the new JR holsters that look almost the same. Will be there on Saturday, abala talaga trabaho ;f

mc_oliver
07-09-2004, 03:54
Originally posted by doctabako
Horge
Nice pictures, excellent commentary. Makes me feel like I went there already. :)
Has anybody seen any lefty ultimate ghost or Limcat holsters being sold? If so, how much were they? Anyway if its not available, I'll settle for the new JR holsters that look almost the same. Will be there on Saturday, abala talaga trabaho ;f
docT, pinless ghost na lefty nasa 5k yata kay PB. Si Mannix bumili, just not sure kung nakuha na nya. ;)

doctabako
07-09-2004, 04:36
docT, pinless ghost na lefty nasa 5k yata kay PB. Si Mannix bumili, just not sure kung nakuha na nya. ;)

paltic
07-09-2004, 05:08
pare ito ba yun? israeli technology ito...gawa ng TDI

horge
07-09-2004, 05:34
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Behold the power of gang-reporting and gang-photography!

Yup! Yup!!
Thanks paltic!

That be the very one right there. :)
The way the girl is holding it partially obscures the pistol mount, but it's a great shot and quite instructive.

MANY THANKS!!

Eye Cutter
07-09-2004, 07:59
Mc_O:

meron problema mga P22 pistols. the takedown latch is made of plastic and easily breaks. kahit si tony pascual hindi magawan ng aluminum copy ng piyesang madaling masira.

Eye Cutter
07-09-2004, 08:11
this was all I could afford to buy at the gunshow!

Valor1
07-09-2004, 09:28
Guys, have you noticed that the following brands dominated almost all of the booths:
-Armscor (great buy)
-Llama
-Para Ords

Konti lang ang Colts this year. Shooter are making brisk sales with the local law enforcers. Mukhang pinaka-successful ang Armscor sa gunshow na ito.

Clip Merchandising is sellin remanufactured Shooting Star .45 mags at P 600 lang.

9MX
07-09-2004, 13:54

doc,

i did buy the pinless ghost yesterday but i'd be going back to pbd at megamall today. while the retention of the pistol is superb in unlocked condition, i could'nt lock the holster:(

The holster that i got is ambi, it had a CZ sticker on the exterior side, checking on the plastic package that houses the holster, i saw a tick/check beside the word "CZ" indicating that it is for the CZ pistol. Ivan and I even tested the holster with the CZ stocks at the gunshow and we were able to lock it while the pistol is in retention. However, I can't do the same with my pistol. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the words "TANF" engraved on the front of the holster itself. This is one of the issues, I'm going to raise. At the very least, I hope PBD will replace my holster or my money back.

Hirap talaga pag excited.;Q

Alexii
07-09-2004, 20:45
Just a little anecdote from the first day of the gunshow:

My brother went there on the first day to look for UZI magazines. He asked me if I knew a specific store to check out and off the top of my head, I said he could try Clip Merchandising. So he went there ahead of me and proceeded to buy these two, unmarked magazines costing 6.5k a piece. It even came with a carton box marked UZI.

So he went home tried it out on his pistol and the mags would fit so tight he would have to use his feet to yank the mag out of the pistol. He called me and asked me what to do. I told him to to ask for refund as that would be the least amount of effort Clip Merchandising can do considering the hassle it caused (my brother lives in Bulacan). We also agreed that he would bring his original IMI mag with him to compare with the two mags he bought which are, at first glance, identical to the real thing.

So did he get a refund? No. Instead he got two replacement mags with the IMI mark and last word from my brother was that the mags are now working perfectly. Clip Merchandising even had the gall to ask additional 500 pesos, stating that the replacement mags are more expensive.

My questions: Why would Clip Merchandising do business like that? Is it a case of, "if they can get away with it, they would"? What if the customer goes home to a far-out province the next day and have no way to exchange/refund defective goods?

