We couldn'r resist! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : We couldn'r resist!

Bill73
08-05-2004, 11:33
We had pets, dogs and cats at the same time, for a long number of years. When the kids were gone and the last pet had to be put down I said no more. Those previous pets are all buried on some acreage we have. Then our daughter adopted a dog, our son and his wife adopted two....well you get the picture. After six years of no pets we had to have another.

This is Cassie from the local area German Shepherd Rescue Group. She was found tied to a tree without food or water. She was so weak she couldn't walk. Weighed 60 lbs. She was picked up and taken to the animal clinic where all thier dogs go. She was given a 50/50 chance of living. After two months of professional care she was placed in a foster home and her treatment continued. Two months later she was released for adoption with her weight up to 80 lbs.

When we visited her she licked our hands and sat between our feet. We melted right there. Our completed application was approved and we passed the in home interview and inspection of our residence.

She has never touched a thing in the house, was house broken and has great manners. Boy does she love to walk and ride in the back seat of my truck. She now weighs 86.5 lbs. and sleeps on her pallet at the foot of our bed.

The GS group wouldn't tell me what country property she was found on. They did same one of the guys in thier group found the previous ower in a trailer house near by and had a "talk" with him.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL524/636041/1968861/62344750.jpg

MrsKitty
08-05-2004, 17:51
There was a dog found by a neighbor here in a similiar situation last year. The neighbor had him boarded and cared for him for months. Luckily somebody who cared found him.

The people had moved out of this house and left it in the care of some real estate woman. She actually complained to the neighbor about the starving dog that she had known about for a while! When he found out, he rescued him.

I just wonder how many animals go through something similiar that are not found in time? :steamed: ;B ;1

blasto
08-05-2004, 23:44
Originally posted by misskitty5077
I just wonder how many animals go through something similiar that are not found in time? :steamed: ;B ;1

Unfortunately.....too many from what I see on Animal Cops. =((((

Dragline
08-06-2004, 09:55
Cassie looks like a terrific dog! Good on you for giving her a great home. :)

Bill73
08-06-2004, 11:41
She's a great dog and a constant companion.
Click this link and feed an animal.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa

Slobberchops
08-06-2004, 22:00
Cassie is a pretty girl!

^c

Bill73
08-07-2004, 09:16
Thanks for the compliments! I just clicked the link and provided 6 bowls of free food to a needy animal. Did you?

Bill73
08-07-2004, 18:35
Originally posted by Slobberchops
Cassie is a pretty girl!

^c
If that is a picture of your GS you are to be proud, she looks neat!

ATL Peach Girl
08-07-2004, 19:26
Bill..........

That story breaks my heart, but oh what a happy ending it has!! Sounds like she is one lucky dog. Bless you and your family for taking in this rescue.....and a "rescue" she certainly is!!!

Blasto touched upon Animal Planet's show where they rescue animals and some of those stories just tear me up!!! For every story out there, there are probably 100 that are not reported, and animals end up wasting away to nothing or dying..........

It just breaks my heart.......

Slobberchops
08-07-2004, 19:43
Originally posted by Bill73
If that is a picture of your GS you are to be proud, she looks neat!

She is a great girl! Yes I did click the link...is it .6 or 6? ^8

Slobberchops
08-07-2004, 19:47
Here's a pic

Bill73
08-07-2004, 19:52
ATL Peach Girl, thanks! She follows me where ever I go in the house, lying by my chair as I type this message.

We toured the county pound when we were searching for a pet and I don't think I can go back there. I had no idea they would have so many. They place them in the back and they move forward as the front cages are empted by adoption, or the other way. It was sad to see those in the front because we knew thrir time was short.

Bill73
08-07-2004, 20:24
Slobberchops, I bet the ball makes a noise when the dog plays with it. Pretty good looking GS!

Spen84107
08-12-2004, 21:59
Great looking german shepard! It makes me so mad when I hear about people doing that to dogs. :steamed:

Bill73
08-13-2004, 10:31
Originally posted by Spen84107
Great looking german shepard! It makes me so mad when I hear about people doing that to dogs. :steamed:

Hello up in beautiful Utah! We go to SLC once a year and visit our daughter. She takes some time off and we spent days in Yellowstone, the Tetons, the Arches and Canyonlands Nat'l monuments, etc. hiking and viewing the beautiful places. The daughter loves the outdoors and her great dog Zypher that she adopted 6-7 years ago.

Here is a picture of them on one of thier recent hikes in the mountains east of Salt Lake. We plan to visit this Fall and find some new place we haven't seen yet. I love that State!

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL524/636041/1968861/63214613.jpg

Spen84107
08-13-2004, 13:18

Here is a picture of them on one of thier recent hikes in the mountains east of Salt Lake. We plan to visit this Fall and find some new place we haven't seen yet. I love that State!

Those definetely look like our mountains! I love Utah, I don't think I could ever move. ;f Maintained camping is only 15 minutes away, and roughing it in the high uintah's is only 2 hours. ;a

Bill73
08-13-2004, 14:17
I think this is Mill Creek. Dogs are allowed off lease. Our daughter's house is about 15-20 minuets fro the trail. Those altitudes are tough on an old flatlander.

DoubleDog
08-13-2004, 17:23
Bill,

She is a beaut!!:)

DD~

Spen84107
08-18-2004, 19:22
I think this is Mill Creek. Dogs are allowed off lease. Our daughter's house is about 15-20 minuets fro the trail. Those altitudes are tough on an old flatlander.

Bill, millcreek is great. I believe they only allow dogs every other day or something like that. I grew up about 5 minutes away from Millcreek. It's a nice little canyon!

Bill73
08-19-2004, 11:26
Here's a better pic of Zypher. He must be close to 8 years now. She almost lost him this year. He chewed the cover off a golf ball and swallowed the rubber insides. Took three operations and close to $3,000 to make him well. Just shows how devoted someone can be to their pet. He loves to hike. Pulls rocks, logs and dead fish out of the streams and lakes. Doesn't look gentle but is the greatest, just don't don't abuse his master.

We leave on the 21st and will spend a week touring parts of N.E. Utah and a couple of places in Wyoming.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL524/636041/1968861/63214566.jpg