Air Force Security Forces [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Security Forces

GlockEm
08-04-2004, 17:03
Hi. Iím going to finish college in 2 years and I was thinking about going into the Security Forces AFSC. However, before I do, I have some questions for those that have served.

Is the SF AFSC fulfilling?
Moreover, I know enlisted members can go through OTS to become officers, but can someone go straight from civilian life to OTS?
Finally, I havenít decided if I want to go active or reserve, so what have yíallís experiences been like with either component?

Thanks for any help.

Garr
08-04-2004, 17:52
ROTC is the preferred conduit in your case. 2 years to go, maybe you can even get a scholarship for your school. If you want to guarantee a Reserve slot, see your local Reserve recruiter NOW. Officer positions can be a bear to get in the Reserves depending on AFSC (Air Force way of saying MOS) and unit.

dlupini
08-04-2004, 19:50
to answer your question you can do OTS as a civilian right off the street. However you can get ROTC to pay for your school, so why not. Also, right now there is a program where they are comissioning ROTC grads directly into the reserves.

MR. Fantastic
08-04-2004, 19:52
Why don't you go all out and join the Marine Corps securiy forces?

GlockEm
08-05-2004, 01:55
Originally posted by dlupini
to answer your question you can do OTS as a civilian right off the street. However you can get ROTC to pay for your school, so why not. Also, right now there is a program where they are comissioning ROTC grads directly into the reserves.

I was asking about OTS because I wasn't quite sure about if I had past the point where I wasn't eligible for ROTC anymore.

Originally posted by MR. Fantastic
Why don't you go all out and join the Marine Corps securiy forces?

My first exposure to the military was 3 years in Air Force Junior ROTC in high school, so you can say I'm a bit partial to the Air Force. :)