Fubijar [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fubijar

eisman
07-17-2004, 11:07
F'd Up But I'm Just A Reservist

Added to my lexicon.

Wierdly enough, after spending the past 18 months on tour, I have lost a huge amount of respect for the Active side of the house, and remain hugely impressed by the supposidly "part-time" soldiers. To me the current active duty soldier is more interested in their career, whereas the Reservist (and I'll include NG in this also) tend to have a "let's get the mission done" additude.

The reservists seem to get more done is less time, with less *****ing, and a whole lot less ego, than any acive units I seen. And most of their units deploy broke from sucking hind tit for the past 20 years. Truely amazing.

CarlosDJackal
07-17-2004, 15:49
eisman,

I concur. I started my military career in teh Active Army and was convinced that part-time folks are just about useless. I changed my tune when I ETS'd and joined the Arny National Guard.

While I found it to be a good-ol-boy network once you get to a certain rank and in certain units. I also noticed that the mermbers of the Reserves were a lot more capable and cohesive than any Active unit I ever worked with. The "Nasty Guard" (as some called it) also had a lot more combat-oriented senior personnel, mosty of whom saw combat as far back as WWII (we had a Full-bird Flight Surgeon who actually served with in Patton's unit as a Combat Medic).

Welcome home, by the way!!

MR. Fantastic
07-22-2004, 20:58
I spent 4 years on active duty and I really never had a whole lot of respect for reservists. I grew an even greater dissatisfaction after training with them for a couple months. I noticed they were less disciplined and they would constantly brag about being able to use drugs and commit other illegal activity virtually undected. True active duty members do have egos but it's because we've earned them over actual "years" of blood, sweat and tears and not just weekends. I will pay reserve members an ounce of respect and that's because no mater how bad they do it they are still providing this country a greater service than the typical non vet civilian. Thanks nasty guardsmen.^c

hillkillr
08-05-2004, 07:11
You guys got it wrong, it's not "nasty gaurd," it's "nasty girls." I think both active and part-time soldiers deserve their respect. Although I have a freind that was in the reserve before he went active, he was reclassing mos's and wouldn't shut his mouth about how much harder we trained. For example: To qualify on the M16 range they would take the 4 best shooters, put the targets in stacks of 10, and have them qualify. Viola! 40 expert marksman. I don't believe my point needs any more proving. That was just one platoon though, and I really don't have a point anyway, just thought you might want to know.