08:40 PM [Archive] - Page 67 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 08:40 PM

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72

ChuteTheMall
12-16-2012, 16:51
MOVED to Page 661

:whistling:

VN350X10
12-16-2012, 16:55
Besides, we don't "donate", rather we "Make a substantial contribution for the health & well being of the Children". And then we write it off !

As far as a perpetual -motion device, look into the Mexican operation of rat breeding & cat skinning, for the production of cheap fur coats.Skin the cats, feed them to the rats, in turn feeding the rats to the ever breeding cats, etcetcetc.....

Now if we could just get the Mexican Cat Skinners Union to donate their time, we would be good to go !

uncle

countrygun
12-16-2012, 17:18
Besides, we don't "donate", rather we "Make a substantial contribution for the health & well being of the Children". And then we write it off !

As far as a perpetual -motion device, look into the Mexican operation of rat breeding & cat skinning, for the production of cheap fur coats.Skin the cats, feed them to the rats, in turn feeding the rats to the ever breeding cats, etcetcetc.....

Now if we could just get the Mexican Cat Skinners Union to donate their time, we would be good to go !

uncle

Around here we worked out a slightly more complicated version that involves earthworms, rabbits and a catfish pond.

Those with more room substitute pigs for the rabbits.

samurairabbi
12-16-2012, 17:33
Fifty hits to go! To your action stations!

countrygun
12-16-2012, 17:37
As we approach a milestone an idea has popped into my furry brain. No doubt this is a reflection of the fourth Red Bull of the day but it might be worth considering.

It would be possible to employ the Tardis to journey back in time to the beginning of the thread and create a sort of "reversed and double twisted, "Time capsule" of sorts and insert a page of posts into the beginning of the thread wherein the current denizens could "write their name on the wall" as it were and make predictions about the course of the thread. Now in the case of lowly late arriving serfs such as myself it would induce much confusion to those who might be trying to follow the course if we had posts in the thread that pre-dated our membership in GT in general. The predictions would also be so eerily accurate that it might induce a sense (very deserved anyway) of awe at the powers of the organization. Those of lesser or short and weak caliber minds would be no doubt amazed.

engineer151515
12-16-2012, 17:37
Wow.

The Dungeon is absolutely full of brew at this point.

I think we poped a leak somewhere.

samurairabbi
12-16-2012, 18:18
WE ARE THERE!

Anticipatory raucous inebriated debauched revelry can conclude. Celebratory RIDR may now commence.

VN350X10
12-16-2012, 18:18
Fun as it would be, using TARDIS to re-write history is not permitted. Part of the deal with the Time Lords, along with no profit making activities, enhancement of collections, etc.
We can go back in time & play with the toys, but they must stay in their respective time-space areas. And we must be careful not to change history as it stands, lest we eliminate ourselves from the mix, which would in turn, alter history. A sad Catch-22 if you will.

uncle

did Eng.151515 mention something about the Dungeon being awash in "N"Sweat Lager ??

_The_Shadow
12-16-2012, 18:20
I'm sure things will be licked up down there shortly! :director: Free Brew Snort! "Suck it Up!"

samurairabbi
12-17-2012, 06:20
I'm sure things will be licked up down there shortly! :director: Free Brew Snort! "Suck it Up!"

The SUPPOSED accidental libation overflow problem in the Dungeon production area is actually a clever plot to keep the 10-Ringers mellow during the transition from the end of the millionth hit blowout until the start of the Mayan calendar end of the world party.

I am mildly surprised they were that easily misled.

_The_Shadow
12-17-2012, 18:08
Thanks to the Pee-ons who Sucked Up the leaked libations! The effort was dually noted! :whistling:
Due to the recent SUPPOSED accidental libation overflow problem in the Dungeon production area, the 10-Ringers had a slight proplem with overflow cleanup on Isle 5, this resulted to several restroom trips by the 10-Ringers...This test of the recycling facilities prior to the start of the Mayan calendar end of the world party, has proved satsisfactory given the shear volume deposited in the recyling rooms!
:toilet:

samurairabbi
12-17-2012, 22:43
SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE NOTICE

The Dungeon peons will soon be making the libation transition FROM the millionth hit blowout TO the Mayan calendar end of the world celebration. This transition will require that, for a fifteen minute period, libation delivery service time will increase from the standard three seconds to an admittedly substandard 4.8 seconds. While we LSMPS(BBB)DPs regret this inconvenience, the maintenance of the sterling Lagoon party reputation makes this delay necessary.

