No one in Missouri or what? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No one in Missouri or what?

double8
08-03-2004, 20:10
You mean to tell me that we cant get atLEAST 50 people from missouri together to form a club? I know yall are out there lets get it going. I am not the biggest fan of glocks, i preffer 1911's but am starting to think maybe you glock guys just dont want to get shown up by a 1911 guy like me, thats why. HAHA. Lets do something and show the other states we can pull together.

lohman
08-07-2004, 20:14
There are a few of us around the Jefferson City area that CCW Glocks. Three of us use G23s, and I am also thinking of getting a 27 also.

-lohman

ultramag
08-09-2004, 13:01
A Missouri club would be nice, but don't look like many are up for it. I CCW a 27 mostly.

double8
08-09-2004, 17:35
I live outside of Bland just 30 min east of jeff city, we gotta start somewhere. I know there are more people like us around. I do a awful lot of shooting down here, own several class 3 as well belt fed browning, Colt m16 and mac 10. We are always shooting every weekend down here, a couple more weapons would be nice.

scottMO
08-10-2004, 10:04
scottMO checking in.

Boogan, LiberHater, and Cooger are Missourians too that prob havent seen the thread. The Glock match in Sept will bring them out of the woodwork.

double8
08-10-2004, 11:53
Hey scott, how ya doin. I see you kicked some tail with that H&K saturday. That is one sweet peice of full auto toy! I wish i had a MP but havent gotten around to it YET! Glad i got to meet ya but if you go next month i am not gonna show any mercy, Im gonna kick tail(or try HAHA). Lets get a club going theres more then enough people just need to get them together.

scottMO
08-10-2004, 15:46
Double8,

Yes, it was definately a fun match. Watcing that UMP w/2rd burst was cool too. I shot single fire in the whole match cause I didnt flip the selector switch far enough. :) September's match is a bad weekend for me but it's game on whenever next time is!!

Id say we are even since you killed my time in the 4x4 contest.

scottMO

double8
08-12-2004, 11:18
I hope to see you down there again, it was a blast! I may have beat you on the 4x4 cutting but thats a no brainer. Just sight in lock the tripod so it only goes side to side and eat em up. What you did takes the skill. Im gonna try and practice on that cof, i beleive i could do pretty well if i practice a little, that was the first time ever doing anything like that for me. Heres a pic of my daughter with the beltfed. She loves it as well.

Snotty
08-19-2004, 19:19
I'm from Jackson, MO, just north of Cape Girardeau, MO, which is about 100 miles south of south county St. Louis. I own a G22 among others, but the 22 is my only Glock. I'm just a general fan of guns. I do CCW, but the Glock is too big. I carry a S&W j-frame .38. So, if we form a MO club what do we do? Do we just say we're a club or do we have meetings and events and stuff?

Snotty

Moglockguy
08-19-2004, 19:29
SW City here. Kinda on the border between OK. and AR. Don't CCW yet, but got a g19 and a g30. Never shot in any competions, but do a bit of hunting, Coyotes and Deer mainly.
Anyhow, I'm here :)

double8
08-19-2004, 21:09
If we got a club together i would like to have events as often as possible. That way we meet new people, practice alot with our choosen weapons and just have fun .

9mmPKR
08-22-2004, 11:05
Independence MO here. before too long I'll be moving to Cass County so in May I can CCW. Only a G26 for now, several friends w/ more. I'll be picking up a G17 soon...

EDIT :: 9-20-4 Tomorrow picking up G17

natrep
08-22-2004, 16:53
I just moved cross country to Blue Springs and own a G19 (ok,it's my wife's)a G20 and a G32. If we can get something going I'm in.

GunFiend
08-26-2004, 00:27
Howdy! I'm in the KCMO area. I can think of at least three other MO folks who might be interested in a MO club. Don't know if they visit here or not, so I'll pass the word. G26 is my only Glock (at the moment), but I'm in love with them, gotta have more! I'm interested if we can get enough people together.

BryanG
08-26-2004, 06:28
Count me in. I'm in the K.C. area.

Hodaka
08-27-2004, 10:04
MO here.. I'm a proud owner of a G27..

double8
08-27-2004, 10:07
If we all got together and brought a freind or two, i know you guys have some im sure. We would have enough untill then we could still get together and have some shoots.

Bruce H
08-28-2004, 08:06
I'll help with the required number. I'm up here in the middle of lots of hogs.

black diesel
08-29-2004, 01:11
I like 1911s too but I have a few Glocks and would be interested.

JPhule
08-30-2004, 14:51
If you're having trouble with numbers, why not try to throw in with the mid-west or "Heartland" group?

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270344

G27 Fan
08-30-2004, 14:59
You can count me in. I carry a 27 or a 23.

double8
08-30-2004, 16:00
Sounds like all we need to do now is find a time and place we can get together and sort things out. How about it?

ARs&AKs
09-19-2004, 17:52
Southwest Missouri checking in!

Omega Dog
09-25-2004, 06:04
Checking in--SW Mo/Ozarks Region--Count me in...

