Dumb questions re online music & a new group [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dumb questions re online music & a new group

MB-G26
07-30-2004, 05:57
On the drive home from my sister and BIL's in TKO, Kali, we got many miles of FM radio listing to a KLOS I think were the call letters, outta LA-area. THey features several bands of local talent as part of a regular show - and one was a two+ girl bank called Dakota.

They were GREAT!
I can't seem to get the flash junk to work on their website, www.dakotaband.com - but bottom line, if they have a CD for sale I WANT IT An alternative w/be to burn DL'able, if available, on kiddo's newfangled XP, megga bells & whistles machine.

Being that I actually DO still miss MS DOS, was perfectly tweaking ini files in Win3.11, and am loath to allow P2P on ANY maCHINE - what are my options?

Is there a FAQ somewhere for the pay-as-you-go music DL sites? I'm opposed to cracking, warez, and prirocy.

All machines in use are WIN boxes, if that matters.

Pointers, being lead by the hand, and general warm-fuzzy assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm still tryin to adjust to not being up all night with Mr. Magnificant Baby Michael ::::sniff::::
An oh, how I miss him terribly :(
m

grantglock
07-30-2004, 07:54
you can listen to all of them via streaming audio if you get the flash player, otherwise you can download a few songs in mp3 format. I kind of liked them too so I downloaded them to my computer

http://siebrecht.us/~grant/dakotaband/

NetNinja
07-30-2004, 11:04
Hey those chicks can sing! I like the music.
Thanks for the link :)

MB-G26
08-01-2004, 07:13
Originally posted by grantglock
you can listen to all of them via streaming audio if you get the flash player, otherwise you can download a few songs in mp3 format. I kind of liked them too so I downloaded them to my computer

Grantglock - I am getting a DNS error in IE v6.0.2800 in XP (kiddo's new machine, custom built recently by brother in law) when I try the link. No reason IE-Spyads should have added your domain to the Restricted list - so that can't be it ... ideas? I thought his box had Flash installed.... but I'm still having to learn Xp, so maybe I'm all wet. We have those stupid separate logins - if he's got it installed under him, and I'm logged in other me, or vice-versa, might that be the problem?

Yes, they were GREAT to listen to on the radio home - quite enjoyable, too, to pick out and differentiate the different influences the band-info copy the DJ read alluded to, as well. I would like to buy their CD if they have one. Sure wish the ban hadn't set up their websites to be 100% totally plug-inware dependant, tho.
m

MB-G26
08-06-2004, 22:28
Originally posted by grantglock

What a refreshing experience, the cdbaby.com site. CD came yesterday - quite fast, extremely affordable plus their confirming emails are a riot (see thread in GNG).

I am really enjoying this two ladies' music and hope they get picked up 'mainstream'. Grantglock's mirror download was much appreciated!
m