We appreciate your understanding.

ChuteTheMall
12-17-2012, 22:50
I didn't want to brag, but I was the millionth viewer.:elephant:

Well, maybe.

samurairabbi
12-17-2012, 22:59
I didn't want to brag, but I was the millionth viewer.:elephant:

Well, maybe.
Nobody can prove you were NOT the millionth viewer!

You just got first dibs; that counts for SOMETHING!

VN350X10
12-17-2012, 23:09
O.K. so now we go for 1,000,000 POSTS !!

samurairabbi
12-18-2012, 04:05
O.K. so now we go for 1,000,000 POSTS !!

I counsel restraint in padding post count. Generating THAT level of activity is more the style of the common-rabble-9-and-40 crowd.

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 06:06
I counsel restraint in padding post count. Generating THAT level of activity is more the style of the common-rabble-9-and-40 crowd.

+1 to that

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 06:07
I mean, I've always been opposed to padding post counts.

samurairabbi
12-18-2012, 10:34

Your steadfast opposition to this practice is noted.

On a different subject: the transition between partying blowout themes was accomplished with less than expected hassle. The libation service lag was held to 4.5 seconds at its longest, well under that deplorable 4.8 seconds we had projected.

countrygun
12-18-2012, 10:53

Oh, what do you call it ?

countrygun
12-18-2012, 10:54
I mean, when you see someone else do it?

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 17:34
pcipc

:postingqueen:

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 17:38
pcipc = post count is post count

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 17:39
gomo
:fred:

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 17:39
gomo = got one more on

:popcorn:

ChuteTheMall
12-18-2012, 17:40
MOVED to Page 662

:tongueout:

MinervaDoe
12-18-2012, 20:47
Fun as it would be, using TARDIS to re-write history is not permitted. Part of the deal with the Time Lords, along with no profit making activities, enhancement of collections, etc.
We can go back in time & play with the toys, but they must stay in their respective time-space areas. And we must be careful not to change history as it stands, lest we eliminate ourselves from the mix, which would in turn, alter history. A sad Catch-22 if you will.
Predictions are a precarious paradox prescription.

Time to party ....
:wave::grill::music::wave:

VN350X10
12-18-2012, 21:53
And I wasn't thinking in terms of padding the post count, rather ACHIEVING it !

Let's see some hustle out there people !

samurairabbi
12-19-2012, 04:58
Actually, Unkle, your achievement goal, while noble, would probably divert us too much from our RIDR, embezzlement, and scholarly research objectives. I counsel staying with our current game plan.

VN350X10
12-19-2012, 11:32
Rabbi,Rabbi,Rabbi.......you must change your thinking.
You're just looking at the short-term. I'm now embracing the thoughts of the Chinese, who plan loooooooong term, You know, the part about:

Plan for 1 year, plant rice
Plan for 100 yrs. plant a tree
Plan for eternity, educate the children

Not an exact translation or quote, but the point is clear.
Just think HOW MUCH the Operation will have gained in the time it takes to make a million posts !!

Don't think of it as a diversion, think of it as an investment !

uncle

samurairabbi
12-20-2012, 03:02
Thank you, Unkle. Your timely counsel may have just saved me from a descent into perdition.

As my transition from lowly Dungeon type to full 10mm credentialed status proceeds, it is possible that at times I may lose touch with my LSMPS(BBB)DP heritage, and become vulnerable to the enticing trap of reacting to events in the manner expected of a salacious 10-Ringer (pardon my redundancy). Your counsel can keep me focused on the true purpose of existence: ripping off from the 10-Ring cash flow!

I shall move forward, refreshed and invigorated, with my eyes firmly focused on the true purpose of my existence ... with only occasional lapses into the debauched partying that is the icon of the 10mm state of being.

VN350X10
12-20-2012, 21:35
Just another friendly service !

LASTRESORT20
12-20-2012, 22:02
http://www.wheninmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hillary_clinton.jpg

James Brown - I Feel Good - Karaoke - YouTube

_The_Shadow
12-20-2012, 22:02
Seeing how we only have a little more time till the "END OF THE WORLD"
I'd like to take this opertunity to say "Same Time, Same Place in the 10Ring !" :tongueout:
If not, nice to have had the fun and good times here!
C'est la vie...:wavey: :patriot::tequila::grouphug:

samurairabbi
12-21-2012, 03:26
LAST MINUTE ADMIN ITEM

The Mayan scuzzbucket sleazeball whose proclamation started this whole shtick was not clear on whether the world ends on the 21st or the 22nd. Since our peak partying period may therefore extend over TWO days rather than one, the Dungeon embezzlement rate will be slightly increased this weekend to cover the.additional float. We trust the 10-Ringers will understand.