:(

jundeleon
07-09-2004, 21:59
I had the same experience with the same store in 94.
Back then I just bought my first gun, a CZ 75B from Ultra Systems, and needed extra magazines. Clip Merchandising offered a mag, no marks also, for only 1,200. I bought one and tried it at the range immediately. Loaded to full 15 rounds, it wouldn't cycle and my gun jammed. It took several hours of tinkering before I could get it out.
Clip Merch refunded my money the next day.

paltic
07-09-2004, 22:13
malamang na imitations yung nabili ninyo Alexii, marami talaga naglipana na fake magazines ngayon...mas maganda talaga na magdala ng orig. for comparison..o kaya ay i-try sa kaninumang booth kung papayag;-)

nyordak17
07-09-2004, 22:56
Nice Pics horge!!!^c i was also there nung first day... daming tao sobra! ;9 guys what brand of (imported) ammo can you recommend for 9mm cartridge for self-defense. so far, ang nakita ko lang dun yung 9mm JHP CORBON +P 115GR and +P 90GR... Ano mas ok between the two??? Ano pa mairerecommend nyo??? i'm planning to go back kasi on sunday, medyo bitin kc ako sa oras nung first day. Thanks!!!
:)

flyboy 1
07-10-2004, 02:21
Pards,

Among the two Corbon loads you mentioned for the 9mm, the 115gr +p has better stopping power statistics ratings in the U.S. But there are a lot of other excellent loads also, and whichever cycles and functions more reliably in your specific pistol would probably be the best way to go.

Just my 2 cents. ;f

horge
07-10-2004, 03:09
I have to yield to bantangueno :)
The Armscor overruns really ARE the star bargains of this gun show:

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/9999.JPG

P9,999.00, with one mag ---and a few dings and scratches (and a lot of fondling thumbmarks from the gunshow crowd, haha)

I however opted to drop cash for the new Armscor GI Fullsize, via the Squires Bingham booth. I want to give the GI a thorough once-over, and then maybe write a review about it. The GI's finish is a little dark for parkarizing ...almost like they added somthing else into the mix. I hope to get the pistol in three weeks, and get it to the range within a couple of weeks of that.

Eye Cutter
07-10-2004, 07:37
horge: so the 1911 bug bit you, too! wala nang katapusan yan! Post pics of your Armscor GI 1911 in the Custom .45 thread once you get your unit!

;K

kf4zra
07-10-2004, 08:07
9999 philipine pesos = $180USD

i would have bought 3 of those, thats a deal and a half!

JOhn

doctabako
07-10-2004, 08:39
Originally posted by 9MX
doc,

i did buy the pinless ghost yesterday but i'd be going back to pbd at megamall today. while the retention of the pistol is superb in unlocked condition, i could'nt lock the holster:(

Ran out of the ghost holster at PBD, the model was actually for the SPS(which of course is compatible with the STI). The unit was reportedly sold yesterday and was different from the CZ model sold to you. Didn't find any limcat holsters there too. Couldn't get myself to buy the new JR speed holster from Laiza. The quality and finish left something to be desired as I felt it wouldn't be an improvement over my trusty old CR speed style JR(which I also bought from her).
Now what did I buy after 4 hours of roaming around? An STI sticker, cap, arredondo magazine brush and kleenbore bronze bore brush.;g I did enjoy myself immensely as this event has been a long time coming.

The ARMSCOR 1911's were indeed the best buys in this gun show.

Didn't see any BOGs there, forgot to jot down ppts' number so I had no way of knowing who was there as I've only met Taurus, Eye Cutter, Jasonub, krinkov, and have seen Batangueno in the past.:)

jundeleon
07-10-2004, 08:41
nyordak17

before buying the corbon 115 grain +P, make sure the ammo will seat fully in your chamber. The shape of the bullet, a tapered cone, sometimes causes the round not to fully chamber in some guns.

in my case, the round wouldn't cycle on my P99, and stops the slide from going into full battery.