As for "club events" we could all do a 'practice' GSSF competion in July-ish and/or GSL[indoor-style] competitions July-ish to November-ish for 'fasteset time/least penalty' [just like the GSSF shoots] and use a Lewis Prize system. That might be nice because we could have friendly regional competitons [K.C., St. Louis/Columbia, Bootheel, and The Ozarks] and all side match at Hallsville every year... The GSL fun matches would be especially good for 'clubbing' as it could be done indoors or out and is informal enough to bring family or 'newcomers' to.

9mmPKR
09-25-2004, 12:47
This past Thursday I just picked up a Used G17 in "used" condition... the slide's finish has been rubbed off, and is Now Gray instead of Black as they come NIB...

Anyone know what Glock charges to refinish the Tenifer, or if it's possible? Also what the turn around time is on it?

Derrick

Omega Dog
09-25-2004, 20:53
If I recall correctly, refinishing by Glock [Smyrna, GA] is around $65.00 and take a few weeks. I'm sure the answer is on the net somewhere (that's how I found out) but I don't remember where... Give Glock a call and let us know how it turns out! See also The Glock FAQ (http://www.glockfaq.com/gunsmithing.htm).

As a side note, even if you have it refinished it will eventually show holster wear and/or fade. Unless there are scratches or dings you would liked masked, the Tenifer is bonded to the metal and the 'blacking' is applied over that so your Glock should be OK from the Tenifer/corrosion resistance standpoint. Mine is an even grey with some holster wear, has been in the rain and in the dirt [a little]. So far, no trouble here and it has (to me) a 'cherished/well used' look to it. A bit worn looking but not "used up and abused " looking. Hope this info helps.

sigman69
10-04-2004, 12:17
Belton Missouri...calling in....I have a Glock 21 and a G27

Leonard
11-10-2004, 09:55
North Kansas City here, building a outdoor range in Rayville Mo 35 miles NE of Liberty MO .Its gonna be a blast ,LOL.

Anyone looking for $ 50.00 CCW classes , pm me for info.

Class sizes are 4 people min up to 20.Certificates accepted by Clay County Sheriff Dept.

MizzouDrew
12-29-2004, 00:54
How about some info on this range? I live in Richmond. Sign me up for the Missouri Club.

BRAVHART
01-03-2005, 23:44
FORT Lost in the WOODs, Pulaski County...Whats up PEPS?

CZ-75A
01-06-2005, 17:48
I haven't lived in MO for over 3 years, but I'll vote to help you out.

big68
02-18-2005, 21:26
Blue Springs, Missouri checking in. G30 and loving it.

scottMO
02-18-2005, 23:28
How abt we plan to meet and shoot one of these weekends?? No big plans, nothing has to be organized, just a day, time and place. I primarily shoot indoors at crossfire in Independence but can travel.

scottMO

big68
02-19-2005, 13:38
Sounds good Scott. I e-mailed you so you can give me a call to go shooting.

scottMO
03-02-2005, 16:36
I have spoken w/the owners of Crossfire Indoor range about shootingas a group. We can have the range on most Saturdays from 8a-10a. We didnt talk prices to much as I didnt know how many people to tell him. It would be no more than 15.00/person and I guessing it would be less it we had 20 or so people. They have 10 lanes w/shooting out to 25 yrds? and they do allow rapid fire and full auto's (bring your own). The first shoot would be prob lots of socializing and gun swaping to let people shoot other types of guns/Glocks. In the future/ we could have some sort of accuracy competition (I hate doing to much as to not hog up the range for those only interested in "fun shooting". I dont think this facility would work/allow shoot and move type of scenarios.

The first possible date is this Saturday March 5th from 8am to 10am. I would need at least 10 shooters for it to be worth it. We could prob have up to 30 people w/3 per lane (one shooting, while the other 2 are loading/socializing).

If you think you might make it this Saturday, March 5th, please post here and e-mail direct at scocor@webtv.net so I can get a approx headcount.

This might be a great opportunity to try out some CCW holsters also. If you've been thinking about a SideArmor or Comp-Tac IWB for a G-19/23/26/27, etc you are welcome to try mine on for the 2hr shoot and get a feel for them b4 you buy your own. Between all of us, we might have most holster options covered.

scottMO

Leonard
03-02-2005, 20:32
Im interested sat at crossfire ? I am a member there also.

sigman69
03-02-2005, 21:23
Been to crossfire only like once...I would be in but I have to work on saturdays :( I used to go out to the conservation range in Blue Springs...and my cousin is a member of mill creek in kansas and go shooting with him also.

Most of my friends are Pioneer gun club members.....and I have one guy that is an FFL in KC...gives great prices on guns....like 25.00 over cost on any gun plus the shipping and sales tax of course.......and he will let you look thru all the dealer catalogs...heck that is ALMOST as fun as shooting....

John

MizzouDrew
03-03-2005, 05:43
I'd like to participate, but I work until 0430 on Saturday mornings. Not sure I could function at 0800.

9mmPKR
03-03-2005, 08:37
I too would love to go but I also work the night before, and would be getting off work at 0600 Hrs. So I also would have a hard time shooting --- (worth a damn). If I would have known earlier/ checked this post earlier I would have asked off of work, but too late in the week to do that.