_The_Shadow
12-21-2012, 08:34
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/62158_404968156252088_977909923_n.jpg

samurairabbi
12-21-2012, 14:18
MAYAN CALENDAR END OF THE WORLD DEBAUCHERY UPDATE

Dungeon Legal has just past along an alert that deriding the common rabble nine/forty shooters MAY be reclassified to be a hate crime. So get your cheap shots in NOW, while they're still legal.

LASTRESORT20
12-21-2012, 14:31
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/38/3697/640/bunny.jpg

http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2010/october/550x-bigimpact-postponed-1.jpg

countrygun
12-21-2012, 14:43
MAYAN CALENDAR END OF THE WORLD DEBAUCHERY UPDATE

Dungeon Legal has just past along an alert that deriding the common rabble nine/forty shooters MAY be reclassified to be a hate crime. So get your cheap shots in NOW, while they're still legal.

Let us not be too harsh or quick in our criticism of those of lower standards, they serve a purpose. Some body has to get rid of all that 9mm and .40 ammo that factories keep turning out.

It is sort of like the guys who date fat chicks from trailer parks. If it weren't for them there would be hoards of fat chicks, roaming the streets and dragging unwilling men into alleys and performing unspeakable acts upon them. (If you actually LIKE that kind of thing I do know how it may be organized for a nominal cost)

so it is with the 9 and .40 somebody has to do it and better those that know no better than others, of more discerning tastes, being forced to perform such shameful acts.

samurairabbi
12-21-2012, 15:13
Hmmm ... The common-rabble-9-&-40-shooter as an ecological recycling environmental benefit! This concept has commercial possibilities with the 10-Ring/Dungeon sphere of financial activity. We'll get on it after this current series of blowouts has ended.

VN350X10
12-21-2012, 22:21
Official Technical Note:

The Mayans blew it......

..........continue partying !!

uncle

MinervaDoe
12-21-2012, 23:02
I must have blinked and missed it. :faint:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/Minervadoe/WorldEndsDrudge.jpg

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 01:27
Official Technical Note:

The Mayans blew it......

..........continue partying !!

uncle
Today ain't over yet!

Continue partying, though.

countrygun
12-22-2012, 02:01
Did the Mayans account for Leap Years?

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 02:15
Yes ... And for federal holidays.

countrygun
12-22-2012, 02:27
Yes ... And for federal holidays.

I have it on good authority that all of these people misunderstood and mistranslated the whole Mayan calendar thing. Now according to my source the proper warning was that "sometime near 12/21/2012 Twinkies will no longer be available."

_The_Shadow
12-22-2012, 07:44
Dead that Twinkie of you eye loose the sparkle? Ding Dong Hostess is dead!

Twinkie in a Ding Dong World - YouTube

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 13:42
ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENT

We are approaching the transition between the LAST of the End Of The World Blowout post-parties and the FIRST of the Xmas Celebration pre-parties. I am proud to announce that there will be NO delays in the beverage service cycle times during this approaching transition. That increase from 3 seconds up to an unseemly 4.5 seconds has been relegated to distant memory status.

We thank you for your patience on this item.

VN350X10
12-22-2012, 17:42
countrygun is correct, as the Mayans had no provision for "leap year" as we call it, in their system.
To counteract this, ALL personal vacation days are cancled & partying is to contnue unabated until the end of the World does happen, or further notice.

uncle

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 18:57
countrygun is correct, as the Mayans had no provision for "leap year" as we call it, in their system.
To counteract this, ALL personal vacation days are cancled & partying is to contnue unabated until the end of the World does happen, or further notice.

uncle

There is an important exception to this cancellation policy: if you had scheduled vacation time to attend a party at ANOTHER venue, your vacation approval will stand. Such other-party activity is an important aspect of our research effort to keep OUR partying up to date.

countrygun
12-22-2012, 19:05

uncle

Excellent notion. This gives a reasonable "margin of error" to prevent embarrassment caused by assuming a total correlation of dates without allowing for an inverse ratio of multiplicable variables.