Its an excellent defense round though. I gave my corbon's to another shooter and it cycled well in his beretta.

doctabako
07-10-2004, 08:46
oops, erroneous post;e

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:15
Clip Merchandising - There is something fishy with this outfit. They priced their "orig" CZ magazines (as if there is such a thing!;P ) at P2,400.00. Wouldn't deal with them ever (especially after what happened to Alexii's brother)

Ghost Holster of PBD - This morning, I brought my CZ with me but left it in my car just in case I would need to prove my point. Funny, like yesterday, we again tried one of the CZ 85Bs on display. Again, I was able to lock the gun. So we (PBD and me) briefly theorized that maybe it was me. Since they can't go down to accompany me, I said I'd give it a try one more time. Went into may car and tried my gun again, same case. So I gave up, returned the holster, and PBD returned my money. I'm really sorry and disappointed on the whole thing. But my admiration goes to PBD for being customer friendly, its always one of the gunshops I would always hope to do business with again and again.;D ^c

To cut this story short, I got a CR Speed WSM 2002 from True Weight. Fortunately there was already a LH unit available and compatible to the CZ. So I asked this middle aged lady manning the booth, "how much?", she replied "P8, 200.00" I said, "But Grace told me last Thursday it is only P7,700." She could only give me an embarassed smile ;j

Now having the opportunity to examine/scrutinize the CR Speed Holster, I now know why its one pricey rig!:cool:

doctabako
07-10-2004, 09:23
Originally posted by 9MX
To cut this story short, I got a CR Speed WSM 2002 from True Weight. Fortunately there was already a LH unit available and compatible to the CZ. So I asked this middle aged lady manning the booth, "how much?", she replied "P8, 200.00" I said, "But Grace told me last Thursday it is only P7,700." She could only give me an embarassed smile ;j

Now having the opportunity to examine/scrutinize the CR Speed Holster, I now know why its one pricey rig!:cool:

Inquired about the CR speed but grace showed me that the locking lever will be on the inner part of the holster whereas it is conveniently located on the outer part of the holster for the trigger finger when used by a righty like it is on my local lefty JR speed holster. Didn't buy it for this reason.

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:29
Inquired about the CR speed but grace showed me that the locking lever will be on the inner part of the holster whereas it is conveniently located on the outer part of the holster for the trigger finger when used by a righty like it is on my local lefty JR speed holster. Didn't buy it for this reason.

yup, I asked Grace, if all LH CR speed holsters are configured that way, she said yes. Now if she pulled my leg....

Anyway, when I tried it tonight, my CZ is secure even if I don't lock the holster, I even jumped up and down to see if the gun would wiggle. It didn't

Saruman
07-10-2004, 09:33
Originally posted by nyordak17
Nice Pics horge!!!^c i was also there nung first day... daming tao sobra! ;9 guys what brand of (imported) ammo can you recommend for 9mm cartridge for self-defense. so far, ang nakita ko lang dun yung 9mm JHP CORBON +P 115GR and +P 90GR... Ano mas ok between the two??? Ano pa mairerecommend nyo??? i'm planning to go back kasi on sunday, medyo bitin kc ako sa oras nung first day. Thanks!!!

Remington Golden Sabre:)

Saruman
07-10-2004, 09:38
Originally posted by 9MX

Could have saved you the gas and parking fee if you only listened the first time.. hehehehe ;f ;f ;f ;f

WOW!! WSM 2002!! Naka Versa Hanger ba yan?? ASTIG!!! palit tayo?? hehehe;a ;a

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:39
just checked the CR Speed website, all holsters are generically RH but can be set up for LH putting the lock on the inside

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:46
Originally posted by Saruman
Could have saved you the gas and parking fee if you only listened the first time.. hehehehe ;f ;f ;f ;f

WOW!! WSM 2002!! Naka Versa Hanger ba yan?? ASTIG!!! palit tayo?? hehehe;a ;a

but experience is always the best teacher;)

yes, it has the versa hanger. this is probably my most expensive weekend, because i got 3 CR speed versa pouches the day before. Homogenizer hypnotized me, I swear!;P

Saruman
07-10-2004, 09:55
Originally posted by 9MX
but experience is always the best teacher;)

yes, it has the versa hanger. this is probably my most expensive weekend, because i got 3 CR speed versa pouches the day before. Homogenizer hypnotized me, I swear!;P

some people like to learn it the hard way ;f ;f .. peace brader!!;) ;)

will make you the platform nipple this week.. but have your drill ready for it might not stand straight with the original hole.. konting adjust sa position on the inverted cup..:)