Will go next time.

big68
03-03-2005, 10:58
Count me in. I will be there at 8:00 A.M. unless I hear otherwise. So far just me but I might come up with one other.

scottMO
03-03-2005, 16:28
SATURDAY MARCH 5 SHOOT CANCELLED

Sorry guys, when I called today to confirm, I was advised that the time slot was not avail.

I would suggest that everybody "subscribe to this thread" if you have not already, so that w/each post, you will get an automatic email. This might be the bestway to communicate until there is a better way.

I'm free most of sunday if anyone wants to meet and shoot anyway starting at 1p ???. We wouldnt have the place to ourselves, but could still share lanes/guns etc.

I will try to contact everyone who showed interest in Sat's shoot, but I apologize now if somebody doesnt get the message. I tried.

scottMO

scottMO
03-03-2005, 17:15
Man, we really need our own forum.

I wanted to invite everyone to shoot at 2 other "local" shooting event.

The first is a monthly meet/shoot put on by www.cmmginc.com in Fayette Missouri (1hr NW of Columbia). They offer an outdoor event that includes a designated area just for fun shooting and a 2nd area (and soon to be a 3rd area , also for tactical shooting) for tactical shoot/move scenarios. So far, the tactical shoots have been with rifles, but could be shot with pistols too. More info can be found at the above website or on www.AR15.com , discussion forums, hometown forums, Missouri. They rent all kinds of Full Auto firearms(MP5, M249SAW, Mac11, M-16's, etc) and there are plenty of people who are willing to let you shoot their guns. This is not a "Miltia" envirnment and most of us shoot in shorts/t-shirts, etc. Cost is 5.00 to fun shoot, 5.00 to tactical shoot and 5.00 for grilled lunch. Shooting starts approx 10am and goes until you want to leave. (This past Saturday, we had a first time female shooter that shot a MP5SD, M-16, Walther p-22 suppressed, and finished the day shooting somebody's Desert Eagle).

The 2nd event is a monthly pistol match, just outside of Bonner Springs KS (30 min from KC MO??). It features 3 seperate areas of fire and your score is added together to get an overall time/score. There are 3 classes of shooters: revolver, stock, and open (compensators or optics) w/ homemade trophies given out for 1st,2nd,3rd for each class. I normally shoot 2 guns, open and stock, and am home by 2p. This is a very low speed shoot with a fun group of shooters. The 3 courses of fire are normally: bowling pins, steel plates, and paper targets. The bowling pin area is normally 10 bowling pins, shot for speed, w/a manditory reload. The steel plate range is approx 20-30 steel poppers (that drop when shot). Start at point "A", engage several targets, move to shooting station "B" and engage more, etc. There is nothing like shooting steel. The paper COF is similar to the steel except there are paper targets (both bad guys and hostages). You would need: pistol, holster, mag carriers, mags, 150rds ammo per gun that you plan to shoot. Plenty of people just carry Fobus holster/mag carriers, so you dont need anything fancy. Cost is 15.00 for 1st gun, 25.00 for 2 and 30.00 for shooting all 3 classes.

Just though I'd mentions these as sometimes it's nice to get outdoors and shoot a little differently than indoors/stationary.

scottMO

GunFiend
03-04-2005, 01:16
Originally posted by scottMO
Man, we really need our own forum.

Scott,

If you're not already there (and I gather from your comment that you're not), please drop by MissouriCarry.com. As the name suggests, its main theme is concealed carry in MO, but we discuss a wide variety of guns & Second Amendment topics, and this kind of event would definitely be welcome news. We have lots of folks in western MO on the board, especially in the greater KCMO area, so I'm sure a post there would garner a positive response. We've done a KC-area shoot/BBQ/get-together before, and had 60+ people turn out, so participation is not lacking!

On a side note, speaking of events, MissouriCarry has a state-wide shoot/BBQ/get-together coming up late summer 2005 (will be located somewhere around mid-state). All gun-loving Missourians are invited to drop by the forum, register, and make plans to attend!

GunFiend
aka Madman @ MissouriCarry.com

modgun
03-04-2005, 01:22
I vote AGAINST a MO forum.

GunFiend
03-04-2005, 01:42
Beg pardon? You're referring to voting against having a MO Glockers forum here at GT, or against MO gun forums in general, and why?

9mmPKR
03-12-2005, 16:33
Went to Denny's yesterday and traded in my G17 and G26 for a NIB G36...

Will get it this coming friday.... 6 days and counting...

rick417
03-15-2005, 14:15
I'd like a Missouri forum, count me in.

High Velocity
03-18-2005, 17:05
Another KC area guy here. Don't have a Glock at this time --- can I still hang out? #wav

wargod113
03-19-2005, 00:26
Checking in from Kansas City :)

MizzouDrew
03-19-2005, 03:46
Originally posted by High Velocity
Another KC area guy here. Don't have a Glock at this time --- can I still hang out? #wav

NO!!!
(just kidding!) ;)

Steelviper
04-07-2005, 14:33
+1 from KC, MO

Frenchy
05-08-2005, 16:13
Eugene, MO...23 miles southwest of Jeff!