Screen shots, how to??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Screen shots, how to???

lomfs24
07-11-2004, 22:59
In the recent thread, something or other about how to change the color of the start button in windows, thread, I was exposed to a program called samurize that is a system stats monitor on the side of your desktop. Now I want to do a screenhot of it and send it to my friend. However, when I do a screenshot it captures everything but the samurized portion of the desktop. For instance I will include a screenshot of my desktop for you to see, for whatever good that will do you.

Just to the right of the intel from top to bottom is a blue bar that is all the stuff, but it will not show up on a screenhot. I am using a program called Screenshot Utility. Other than that I don't know anything about it except it is supposed to be a fully functioning 30 day trial.

Kinda is a pain, I can't shoot what I want. Is there a better utility or is there a way you can do it in windows without haveing to download anything else?

ThinkOfTheChildren
07-11-2004, 23:05
I'm running WinXP and I just hit the PrintScreen button which puts a screencap on the clipboard. Then I just go to an image program and paste it in.

David_G17
07-11-2004, 23:06
what happens when you hold down ctrl and "prntscrn" keys?

try that, then open up an image editor and chose Edit -> Paste

lomfs24
07-11-2004, 23:13
Thanks guys, that was easy enough. I don't know my way around windows that well, so I am... well, I am lost sometimes when it is something simple and stupid like that. Anyway, this is what I was really trying to capture.

gudel
07-11-2004, 23:56
you have a white color background? ;P
that would just kill my eyes.

lomfs24
07-12-2004, 00:03
Originally posted by gudel
you have a white color background? ;P
that would just kill my eyes.

Cause I like the logo and I don't use this computer very much. About 10 minutes during the day and usually there is an app opened that is coving it screen anyway. I have always liked white backgrounds, It makes it look clean and crisp, IMO.

--edit-- plus it makes a good night light.

Toyman
07-14-2004, 09:20
FYI: Pressing ALT-PRINTSCREEN will capture just the active window as a bitmap to the clipboard. Just incase there's a smaller window you want a screen shot of.

HerrGlock
07-14-2004, 10:23
xv
grab
hide xv windows
2 seconds autograb.

DanH