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:56
some people like to learn it the hard way ;f ;f .. peace brader!!;) ;)

will make you the platform nipple this week.. but have your drill ready for it might not stand straight with the original hole.. konting adjust sa position on the inverted cup..:)

no problem, i just have one request. puede ba yung color, pinkish?;f

Saruman
07-10-2004, 10:01
Originally posted by 9MX
no problem, i just have one request. puede ba yung color, pinkish?;f

sorry, comes in one color only.. gangrene green.. ;f ;f ..

Saruman
07-10-2004, 10:03
I saw Surefire Nitrolons with Batt included at 2300 PhP.. GOOD DEAL!!!

9MX
07-10-2004, 10:05
I saw Surefire Nitrolons with Batt included at 2300 PhP.. GOOD DEAL!!!

ppsts, homogenizer, deenoh, and mikey were at urban today. sale daw ang surefire,they got the nitrolon at P1,960. up to july 22. deenoh to the e2e

Eye Cutter
07-10-2004, 10:08
9mx: Ituturo ko sa iyo how to adjust the tension of the locking bar on your lefty CR Speed for holster tests and such crazy maneuvers we do in IPSC na hindi ka matatakot na malaglag pistol mo!

You know why there isn't a detent/stop for the lock in the CR Speed design? that's bec. you can turn the lock halfway or all the way down to increase the tension of the locking bar that swivels out when you draw. It gives a more secure retention but you can still pull the pistol out!

Doc T: You didn't inquire with Tony pascual about his Limcat holster copy? Look at the Bianchi Hemisphere holster also, it is priced half of the CR Speed. Si Batangueno, lefty rin and he uses the Bianchi. The lock can be adjusted for better retention but can be drawn out also.

Have you also considered the Safariland holster? It is also a very good design but very expensive! I've been using my old Safariland 011 holster for my Para LDA for some time now bec. it offers the best draw for the LDA unlike the CR Speed and I've not had any problems yet.

Saruman
07-10-2004, 10:09
Originally posted by 9MX
ppsts, homogenizer, deenoh, and mikey were at urban today. sale daw ang surefire,they got the nitrolon at P1,960. up to july 22. deenoh to the e2e

nice price!! wish i had the moola..;g ;g ..

9MX
07-10-2004, 10:13
9mx: Ituturo ko sa iyo how to adjust the tension of the locking bar on your lefty CR Speed for holster tests and such crazy maneuvers we do in IPSC na hindi ka matatakot na malaglag pistol mo!

You know why there isn't a detent/stop for the lock in the CR Speed design? that's bec. you can turn the lock halfway or all the way down to increase the tension of the locking bar that swivels out when you draw. It gives a more secure retention but you can still pull the pistol out!

Thanks doc! I really intend to ask you about it tomorrow. ^c

doctabako
07-10-2004, 10:19

Doc T: You didn't inquire with Tony pascual about his Limcat holster copy? Look at the Bianchi Hemisphere holster also, it is priced half of the CR Speed. Si Batangueno, lefty rin and he uses the Bianchi. The lock can be adjusted for better retention but can be drawn out also.

Have you also considered the Safariland holster? It is also a very good design but very expensive! I've been using my old Safariland 011 holster for my Para LDA for some time now bec. it offers the best draw for the LDA unlike the CR Speed and I've not had any problems yet.

Tried to but his booth was always packed whenever I remembered to try and ask. Packed not by buyers but by people who were listening and hanging on to every word that he says as if he were a wise old sage:) Finally forgot about it after the 4th try. Don't like getting jostled;f ;f As for Safariland and Bianchi, I would like to try the compact hanger type holsters for a change.:)

Saruman
07-10-2004, 10:24

doc, yun ba ang gamit nun? kala natin mali design.. hehehehe:) :)

paltik45
07-10-2004, 11:04
Originally posted by 9MX
yup, I asked Grace, if all LH CR speed holsters are configured that way, she said yes. Now if she pulled my leg....

