shooting conservative [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shooting conservative

ogiebb
07-11-2004, 21:27
anybody here shoot conservative? i just came from the Georgia state match and shot it conservative i took my time and got my hits but boy did my times suffered :( luckily nakatsamba pa din ako sa Class ko (thanks STI for the FREE frame:) ) anybody here gone through this phase? is spray and pray still a very good option or tactic for matches? just want to know:cool:

jasonub
07-11-2004, 22:01
tried conservative last level 3 match. i ended up 33rd:(

without being conservative i get into the top 10. see what you need to see and move on. something i will do in the next matches.

you guys are lucky there you get to win cool prizes. here its just your name in the ppsa site and a thropy

bulm540
07-11-2004, 22:35
Originally posted by ogiebb
anybody here shoot conservative? i just came from the Georgia state match and shot it conservative i took my time and got my hits but boy did my times suffered :( luckily nakatsamba pa din ako sa Class ko (thanks STI for the FREE frame:) ) anybody here gone through this phase? is spray and pray still a very good option or tactic for matches? just want to know:cool:
congrats on your class C win. In the lower classes, hits a re more important than speed.

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 05:48
Originally posted by bulm540
congrats on your class C win. In the lower classes, hits a re more important than speed.

thanks.. being in the low class it sure was nice to win against masters and A class shooters, its just funny because in USPSA there paper masters and actual masters, some are just master class or A class but they sure suck and its more hilarious that these guys practice classifiers just to be called in the upper class ..damn finally completed all the parts i needed for a new open gun., STI contingency rewards is the best!!.i can finally stop sandbagging (he he he)next season i might as well shoot limited 10 D class he he he...here are the results cherokeeipsc.org..Kert Gaskill kicked ass;f

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 05:56
Originally posted by jasonub
tried conservative last level 3 match. i ended up 33rd:(

without being conservative i get into the top 10. see what you need to see and move on. something i will do in the next matches.

you guys are lucky there you get to win cool prizes. here its just your name in the ppsa site and a thropy

yep i hear ya..i also get a lot farther up the list not shooting conservative..nakakatakot lang kasi mag screw up

doctabako
07-12-2004, 06:31
thanks.. being in the low class it sure was nice to win against masters and A class shooters its just funny because in USPSA there paper masters and actual masters, some are just master class or A class but they sure suck and its more hilarious that these guys practice classifiers just to be called in the upper class..damn finally completed all the parts i needed for a new open gun STI contingency rewards is the best!!.i can finally stop sand bagging (he he he)here are the results cherokeeipsc.org..Kert Gaskill kicked ass;f

Impressive showing, congrats, you're in the wrong class ;f. I think those people you described are called grand baggers(classed above their actual ability). Here in Pinas, sand bagging is the usual case and this defeats the whole purpose of classification. I'm a standard class C( moved up in the last classifier) and most of the people who win in my class are really master to B class shooters judging from the overall scores in every tournament. Post pictures of your new open gun once you assemble it.:)

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 07:29
Originally posted by doctabako
Impressive showing, congrats, you're in the wrong class ;f. I think those people you described are called grand baggers(classed above their actual ability). Here in Pinas, sand bagging is the usual case and this defeats the whole purpose of classification. I'm a standard class C( moved up in the last classifier) and most of the people who win in my class are really master to B class shooters judging from the overall scores in every tournament. Post pictures of your new open gun once you assemble it.:)

thanks DocT, i was very greatful that i was not yet bumped from C class. i mean lets face it not all of us will get to GM class so why not make the most of a lower class(UTAK lang po), i know a lot of people also do it.even good shooters shoot B or C class in major matches while they are Master or GM on one division.i won almost all of the parts needed from Prize tables and local matches.at least now i know when i get bumped up B or A class at least i made the most of my lower class . bottom line is im going to have a new Open Gun almost FREE!!not all people can say that ..he he im a happy sandbagger..here's a pic from my Gunsmith im going with another 9mm shorty..cheers and good shooting

http://www.hunt101.com/img/198655.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=198655&c=500&z=1)

doctabako
07-12-2004, 07:42
Nice!:) Now you'll give those shooters(TJ, strader, and JJ) a run for the prize tables. Congrats, once again:)

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 07:51
Originally posted by doctabako
Nice!:) Now you'll give those shooters(TJ, strader, and JJ) a run for the prize tables. Congrats, once again:)

