Labeling Pictures [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Labeling Pictures

Corvette
07-24-2004, 16:49
Greetings,
Can anyone tell me how they are able to put labels, descriptions, arrows, circles, etc., on the pictures they post on the internet. I'm comfortable with posting the pics, but would sometimes like to point to / highlight a particular area on a pic, and maybe even label it.
I currently use ACDsee as my photo software. Are the features I'm looking for in that software, or do I need to use a different program?

Thanks for the help,

Corvette

NetNinja
07-24-2004, 17:10
I think you answered your own post.

just about any paint program can add arrows,circles and labels.

Read the manual. In fact I'l include and example. P.S I only used the paint program that is included in every micrsoft OS.

NetNinja
07-24-2004, 17:11
Here it is.

Corvette
07-24-2004, 17:25
Thanks for the info.
Not being a computer savvy person I will seek out this "paint program" on my microsoft system and give it a try.
Are there any tricks / features I should know about in particular?

Corvette

Corvette
07-24-2004, 17:32
I think I got it ;f

Corvette
07-24-2004, 17:43
Ok, if I start off with a jpg how can I finish with a jpg? It seem the paint program wants to make everything a bmp when I finish drawing on it. I don't see the option to save it to anything other than a bmp.

Corvette

ms_iron
07-24-2004, 17:52
save as...then use SAVE AS file name (give your pic a name) and box below it will say 'file type'...open that to jpg or jpeg

Name corvette, what do you have?

Corvette
07-24-2004, 18:21
Greetings,
Maybe I'm not seeing what's there, but on the drop-down menu for the heading "Save as type", all 4 options have the suffix of *.mbp, *.dib
I don't have a *.jpg listing.

What can I do?

Corvette

'95 'vert, auto, polo green/camel

Locke
07-24-2004, 23:20
MSPaint won't save as a JPG. You can check Google for a freeware file converter to read the BMP files & re-encode them...

ms_iron
07-24-2004, 23:57
ahhh I see. I use photoshop and photo impact, I assumed the progs worked the same way. oh well. good luck.

74 vert

grantglock
07-25-2004, 08:19
Originally posted by Locke
MSPaint won't save as a JPG. You can check Google for a freeware file converter to read the BMP files & re-encode them...

sure it can.

http://siebrecht.us/~grant/images/glocktalk/jpg_screenshot.jpg

HerrGlock
07-25-2004, 10:28
http://www.irfanview.com/
(edit) Oh, not for the circles and arrows and paragraph on the back, but for conversions, stretch, resize, etc. it's fast, free and really good.(/edit)
DanH

Corvette
07-25-2004, 11:57
Greetings grantglock,
What you show is what I expected to see, but unfortunately my available options for file types are only those I listed. Maybe my Windows 98 SE is experiencing a problem???

Corvette

Locke
07-26-2004, 05:19
Aha....

WinXP MSPaint *does* have more file types; Win9x, NT, 2000 do not. Not sure about Windows Me, but I believe it has the "old" MS Paint as well.

I didn't realize that XP's supported the additional list of file types. Cool.