Anyway, when I tried it tonight, my CZ is secure even if I don't lock the holster, I even jumped up and down to see if the gun would wiggle. It didn't

Mga bosing baka naman may picture kayo ni Grace Tan paki post naman;) Ano na ba itsura nya ngayon? Salamat ulit:cool: :)

kf4zra
07-10-2004, 14:49
i wish i could understand what was being said in these posts. but alas, i can only read english and german.

horge
07-10-2004, 17:04
kf4za,

Hi!
Sorry! We Filipinos tend to get carried away when discussing our hobbies and passions. I'll try my best to translate some of the foregoing... Let's see, it started to fall apart (haha) just before you posted...

nyordak said:
Nice Pics horge!!! i was also there the first day... too many people! guys what brand of (imported) ammo can you recommend for 9mm cartridge for self-defense. so far, all I've seen there is the 9mm JHP CORBON +P 115GR and +P 90GR... Which is more ok between the two??? What would you recommend??? You see, I'm planning to go back on Sunday, I was sort of short on time the first day. Thanks!!!

-------------

I posted that I'd bought the 10,800 Armscor GI 1911

-------------

Eyecutter replied:
horge: so the 1911 bug bit you, too! There's no end to that now! Post pics of your Armscor GI 1911 in the Custom .45 thread once you get your unit!

-------------

Further down,
Saruman commented on a holster:
Could have saved you the gas and parking fee if you'd only listened the first time.. hehehehe
WOW!! WSM 2002!! Does that thing sport the Versa Hanger?? Awesome!!!
Wanna swap?? hehehe

-------------

Saruman again:
some people like to learn it the hard way .. peace broder!!

will make you the platform nipple this week.. but have your drill ready for it might not stand straight with the original hole.. minor adjustment of position on the inverted cup..

-------------
9MX:
no problem, i just have one request. can the color be pinkish?

-------------
9MX again:
ppts, homogenizer, deenoh, and mikey were at Urban today. They claim there's a sale on Surefire products --they got the nitrolon at P1,960-- up to july 22. deenoh to the e2e

-------------
later, EyeCutter:
9mx, I'll teach you how to adjust the tension of the locking bar on your lefty CR Speed for holster tests and such crazy maneuvers we do in IPSC so you never need worry about your pistol falling out!

You know why there isn't a detent/stop for the lock in the CR Speed design? that's because you can turn the lock halfway or all the way down to increase the tension of the locking bar that swivels out when you draw. It gives a more secure retention but you can still pull the pistol out!

Doc T, You didn't inquire with Tony pascual about his Limcat holster copy? Look at the Bianchi Hemisphere holster also, it is priced half of the CR Speed. Batangueno's lefty too and he uses the Bianchi. The lock can be adjusted for better retention but can be drawn out also.

-------------

Saruman again, on the detent/stop in the CR Speed:
Doc, is that what it's for?
We thought it was a design mistake, hehe

-------------

Finally, paltik45:
Boss-dudes, do you guys have a photo of Ms. Grace Tan (of a certain gun shop)? What does she look like these days? Thanks again!

Hth, John :)
BTW, even if I could afford three Armscors at the rock bottom price of 9,999.00 each... well, I can't afford it, so why even speculate.. hahaha!!!
:D :D :D

julianz
07-10-2004, 21:10
Nice Pics guys, have you seen the Armored white 4x4 , makaakyat pa kaya sa baguio yon ang kapal ng glass windows.
i was there the first day as well. checked HS2K ported at Stronghand,very light trigger the problem is magazine availability and it will take 3-4 weeks of processing that i cant afford to wait. jumped to PB to checked scatterguns medyo disaponted dahil sa picture lang pala maganda ang hatsan pumps i guess sa kahahawak ng mga patrons di na masyadong pogi, checked the CZ as well may makulit na LEO so went to Grace Tan. She's nice , pretty and simple pero mas pretty asawa ko. checked the STI open with OKO 200moolaas di kaya ng budget
.ikot ikot.
saw the bushmaster with glock as well aba eh ke lake pati presyo laway lang ako.
Went to NASHE just for curiosity handled the expert H&K asked the guy there bryan yata name di alam specs ng product nya . went to final option yata yun checked the BARAK IMI na lumalangoy sa aquarium mukha namang matibay kahit mukhang baby howitzer . Ikot ule then finally went to Magnificent as ever very nice ang mga personel
And Albert convince me to buy the Jericho 941F chrome and promised i can have the unit in two weeks cost me 42,000 including DTest, Neuro + license.Paid 5Thou DP the rest on the 22 of july , hope Albert (Branch manager MWGA sa Farmers cubao will live up to his promise)or else may contender na ang Nashe sa poor customer service.