Of anyone we should be aware of this it should be us. It would be very damaging to our reputation if we were to prematurely end the celebr...err preparations

VN350X10
12-22-2012, 19:30
Rabbi, I believe that you're confusing "vacation" with "rersearch".
Doing research at another venue's party is covered in paragraph 6, sub section c, and is also deductible & can in fact be requested as being re-imbursable, as far as travel & lodging expenses are concerned.
This can be expidited by submitting a "Graft & Corruptiion" form directly to the Penthouse fiscal staff, eliminating the need to run it thru Dungeon accounting, saving us bookeeping time & expense. When Pent.fiscal enters it into their acct's. payable, a DUPLICATE payment is generated that goes directly into Dungeon R&D, which then transfers into Engineer 151515's "N"SweatLager production expense acct.
ergo, Penthouse pays for OUR brewski DIRECTLY, with zero expense to us.

uncle

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 19:58
Unkle, that is an inspired concept: embezzling from the embezzlers! I like it!

An extra ration of grog to you tonight.

VN350X10
12-22-2012, 21:15
Thank you Rabbi, and a plesant evening.

I have a rather LARGE gunshow to work/attend in the AM.
Goodnighht.

uncle

Trapped_in_Kali
12-22-2012, 21:33
I would like to make a formal complaint, my refill took 3.335 seconds!

ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENT

We are approaching the transition between the LAST of the End Of The World Blowout post-parties and the FIRST of the Xmas Celebration pre-parties. I am proud to announce that there will be NO delays in the beverage service cycle times during this approaching transition. That increase from 3 seconds up to an unseemly 4.5 seconds has been relegated to distant memory status.

We thank you for your patience on this item.

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 22:22
I would like to make a formal complaint, my refill took 3.335 seconds!

Fill out the proper complaint form (in quintuplicate) and submit it for consideration. My personal hunch is you were too soused to correctly handle the stopwatch.

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 22:40
Thank you Rabbi, and a plesant evening.

I have a rather LARGE gunshow to work/attend in the AM.
Goodnighht.

uncle
If you are working a table selling AR mags, exercise caution. I would hate to have you admitted to an ER with footprints all up your back!

Trapped_in_Kali
12-22-2012, 23:27
Fill out the proper complaint form (in quintuplicate) and submit it for consideration. My personal hunch is you were too soused to correctly handle the stopwatch.

I drink not much to time be stop watch keep time correct me time drink!:drink:

samurairabbi
12-22-2012, 23:45
I drink not much to time be stop watch keep time correct me time drink!:drink:
I rest my case!

VN350X10
12-23-2012, 17:15
Rabbi, I bought 3 pmag's @ $18.00/ea, but by the end of the show, they were being offered @ $40.00 or so.
I work for the promoter of the show & as such am in before the vendors, giving me a good shot at stuff BEFORE it becomes outrageous.:wavey:
These 3 were purchased for a good customer from our retail store, and I'm not going to make a dime on them. We didn't try to gouge any of our customers, as we have a rather stable base. And when all of this panic buying subsides, they WILL remember who didn't try & screw them over.
One vendor was selling 62 gr SS109 for the price of $1.00/ per round !:faint:
We don't do that sort of thing & we have about 98% repeat customers. And we STILL make money. Lots of it !
Oh yeah....one area dealer was offering his last completed AR lower at $1000.00, cash only ! After this subsides, his business is going tank, I'm sure. Customer do remember..:steamed:.

uncle

samurairabbi
12-23-2012, 19:38
Well played, Unkle! The world does indeed comprehend the clear distinction between gracious embezzlement and flagrant ripoff.

Did you form a judgment of what price was being actually PAID for pmags when the inflation started kicking in late on the show? There is the old saying: they talk about value, they do business at PRICE.

The guy pushing the thousand dollar last complete lower shall be excluded from the debauched 10-Ring Lagoon party list.

VN350X10
12-23-2012, 20:32
Several did, in fact trade hands at the $40.00 level, but I was able to get to my supplier before the speculators did. I did take all that he had in stock, which was the 3 pcs. But at this level I will have a happy, repeat customer, who I had sold a complete lower to last week.....at the un-inflated price of $260.00. We made money on the transaction & all are happy. He already had an upper, so the mags complete his package.

uncle

countrygun
12-23-2012, 20:42
Well played, Unkle! The world does indeed comprehend the clear distinction between gracious embezzlement and flagrant ripoff.

Did you form a judgment of what price was being actually PAID for pmags when the inflation started kicking in late on the show? There is the old saying: they talk about value, they do business at PRICE.

The guy pushing the thousand dollar last complete lower shall be excluded from the debauched 10-Ring Lagoon party list.

