Welcome in our club...and please share your ideas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Welcome in our club...and please share your ideas

Nestor
08-05-2004, 00:54
We have our place, so it's time for some new ideas. Here is my first idea - maybe you remember holster library?
We can create our game library - when you finished to play for the six time some game, you have enough of it and don't know what to do with this game - put this title in game library - maybe someone waiting for this game and it will be great surprise for him to find your announcement here. After 3-4 weeks you will have your game back.
What do you think?

series1811
08-06-2004, 22:03
That's not a bad idea.

How about people starting a thread of reviews of new games they have found and liked or hated? I hate buying one that looks fun or that had a good looking box and finding out it is a piece of crap when you try to play it. But, it's good to find a jewel.

hy5z
08-06-2004, 22:08
Great job Nestor.

I would say that finding a game that GT members enjoy playing and forming a club or league around that interest would be the first call to action.

What games do GT members play?

(The last PC games I played were Starseige Tribes, Everquest and Ultima Online... certainly out of date :) )

Nestor
08-07-2004, 01:24
I like the idea of starting a thread of reviews of new games. Now I'm playing (sometimes when I have a little bit of free time) game called "Heart of Iron" - it's strategy about WWII (exactly 1936 - 1947).

series1811
08-07-2004, 13:54
Originally posted by Nestor
I like the idea of starting a thread of reviews of new games. Now I'm playing (sometimes when I have a little bit of free time) game called "Heart of Iron" - it's strategy about WWII (exactly 1936 - 1947).

A turn based strategy game like Panzer General and Panzer General II?

Nestor
08-08-2004, 00:51
Originally posted by series1811
A turn based strategy game like Panzer General and Panzer General II?

It's in different scale (World), you can play nearly any important country from those years. There is no turns, but you can stop the time to make your decisions and it's more political simulations than war (a lot of diplomatic actions, technology etc.).

DesertEagle
08-08-2004, 09:06
I've got Rome: Total War on pre-order, so when that comes out I'll get a review up within a week or so.

D.E.

Nestor
08-08-2004, 14:33
Originally posted by hy5z
Great job Nestor.

I would say that finding a game that GT members enjoy playing and forming a club or league around that interest would be the first call to action.

What games do GT members play?

(The last PC games I played were Starseige Tribes, Everquest and Ultima Online... certainly out of date :) )

Call of Duty? :)

tgtshuter
08-09-2004, 22:14
Originally posted by Nestor

Since this club is about all platforms (PC, XBox, PS2, etc.) , I think we need to seperate the reviews into the appropriate category, and then maybe make into a sticky for easy reference.

I personally am mostly into PC games (90%), but have an XBox too.

Also, don't forget to review mods! I recently "found" a great mod for Call of Duty - it's called Revolt.