Conclusion : and the Winner is Jericho 941F Chrome

Alexii
07-10-2004, 21:44
Originally posted by julianz
Nice Pics guys, have you seen the Armored white 4x4 , makaakyat pa kaya sa baguio yon ang kapal ng glass windows.

Yup, the total added weight for all that armoring is 900 kilos or roughly 18 cavans of rice. It costs 68k US dollars with 10 to 12 weeks production time. Run-flat tires are nice, costs 60k a piece though.

jmy
07-11-2004, 02:40
[QUOTE]Originally posted by julianz
went to final option yata yun checked the BARAK IMI na lumalangoy sa aquarium mukha namang matibay kahit mukhang baby howitzer .

Baril ata yun ng mga isda.

jmy

9MX
07-11-2004, 03:45
Originally posted by jmy
[QUOTE]Originally posted by julianz
went to final option yata yun checked the BARAK IMI na lumalangoy sa aquarium mukha namang matibay kahit mukhang baby howitzer .

Baril ata yun ng mga isda.

jmy

;i ;u

horge
07-11-2004, 05:27
IMI's SP 21 Barak, as aquarium-showcased by Espinelli Firearms:

http://mabma.thereeftank.com/postpics/sp21.jpg

I don't want our distant friends missing out on the full visual behind your stories, but I'm not sure I can keep up with you guys, hehe... the Barak is one ugly pistol in photos ---but when seen in the 'flesh', it's smaller than you think, and not quite so homely. The FN FiveseveN, no matter how I encounter it, pangit talaga (still ugly) for me.

horge da newb

Paltog
07-11-2004, 11:24
Went to the Gun Show this afternoon and who did I meet??? who else but the El Prez!!!... Unfortunately, there were so many people all over the place that I probably missed the other BOGS in the show...Was very awed by my confirmation of the latest toy of El Prez:) ...Was also swept by the surge of the crowd towards thw Armscor booth...they were selling export stocks at unbelievably low prices!!!...was really tempted to get a small piece to gift my mom for her next b'day in a couple of months...or for my wife who has been eyeing my G26:) ....Hope you guys had a blast during the show...

doctabako
07-11-2004, 12:03
Overheard at the Gun Show:
Girl: "You're not minding me"(sic)[said with a look of disdain and a smirk on her face]
Guy: trying to keep cool as others were watching "Nooo, hey, relax"

Lesson: Don't bring your girl to an event where all your attention is focused on something else, specially if you're in the getting to know you stage.
My wife followed me the whole time and knowing how I am around firearms was very understanding as I hardly had the time to talk to her while browsing through the selections.:)

Any of you guys saw one of the sales girls at the starfire booth? the one with the big mammas? Never mind the face;f

Its a shame I only had the time to go on one day(saturday). There's really something about seeing all those guns laid out in front of you that really makes your day ;f

attyjpl
07-11-2004, 12:48
Any of you guys saw one of the sales girls at the starfire booth? the one with the big mammas? Never mind the face;f

Its a shame I only had the time to go on one day(saturday). There's really something about seeing all those guns laid out in front of you that really makes your day ;f [/B][/QUOTE]

dok, nakita mo rin pala yung taga starfire ;) malaki ang kinabukasan nya no?;z

i was there friday with several BoG's. sayang, hindi kita na-meet.

wishful thinking: should a riot or civil disturbance erupt, the first thing that i would do is rush to megamall and get all the pretty guns that i can ;f

Hermo Gut
07-11-2004, 14:49
Nice post Horge.

