glocks in rp subject to recall? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glocks in rp subject to recall?

jundeleon
07-10-2004, 09:46
Are Glocks available locally subject to the product recall? I noticed that some demo units' serial number starts with e, a batch which I read somewhere as subject to recall.

Is there a way of pre-checking the serial number of a gun, the actual unit that you will purchase, whether it is subject to a recall?

9MX
07-10-2004, 09:51
Originally posted by jundeleon
Are Glocks available locally subject to the product recall? I noticed that some demo units' serial number starts with e, a batch which I read somewhere as subject to recall.

Is there a way of pre-checking the serial number of a gun, the actual unit that you will purchase, whether it is subject to a recall?

there is link about that somewhere, maybe one of the senior bogs can point you to the right direction.

as for the dealers selling the E and C series, they are probably aiming to victimize customers who are newbies in guns. it was a good thing that PPTS799, one of the elder(but cute daw) bogs provided guidance to my ignorance at that time.;)

wunder9
07-10-2004, 11:58
Here's my experience:

When I ordered a G-34 from Casa Armas MCS late last year, I asked to see a demo unit. I was surprised to find the demo unit at Twin Pines Ali Mall (its sister company) to be E series. So I checked w/ Casa what's the prefix of the unit I would receive. They reassured me it wouldn't be E series. The unit I got had a G prefix.

vega
07-10-2004, 16:26
The E prefix which was affected by the re-call is G19 only. BTW, Glock calls it upgrade not re-call.

vega

horge
07-10-2004, 17:23
Originally posted by vega
BTW, Glock calls it upgrade not re-call.

Nice.

;f

antediluvianist
07-10-2004, 18:49
By all means you can and should ask the serial number of the gun being sold to you (I would not have agreed to an "E"), and check the serial number when you see the actual unit for the first time ,before you walk out the door with it.And make sure they are not selling you a demo unit- they tried that on me. Ask them bluntly... if they hesitate to answer..aahh

Caveat emptor, as usual.Good luck.

Alexii
07-10-2004, 20:39
Not all E-series are affected and not limited at all to a specific Glock model. GLockTalk has a list of the specific serial range somewhere in the archives of General Glocking. My G19's serial was EHZ-xxx and it wasn't affected. A call to Glock by one of the US-based fellow Filipino confirmed this.

Then again, you would want a unit out of this range for peace of mind. Make sure the dealer is aware at the outset that you won't be accepting a unit in the E range.

Yup, caveat emptor fully applies here, as with any other gun dealer.

Good luck.

9MX
07-11-2004, 03:50
Originally posted by vega
The E prefix which was affected by the re-call is G19 only. BTW, Glock calls it upgrade not re-call.

vega

ahhhh...perfection;a

vega
07-11-2004, 19:12
My G19 have EEHxxx and is not part of the "up-grade".;)

vega

mikey177
07-12-2004, 01:45
You can also call Glock's Customer Service Department in Smyrna, GA... they have a hotline number for customers who want to inquire about whether their firearm is included in the "upgrade" or not. Wait a minute, I never knew perfection had to be upgraded ;Q

9MX
07-12-2004, 01:47
Originally posted by mikey177
You can also call Glock's Customer Service Department in Smyrna, GA... they have a hotline number for customers who want to inquire about whether their firearm is included in the "upgrade" or not. Wait a minute, I never knew perfection had to be upgraded ;Q

well now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GI Joe!!!!!!!!!;b