To those who have CZ75s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : To those who have CZ75s

07-11-2004, 04:38
I (actually my dad) has a CZ 75 Compact which is about 5 years with about 5k rounds or so through it (didnt get to shoot much because of the gun bans, ptc suspensions, elections, etc but will start shooting again this month). Which parts should be replaced to maintain it's reliability for carry and defense (mag springs, etc)?

casmot
07-11-2004, 07:41
Originally posted by ian_g
I (actually my dad) has a CZ 75 Compact which is about 5 years with about 5k rounds or so through it (didnt get to shoot much because of the gun bans, ptc suspensions, elections, etc but will start shooting again this month). Which parts should be replaced to maintain it's reliability for carry and defense (mag springs, etc)?

5K rounds is not that much. However, check and replace the following if needed:

Mag springs
Recoil spring
Firing pin spring
Extractor
Slide stop

07-11-2004, 07:51
Thanks for the reply. How much would those parts cost? The firing pin spring and extractor should be replaced by a smith right? I only know how to replace the slide stop lever, mag spring and recoil spring.

9MX
07-11-2004, 08:04
Thanks for the reply. How much would those parts cost? The firing pin spring and extractor should be replaced by a smith right? I only know how to replace the slide stop lever, mag spring and recoil spring.

Better check out PBD Roces. ;)

casmot
07-11-2004, 08:29
Thanks for the reply. How much would those parts cost?

You can check the prices of the springs at Wolff GunSprings (http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html)

The firing pin spring and extractor should be replaced by a smith right? I only know how to replace the slide stop lever, mag spring and recoil spring

Yes, unless you're mechanically inclined, these should be done by a gunsmith.

You can read more info at CZ Forum (http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792)

jundeleon
07-12-2004, 03:22
Better try to shoot a few hundred rounds first before you replace anything.

If its working the way it should, then I think there's no need to fix it.

07-12-2004, 04:17
I have shot 150 rds through it last saturday and everything worked fine. I was thinking of going proactive by changing parts that are easily worn out. You never know when they're gonna break. Baka tsaka pa masira when shtf na dba? ;)

bulm540
07-12-2004, 06:44
Originally posted by jundeleon
Better try to shoot a few hundred rounds first before you replace anything.

If its working the way it should, then I think there's no need to fix it.
I second that, if it ain't brole don't fix it.

Valor1
07-12-2004, 08:48
A few hundred rounds won't hurt the gun specially if those few hundred rounds are fired occassionally or leisurely.

jundeleon
07-12-2004, 09:00
For carry/defense, maybe you could consider carrying a back up gun, say a .38 cal snubbie. Very difficult to predict equipment failure.
Proactive maintenance can only lessen the probability of equipment failure.

07-13-2004, 03:12
Yes having a BUG is always good pero angmahal ng PTCFOR. 12k PhP tapos per firearm pa ata diba? Di kagaya sa states na isang permit lang. Grabe ang korakot. ;g ;Q :(