gun barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun barrels


jundeleon
07-21-2004, 06:41
Can we order gun barrels online from overseas sources? Is this legal?

Czecho
07-21-2004, 09:39
I think you can't order them right now or you'll have to do some explaining with the Philippine authorities. online sellers are also allowed to sell as exports to other countries that is not more than $100.

vega
07-21-2004, 11:49
Barrels are considered firearms as per Phil law. Sure you can order online, question is how are you going to ship it.

vega

Valor1
07-22-2004, 05:18
I tried ordering barrels before pero I was advised that they no longer ship these items to the Phils. Many cases of lost or seized shipments daw. I tried it with other companies wherein I ordered before, same answer (ayaw din). Kaya siguro ang taas bigla ng barrels sa ibang gunstores ngayon (mukhang may shortage sa market).

07-22-2004, 07:50
Hi guys. Question. Is there a legal liability if you use an aftermarket barrel on your defense/carry weapon? Diba orig barrels have the same serials with the frame that it comes with? How about aftermarket barrels? Sorry for the newb question.. ;Q :)

casmot
07-22-2004, 09:07
Originally posted by shoot2live
Hi guys. Question. Is there a legal liability if you use an aftermarket barrel on your defense/carry weapon? Diba orig barrels have the same serials with the frame that it comes with? How about aftermarket barrels? Sorry for the newb question.. ;Q :)

No legal liability if you use an aftermarket barrel. Only the frame is the "controlled/registered" part of the gun. And not all firearms have serial nos. on their barrel.

Alexii
07-22-2004, 23:51
Originally posted by shoot2live
Hi guys. Question. Is there a legal liability if you use an aftermarket barrel on your defense/carry weapon? Diba orig barrels have the same serials with the frame that it comes with? How about aftermarket barrels? Sorry for the newb question.. ;Q :)

Actually, that's a very good question. Didn't know that until now.

:)

jundeleon
07-23-2004, 02:11
If using an aftermarket barrel doesn't require registration, then this could be one loophole for BGs to get away with a crime, murder for example.

Imagine this: A BG shoots a victim using his registered Glock with an aftermarket barrel with standard rifling that is not registered. He is apprehended and his gun is tested for ballistics, e.g. slug is matched with his barrel. The BG however had already changed to his original barrel, which has polygonal rifling. As a result, the slug would not match. And that's one less evidence against the BG.

Doesn't the PNP require gun registrants to submit sample slugs from a gun for file purposes?

Just a thought.

07-23-2004, 05:36
Originally posted by jundeleon
If using an aftermarket barrel doesn't require registration, then this could be one loophole for BGs to get away with a crime, murder for example.

Imagine this: A BG shoots a victim using his registered Glock with an aftermarket barrel with standard rifling that is not registered. He is apprehended and his gun is tested for ballistics, e.g. slug is matched with his barrel. The BG however had already changed to his original barrel, which has polygonal rifling. As a result, the slug would not match. And that's one less evidence against the BG.

Doesn't the PNP require gun registrants to submit sample slugs from a gun for file purposes?

Just a thought.

Yes thats exactly what I was pondering on! ;) Hell, people could get away with murder as long as they just change barrels! ;P Can anyone clarify if there is a law on this matter?

9MX
07-23-2004, 08:31
Originally posted by jundeleon
If using an aftermarket barrel doesn't require registration, then this could be one loophole for BGs to get away with a crime, murder for example.

Imagine this: A BG shoots a victim using his registered Glock with an aftermarket barrel with standard rifling that is not registered. He is apprehended and his gun is tested for ballistics, e.g. slug is matched with his barrel. The BG however had already changed to his original barrel, which has polygonal rifling. As a result, the slug would not match. And that's one less evidence against the BG.

Doesn't the PNP require gun registrants to submit sample slugs from a gun for file purposes?

Just a thought.

breechface print can still be use to match the gun to the ammo. unless of course BG used a different slide

vega
07-23-2004, 09:31
I know there's a written law somewhere that you need to register your extra barrel but nobody is doing it. Can't remember if I read it or someone told me.

vega

riddler
07-23-2004, 09:45
Originally posted by 9MX
breechface print can still be use to match the gun to the ammo. unless of course BG used a different slide

that is IF the shell is found!

attyjpl
07-23-2004, 10:57
Originally posted by jundeleon
If using an aftermarket barrel doesn't require registration, then this could be one loophole for BGs to get away with a crime, murder for example.

Imagine this: A BG shoots a victim using his registered Glock with an aftermarket barrel with standard rifling that is not registered. He is apprehended and his gun is tested for ballistics, e.g. slug is matched with his barrel. The BG however had already changed to his original barrel, which has polygonal rifling. As a result, the slug would not match. And that's one less evidence against the BG.

Doesn't the PNP require gun registrants to submit sample slugs from a gun for file purposes?

Just a thought.


this is a scary thought. actually, this has in fact happened before, according to my cousin who's a ballistician in the PNP mandaluyong soco team. but the BG was eventually caught because the shell was recovered and it was matched with the firing pin mark.

will ask for more info from my cousin re: submission of sample slugs to PNP. :cool:

jundeleon
07-23-2004, 11:09
Medyo OT, pero if a BG uses a frangible bullet like glaser or magsafe which disintigrates on impact on flesh, it would be nearly impossible to match the fragments to the gun barrel.
In this case, the barrel used, whether original or aftermarket, will not matter.

9MX
07-23-2004, 11:16
Originally posted by riddler
that is IF the shell is found!

agree!:)

niemand
07-23-2004, 11:17
Your pardon for interjecting. yet why would One bother? (With Barrel-Change).

Should One wish to "Noisily Dispatch" an individual, "Length-Of-Pipe" with .12-Bore Shotgun Cartridge "Dropped at Scene". Utterly "Untracable".

Your postulated scenario also fail to account for "Cartridge-Case" ejected. Yet has artifacts of Manufacture. (Firing-Pin Marking, Extractor Marking, Ejector Marking and so forth) making "Cartridge to Arm" identifiable.

No "Forensic/Firearms Control Law" ever really functions you know......

attyjpl
07-23-2004, 11:20
Originally posted by jundeleon
Medyo OT, pero if a BG uses a frangible bullet like glaser or magsafe which disintigrates on impact on flesh, it would be nearly impossible to match the fragments to the gun barrel.
In this case, the barrel used, whether original or aftermarket, will not matter.


you have a point, brod. i agree. but the average BG is generally "poor" and will most likely use cheap bullets or reloads to accomplish his criminal design. :cool:

attyjpl
07-23-2004, 11:24
Originally posted by niemand
Your pardon for interjecting. yet why would One bother? (With Barrel-Change).

Should One wish to "Noisily Dispatch" an individual, "Length-Of-Pipe" with .12-Bore Shotgun Cartridge "Dropped at Scene". Utterly "Untracable".

Your postulated scenario also fail to account for "Cartridge-Case" ejected. Yet has artifacts of Manufacture. (Firing-Pin Marking, Extractor Marking, Ejector Marking and so forth) making "Cartridge to Arm" identifiable.

No "Forensic/Firearms Control Law" ever really functions you know......


....and don't forget to wipe off your fingerprints from the murder weapon ;Q

niemand
07-23-2004, 11:44
....and don't forget to wipe off your fingerprints from the murder weapon ;Q [/QUOTE]

What?! You do not always wear Gloves? I do........