So very true. One of the principles of successful embezzlement if to not humiliate the donor. It is far better for the long term and repeated endeavor if the mark walks away saying "look what I got" rather than saying "Look at what I had to pay for this".

The sign of success is when they return with a smile eager to repeat the experience.

_The_Shadow
12-23-2012, 21:02
Those evil 30 round mags and those assault rifles, are just not needed...Till the gangs or illegal immigrants rise up or terrorist attack us again! Just remember there is a rifle behind every blade of grass!

If only the idiots would realize everytime some enraged mentally ill person or criminal mind, decides to do an unspeakable acts to break the laws of man and god, the media and the government feels it needs to disarm law abiding citizens or take away something from us gun nuts. Who are the gun nuts? They are Law enforcement, military, fire service, EMS, (active and retired) they gun manufactures, collectors, competition shooters, hunters and yes just plain old ordnary people who want to exercise their second amendment freedom for to provide self defense for themselves and family. We get the 5th degree, everytime at the expense of the medias' constant horror show when they demonize the gun, enticing the uneducated public into believing their gun control mission is the answer.

This article by Larry Correia is long but conveys a good message... Please share it with others
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

samurairabbi
12-23-2012, 21:09
The sign of success is when they return with a smile eager to repeat the experience.

True in financial dealings ... and also true in more "intimate" affairs.

samurairabbi
12-23-2012, 21:31
Several did, in fact trade hands at the $40.00 level

uncle
So we now have a morning line on AR mag prices: doubled in a week.

ChuteTheMall
12-24-2012, 08:50

True in financial dealings ... and also true in more "intimate" affairs.

http://i39.tinypic.com/w7zd60.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/xlfl7n.jpg

_The_Shadow
12-24-2012, 09:29
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have enjoyed this meeting place we call the 10Ring, as the people here make it what it truely is... [;)]
May you and your family be blessed with peace, prosperity, safety, health and warmth as you enjoy the spirit of this Christams season as we close this year and advance to the New Year! [:D]

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/388215_184037011685841_1124509786_n.jpg

MinervaDoe
12-24-2012, 14:44
This article by Larry Correia is long but conveys a good message... Please share it with others
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/
Thanks for posting that.

VN350X10
12-24-2012, 21:38
Somehow, Elvis the Red Nosed Gator just doesn't QUITE have the poetic ring to it, but it still gets the point across.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of my friends here in the 10 Ring !

uncle & Auntie

engineer151515
12-24-2012, 21:49
Merry Christmas
From the Dungeon Engineering Crew, the Dungeon Production Crew, the Dungeon Maintenance Department and BB60

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9779/20121223153810.jpg

samurairabbi
12-24-2012, 21:54
... And I quote from a six year old Jewish boy:

God rest ye, Jerry Mandlebaum!

VN350X10
12-24-2012, 22:03
Or the Christmas Carol about the scratchy, bad pooch.....

"Fleas, naughty Dog"

countrygun
12-24-2012, 22:18
Roses are reddish

violets are bluish

if it wasn't for Christmas

we'd all be Jewish.

samurairabbi
12-24-2012, 22:59
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schitzophrenic
And so am I

(not exactly in the holiday spirit, but THIS thread is unusual!)

ChuteTheMall
12-24-2012, 23:48
MOVED to Page 664:santa:

Bullman
12-25-2012, 06:40
Merry Christmas, we are just about to turn the kids loose on what Santa brung um. I need a drink of something, probably some earl grey.

VN350X10
12-25-2012, 10:48
Jesus was a Jew......

How many more Hispanic Hebrews can you name ?

Bullman
12-25-2012, 11:19
The Apostle Juan

ChuteTheMall
12-25-2012, 11:23
Pedro, Paulo, Juan, y Maria

samurairabbi
12-25-2012, 11:57
Okay, I'm hijacking the holiday discussion theme!

What is the most improbable scene ever portrayed in an American movie?

In West Side Story ... Tony yells Maria in a Puerto Rican neighborhood, and only ONE woman comes to the window!

countrygun
12-25-2012, 12:14
Okay, I'm hijacking the holiday discussion theme!

What is the most improbable scene ever portrayed in an American movie?

In West Side Story ... Tony yells Maria in a Puerto Rican neighborhood, and only ONE woman comes to the window!

ANY movie involving a murder victim being found on the streets of New York that is identified because there is still a wallet.