Malabo po mangyari yun sir..pag kasama mo yung mga yun sa match baka makuha ko lang shok buff at sticker (C class lang po ,tabi tabi po)he he he;f

doctabako
07-12-2004, 07:57
;f ;f ;f

mc_oliver
07-12-2004, 20:21
anybody here shoot conservative?
dre, I'm sure mas marami ka ng match experience kesa sa akin. But from my limited experience I realized everytime I try to control my shooting bad things happen. Instead I figure out how much my vision is giving me feedback on that day and let other things be as they are. ;)

Btw, ganda nung open gun sa pic ah. Shortened slide ba yan?

bulm540
07-12-2004, 20:28
It is the craze right now here, shortened open guns. They are more violent than a full lenght open gun. Got to try a shortened gun vs a limcat full lenght open gun. I still like a standard lenght gun heavy gun.

mc_oliver
07-12-2004, 20:48
When you guys say violent, is it more sound or hits the hand harder or both?

I got to try a really short 5-port gun (for Modified div.) The sound pressure is really extreme, more so if you're standing beside it. But recoil-wise, it was no different than a regular gov't-sized 1911. You just need to get past the blast and sound it was making.

bulm540
07-12-2004, 21:00
It slapped my hand a little harder than a regular lenght open gun ( maybe due to the faster slide velocity). It is pretty subjective but I thought there was more muzzle rise.

revo
07-12-2004, 21:22
You can be too conservative, di ba ?

Kaya nga triangle ang symbol ng IPSC because it means
the balance between speed, power and accuracy.

In this case, you sacrificed speed for accuracy.

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 21:28
mga Bro..i own a full slide open gun and im about to sell it.im going with a shorty. ive tried several kinds of shorty open guns including a Bedell,keal and some others pero hinde ko masyado nagustuhan kasi yung iba commander slide ang gamit kaya na short stroke. i think this is the right one for me ..derek uses a full slide cut down to 4.5 inches tapos gamitan ng short na compensator very Flat ...but powder choice and bullets also play a role in this..i like shorties because they handle like a limited gun:cool:

Bul,

nabenta na ba yung open gun nyo?

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 21:40
Originally posted by mc_oliver
dre, I'm sure mas marami ka ng match experience kesa sa akin. But from my limited experience I realized everytime I try to control my shooting bad things happen. Instead I figure out how much my vision is giving me feedback on that day and let other things be as they are. ;)

Btw, ganda nung open gun sa pic ah. Shortened slide ba yan?

Pre, ewan ko ba. parang i compare natin si Rob Leatham at Blake Miguez. yung isa sigurista na mabagal at yung isa pa sobrang bilis pero nag ma mike..

yep yan yung panlaro ni Derek one of the local Masters here cut yung slide ng 1/2 inch at ginamitan ng short na compensator..nung ipinagamit sa akin yan last week gusto ko na ibenta yung full open gun ko
;P ;P

batangueno
07-12-2004, 21:55
yep yan yung panlaro ni Derek one of the local Masters here cut yung slide ng 1/2 inch at ginamitan ng short na compensator..nung ipinagamit sa akin yan last week gusto ko na ibenta yung full open gun ko
;P ;P
Naka hybrid barrel ba 'yan?

Congrats;D ...Swerte mo...ay galing mo pala at nalibre mo na parts mo.

ogiebb
07-12-2004, 22:13
Originally posted by batangueno
Naka hybrid barrel ba 'yan?

Congrats;D ...Swerte mo...ay galing mo pala at nalibre mo na parts mo.

hinde sir. binutasan lang nya yung barrel (popple holes) medyo alangan sya gumamit ng shuemann na hybrid kasi ang laki ng porting ang daming FPS ang nawawala..

thank you sir tsamba at konting pakagat lang..mahal na kasi ang baril e ..kung saan ang libre dun ako;f ;f ;f

bulm540
07-13-2004, 05:51
mga Bro..i own a full slide open gun and im about to sell it.im going with a shorty. ive tried several kinds of shorty open guns including a Bedell,keal and some others pero hinde ko masyado nagustuhan kasi yung iba commander slide ang gamit kaya na short stroke. i think this is the right one for me ..derek uses a full slide cut down to 4.5 inches tapos gamitan ng short na compensator very Flat ...but powder choice and bullets also play a role in this..i like shorties because they handle like a limited gun:cool:

Bul,

nabenta na ba yung open gun nyo?
That's my brother's open gun. I am a limited/ limited 10 guy.

ogiebb
07-13-2004, 06:22
That's my brother's open gun. I am a limited/ limited 10 guy.

a ganun ba ..ok good for you

bulm540
07-13-2004, 06:54
a ganun ba ..ok good for you
Planning to shoot TN state match????

fox34
07-13-2004, 07:02
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ogiebb
im going with a shorty.

ogiebb, 38 super or 9x19?

ogiebb
07-13-2004, 07:08

Nope pang C class matches lang po ako e.. ;f i might be at the nationals helping out my buddy at the table kung papayagan.. hope to see you guys there it will be great to talk with some pinoys..

ogiebb
07-13-2004, 07:09
Originally posted by fox34
im going with a shorty.

ogiebb, 38 super or 9x19?

baka 9x19 sir medyo magastos ang brass ng 38 super e;)

fox34
07-13-2004, 07:10

bul, see you next month and also at Indiana State. By the way, Collin finally made B open.

fox34
07-13-2004, 07:16
[B]baka 9x19 sir medyo magastos ang brass ng 38 super e;)

Good choice. wag lang gumamit ng STI mag.

ogiebb
07-13-2004, 07:20
[B]baka 9x19 sir medyo magastos ang brass ng 38 super e;)

Good choice. wag lang gumamit ng STI mag.

oo nga sir e yung buddy ko gumamit STI mags kasi out of stock ang SV kahit saan ..ang daming sakit ng ulo ng STI mags because of the Followers and spacers needed to make the mag work..

bulm540
07-13-2004, 16:32
bul, see you next month and also at Indiana State. By the way, Collin finally made B open.
Hey it si this month. Sa July 24-25

bulm540
07-13-2004, 16:35
Got his ( Collin) Bedell shorty now.

batangueno
07-13-2004, 21:41
Open gun na rin naman pinaguusapan nyo dito, makapagtanong na rin. Ano po ba magandang combination na barrel (regular, bull, hybrid, etc.) at compensator for a 38super open gun?:)

ogiebb
07-13-2004, 22:30
Open gun na rin naman pinaguusapan nyo dito, makapagtanong na rin. Ano po ba magandang combination na barrel (regular, bull, hybrid, etc.) at compensator for a 38super open gun?:)

i would go with a regular barrel with cone compensator with around 7 ports kung medyo kailangan ng porting i would have the gunsmith do small popple holes on the barrel and a cut in the slide. yung hybrid masyado ako nalalakihan sa porting at yung bull medyo mabigat. iyou dont need much weight on these type of blasters kasi "Big stick" pa lang parang barbell na ;f ;f

mc_oliver
07-13-2004, 23:25
If you can find a thin barrel, mas okay, cone-comp ang setup mo. Marami ang gumagawa conversion to bull if you want to. Tapos start the setup with comp-only, no porting, since mey reloader ka naman, then find a good load. If you're still not satisfied, that's the time pede mo ipa-port. Start with small holes, mga 2mm daw yata.

But that's just my idea. Pede mo ipa-all out agad if you like. Tapos puro load development na lang gagawin mo. Kaso nga lang, limited masyado diversity ng powders natin dito tapos ang mahal pa ng VV.

Sa bidshot.com, meron nagbebenta ng Limcat na comp. 'Di lang ako sure kung ipina-kopya lang o orig talaga.
;)

batangueno
07-13-2004, 23:47
Maraming salamat sa advice. Ayos yung regular barrel lang, tipid pa kaysa hybrid. :)

Eye Cutter
07-14-2004, 06:50
batangueno: bakit? mag-bubuo na ba tayo ng open gun? hehehehe!!!! sige sabayan kita! Were you able to make a reservation for the SPS frame? hehehehe!!!
;K

batangueno
07-14-2004, 20:04
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
batangueno: bakit? mag-bubuo na ba tayo ng open gun? hehehehe!!!! sige sabayan kita! Were you able to make a reservation for the SPS frame? hehehehe!!!
;K
Oo, nag-down na ako kay Edna. Matagal pa siguro ito bago mabuo. :)

jasonub
07-14-2004, 20:39
on first class parts not including frame that i know i can bring inside the philippines is around 1700 dollars.

that plus an sv frame of about 38000 pesos and 15t roland tan smithing will total 151-160t.

now where can i get that much money?