07-09-2004, 08:45
they came out on 7 july 2004

firefox 0.9.2

thunderbird 0.7.2

get them here:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/

Harlequin
07-09-2004, 11:29
The websites and release notes aren't updated yet. However, the downloads are indeed the upgrades. What a pain. I wonder how many extensions won't work this time...

ronin_asano
07-09-2004, 12:01
the last time i upgraded to a minor point release (0.9 to 0.9.1 and 0.7 to 0.7.1)

i was able to reuse the same profiles and all the extensions worked from the first launch. for firefox, i did have to reinstall the flash plugin, but that was expected since the new build was unpacked to a new location.

Harlequin
07-09-2004, 16:27
Only about half my extensions worked. The rest had to be reinstalled, but they all did eventually work.

PlethoraGreen
07-09-2004, 19:20
Originally posted by Harlequin
Only about half my extensions worked. The rest had to be reinstalled, but they all did eventually work. If you uninstall the old version first and make sure NOT to delete the profile folder or install folder and then install the new version everything should work fine. Has worked perfectly for me when I do it like that.

ronin_asano
07-10-2004, 14:08
i just use the zip builds. much less complicated.

i unpack to a dir c:\ff092 for example, back up my profile, then launch the exe for the new version and check everything out. if it's not working right, i can always go back to the previous one and restore my old profile. so far this has worked well for me.

SamBuca
07-10-2004, 14:36
Actually the Windows installer is less complicated. None of the data files are kept within the program directory tree, except for plugins (which should be wiped out anyway). Upon a major version upgrade, uninstall the program through the control panel (it will even ask if you want to wipe the entire directory) and then just reinstall. All your browser configs and email will still be there.

ronin_asano
07-10-2004, 15:22
Originally posted by SamBuca
Actually the Windows installer is less complicated. None of the data files are kept within the program directory tree, except for plugins (which should be wiped out anyway). Upon a major version upgrade, uninstall the program through the control panel (it will even ask if you want to wipe the entire directory) and then just reinstall. All your browser configs and email will still be there.

i disagree. the installer builds are doing crap that doesn't need to be done.

what's more simple than unpacking the zip and launching the .exe? it's faster too.

Harlequin
07-10-2004, 16:01
Not to mention if you are switching from IE and are a user of IE Spell, getting the Firefox spellchecker to work (based on instructions I've posted links too) is harder and in some cases doesn't work.

gudel
07-10-2004, 16:33
i notice that when i click on link/image link while the page is still loading, it won't go to the clicked link. the browser wants a full complete load to process it. in IE i can click any link and it will immediately go to it. (i think this is also in 0.9.1)

SamBuca
07-10-2004, 16:40
Originally posted by gudel
i notice that when i click on link/image link while the page is still loading, it won't go to the clicked link. the browser wants a full complete load to process it. in IE i can click any link and it will immediately go to it. (i think this is also in 0.9.1)
I thought this was related to the popup blocker. Logically, automated popups happen before the page is completely loaded.

gudel
07-10-2004, 17:36
Originally posted by SamBuca
I thought this was related to the popup blocker. Logically, automated popups happen before the page is completely loaded.

it should allow opening link clicked by user.

ronin_asano
07-10-2004, 17:44
Originally posted by gudel
it should allow opening link clicked by user.

it does if you set it that way. you can also set it to allow all pop ups from a particular site, for example.

i do this for the tv guide page. when you click a program, a new window opens, which ff would block but for my preferences.

gudel
07-10-2004, 18:16
where's the option for this?

ronin_asano
07-10-2004, 19:05
tools>options then select web features. enter the sites you want allow pop ups.