Went to the Gunshow Thursday & Saturday with my wife, I was really hoping to get the Norinco 1911A1 /NP27 commander.Trust Trade has the Milspec for Php 15.1T . I ended up with a Walther P22 Target at P.B. Dionisio with the strong approval from my wife.:ladiesmn:

Eye Cutter
07-11-2004, 17:43
hermo: ingatan mo takedown latch, ang daling mabasag ng plastic. tatlo na nakita ko nasira, yung sa brother ko and 2 of our team mate's P22s. it's also very tempting to get the orig sound suppressor but accuracy is non-existent!

Hermo Gut
07-11-2004, 19:33
Thank you Eye Cutter for the advise. I'll be very gentle sa take down latch nung P22Target. Nashe has the complete version for Php 34T , they are also selling the HK USP45 mag for P6T (less 10%), grabe. Kaehny of Germany sells the HK USP45 mag, 12-rounder for only US$50 (plus shipping) with extended base pad na.

As of yesterday , ubos na yung stock nung Ranger 1911A1 parkerized milspec sa P.B. Dioniosio , ang damimg bumili.;a

Sarap nung kalderetang karne sa Casa Ilongga , merienda Purefoods Hotdog sandwich (apat yata nakain ko for 6 hours).;f

kf4zra
07-11-2004, 19:40
thank you for the translations Horge. that looks like it was a great time out there, i wish i could have been there. i cant wait till the SHOT show comes back to tampa.

John

doctabako
07-11-2004, 23:42
Originally posted by attyjpl

dok, nakita mo rin pala yung taga starfire ;) malaki ang kinabukasan nya no?;z

Had to control myself from looking at them while I was talking to her about one of their items. I was so tempted to help in carrying her huge burden;f ;f

batangueno
07-11-2004, 23:46
Had to control myself from looking at them while I was talking to her about one of their items. I was so tempted to help in carrying her huge burden;f ;f
I've been to the gunshow last thursday, friday and sunday and i still missed that. I guess i have to go there again later...hehe;f

jmy
07-12-2004, 02:21
[
.ikot ikot.
saw the bushmaster with glock as well aba eh ke lake pati presyo laway lang ako.

Don't get me wrong but I also would have wanted to get a Bushmaster if only I could have afforded it.In fact,I was offered one before I left for the U.S.A. at 130.000.00 Pesos by Nashe but I didn't get it as I needed cash for my trip.Anyway,going back to that Bushmaster with a Glock in front,personally,I don't like it.I find it kinda cheesy or baduy.I'd rather just get a plain Bushmaster.

jmy

antediluvianist
07-12-2004, 04:03
Julianz wrote " ...have you seen the Armored white 4x4 , makaakyat pa kaya sa baguio yon ang kapal ng glass windows."

Was speaking today to Mel Salazar, one of the owners of Tamaraw (security agency.)

Their big armored trucks cost about P3 million, daw. Most of the cost is the steel plates. The engine and chasis are not particularly special or expensive, daw. Of course this is fabricated by them locally, or the armored truck would cost much more.

It's made to be impervious to anything up to .30 cal. full-power rounds from an M14 (can defeat 5.56mm out of armalites easily), except in certain places that he will not divulge;f . He says the glass windows cannot be made completely bulletproof, especially against m14s. Where armored cars have been lost, it has been through the windows and then forcing the guards out.

The smaller armored cars cost less. So, not bad. For the price of a Jaguar you can have an armored car.

sniperX
07-28-2004, 22:30
Hi Mga BOG's:
Did anybody note of the vendor of the M16 HBAR's at the gunshow? I recall they were along the same row as Advanced Weaponry but couldnt remember the name and contact nos.

I lost my list and am desperate to contact them. Thanks.

riddler
07-28-2004, 22:54
Wow! Seems very organized and neat. I sure am impressed with how the vendors layout their respective booths.

