I got the Hemi in me! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I got the Hemi in me!

geminicricket
07-09-2004, 23:10
Went out test-driving.

Toyota Corolla - simple and effective at moving simply. No
Toyota Camry V6 - Better at moving comfortably and smartly. Maybe
Toyota Camry Solara V6 - I liked the GPS and all the top trim options in it, and might have bought it.

All the Toyota test drives happened because the local Toyota dealer sent me a card worth a $3000 discount this weekend. When I was mulling over the Solara, I recalled that the price with discount was just about what Chrysler wanted for a 300, so I excused myself and went to the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Subaru dealer.

There, I drove a Dodge Magnum R/T. There is no disappearing discount on the Magnum R/T, it's list price is about the same as I'd pay for a Solara tomorrow if I wanted to buy the Solara. After driving the Magnum R/T, it's no contest.

The Magnum R/T moves to the top of my list.

The salesman dropped a name. He said that Deion (That would be Sanders, for those of you in Rio Linda) bought a completely loaded Chrysler 300C sight unseen. The Magnum R/T is the wagon version of the 300C. It is 100 pounds heaver, and has all the same drivetrain and suspension components. It is a WOW car. Wow, I can almost comfortably afford the WOW car that I want. Good price! Maybe next year.

TriggerRider
07-10-2004, 07:40
geminicricket - Your auto story is 'interesting' and well-written ..........however , what does this have to do with motorcycles ? ^8

geminicricket
07-10-2004, 16:51
Motorcycles? Well the Magnum R/T might be able to attract a winger off his bike.

TriggerRider
07-10-2004, 18:30
;z ;Y

chevrofreak
07-11-2004, 01:57
Originally posted by TriggerRider
geminicricket - Your auto story is 'interesting' and well-written ..........however , what does this have to do with motorcycles ? ^8

This forum is simply the "Moto Club" with absolutely no description.