The gunshows here in Texas looks like a "palengke" with most sellers just arranging their wares on top folding tables covered with a cloth or something. ;P ;P

paltik45
07-29-2004, 21:19
Originally posted by riddler
Wow! Seems very organized and neat. I sure am impressed with how the vendors layout their respective booths.

The gunshows here in Texas looks like a "palengke" with most sellers just arranging their wares on top folding tables covered with a cloth or something. ;P ;P

I agree with you KABAYAN. Even here in midwest USA most gunshows are like "FLEA MARKET" and they even have bunch of things that are not firearms related;g . The Most organised and professionaly set gunshow here in the states is the SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas. It just like the one in Megamall but on a larger scale. Can you imagine kabayan sa gunshow pa ako nakabili ng stainles na "KASEROLA";g Anyways I've been using it to Parkerised my gunparts;e .

mc_oliver
07-29-2004, 21:26
Originally posted by paltik45
Can you imagine kabayan sa gunshow pa ako nakabili ng stainles na "KASEROLA";g Anyways I've been using it to
Parkerised my gunparts;e .
;z

Meron din ba'ng maliliit na ovens for those DIY "tuff-coat" finishes? ;f

paltik45
07-29-2004, 22:11
;z

Meron din ba'ng maliliit na ovens for those DIY "tuff-coat" finishes? ;f

Aba!!! meron kabayan;) at 80% ng mga firearms na tinda nila ay rifles at shotguns;f Magsasawa ka sa Barret .50BMG and LAR Grizzly .50cal rifle.:cool: The best gunshow so far here in Missouri that I,ve been to was the KANSAS CITY COLLECTORS gun show last week. I was fortunate to see Mr. Bill laughridge of CYLENDER AND SLIDE. I got my self a vintage colt 1911 complete upper. ;f ;a

riddler
07-29-2004, 23:44
Can you imagine kabayan sa gunshow pa ako nakabili ng stainles na "KASEROLA";g Anyways I've been using it to Parkerised my gunparts;e .

You said it!!! I don't understand why there are beanie babies, jewelry cleaners and even tupperwares in a gunshow. Oh well, at least the NFA weapons and the huge array of available accessories for sale make up for the $5.00 entrance fee.

Where are you at in the midwest?

doctabako
07-29-2004, 23:56
..80% ng mga firearms na tinda nila ay rifles at shotguns;f Magsasawa ka sa Barret .50BMG and LAR Grizzly .50cal rifle.:cool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: Its times like these when I wish I could migrate;f

horge
07-30-2004, 05:51
Originally posted by sniperX
Hi Mga BOG's:
Did anybody note of the vendor of the M16 HBAR's at the gunshow? I recall they were along the same row as Advanced Weaponry but couldnt remember the name and contact nos.

I lost my list and am desperate to contact them. Thanks.

Hi snipes,

That probably WAS Advanced Weapons Systems ... their booth was so long, and rather less than uniformly appointed, possibly leading to the impression that it was more than just one individual vendor along that stretch.

Along that row on that side of the aisle, it was IIRC:

Advanced Weapons Systems, then
Twin Pines, then
Espinelli, then
Nashe, then
the Casa Ilongga Restaurant concession

I could be wrong, but that's what I remember of it.
hth,

horge

ogiebb
07-30-2004, 05:53
Aba!!! meron kabayan;) at 80% ng mga firearms na tinda nila ay rifles at shotguns;f Magsasawa ka sa Barret .50BMG and LAR Grizzly .50cal rifle.:cool: The best gunshow so far here in Missouri that I,ve been to was the KANSAS CITY COLLECTORS gun show last week. I was fortunate to see Mr. Bill laughridge of CYLENDER AND SLIDE. I got my self a vintage colt 1911 complete upper. ;f ;a

sir,

kaya ayoko pumunta ng mga Gunshows e naglalaway lang ako he he he lalo na yung makita ko yung practical model ng winchester SX2 yum yum at yung shorty na mga rock river..teka nga maka pag 3 gun this SAT.he he he.....Cylinder and slide has the best sears and disconnector all the way!!!!;) ;) ;)