VN350X10
12-25-2012, 18:00
Bullit.......Dodge Charger.....14 hubcaps.

samurairabbi
12-25-2012, 18:29
Bullit.......Dodge Charger.....14 hubcaps.

Actually, only five ... but who's counting!

Bullman
12-25-2012, 18:42
The opening scene of blazing saddles. :supergrin:

Slim Pickens was a genius.

_The_Shadow
12-26-2012, 08:55
Well, looking FORWARD (as Obama says) to the New Year's Blowout party! Can you believe it will be 2013...:wow:
This years' party should top all previous Lagoon Festivities. The Swedish Bikini Team is set to open the event...something about a "NEW" drink the "Poo Poo Float" (said to be bits of baby ruth floatinging in Yoohoo with a twist?)
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5057256054196163&pid=1.7
for the 9 and 40 crowds served in the area called the "Cesspool"...:drowning:

It should be understood that those in the "Cesspool" area can not just arbitrarily leave that area without a full Haz-Mat decon...:shower:

Bullman
12-26-2012, 09:51
Well, that drink might be better with a little Kahluha.

Bullman
12-26-2012, 09:55
Given our proximity to "that" page number coming up I thought it might be prudent... if a 10 ringer can even function near a level called prudent... that we should discuss some sort of action plan to get through "that" page as quickly as possible. It's not that I am superstitious or anything, well, maybe I am, I would just not care to dwell on "that" particular page number, if you know what I mean.

I was thinking maybe we could have an action team in place to post a large number of posts so that we can spend as little time as possible on "that" page. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the topic?

samurairabbi
12-26-2012, 18:55
Turn your terminal upside down. Then you would be on page 999.

countrygun
12-26-2012, 19:12
I move that we ban images of the Hildebeast on that page, it might become sort of a conjuring spell that would summon it.

VN350X10
12-26-2012, 19:44
Rabbi, watch "Bullit" in freeze frame, it's actually 7 or 8 hubcaps. And it misses the gas pumps too !:wow:

Now back to the partying at hand:wavey:

samurairabbi
12-26-2012, 20:12
I suggest we convene a Supplemental Plenipotentiary Tribunal to consider this hubcap issue.

The gaspump inconsistency was already known to me.

VN350X10
12-26-2012, 20:19
Due to the importance of the upcoming New Year's Eve Lagoon Blowout, I would lilke to put the Tribunal on hiatius, at least until 1-15-13.
This to permit a sober quorum to conviene. Never mind,..... scratch that last remark, it wouldn't happen anyhow.......

samurairabbi
12-26-2012, 20:32
Due to the importance of the upcoming New Year's Eve Lagoon Blowout, I would lilke to put the Tribunal on hiatius, at least until 1-15-13.
This to permit a sober quorum to conviene. Never mind,..... scratch that last remark, it wouldn't happen anyhow.......

Actually, the hiatus would have to run longer than that. The 8:40PM Twelfth Anniversary Blowout would be happening about that time.

VN350X10
12-27-2012, 19:33
2-15-13 ??

samurairabbi
12-27-2012, 21:14
2-15-13 ??
February 30th would be even better.

MinervaDoe
12-27-2012, 23:36
Okay, Bullit trivia ..... here we go .... Were the Mustang's valves floating, or was the ignition cutting out?

samurairabbi
12-28-2012, 05:02
Okay, Bullit trivia ..... here we go .... Were the Mustang's valves floating, or was the ignition cutting out?

... or was the director simply fond of neat sound effects?

How did the chase end up in Marin county without crossing the Golden Gate Bridge?

VN350X10
12-28-2012, 21:05
I would have to speculate that McQueen was flogging the 'Stang so hard that he was floating the valves. Easy to do in a 390 c.i.d. FoMoCo big block.....they're made for torque, not revs !

samurairabbi
12-29-2012, 09:45
Can anyone provide an estimate of how fast the cars in the chase were ACTUALLY going on that final "country" chase sequence? Since the camera vehicles paralleling them had to deliver quality bounce-free film, that must have limited the actual speeds.

VN350X10
12-29-2012, 19:16
Remember that movie cameras have gyroscopic stabililzers in the carriage, so they are steady at speed.
In another McQueen flick, "LeMans", a Ford GT 40 was used as a camera platform, and the cars WERE very close to actual racing speeds, some of the footage was shot DURING the actual LeMans race.
But in answer to the posed question, I really don't know. Possible research subject for a technical inquisitiion of sorts.

uncle

samurairabbi
12-29-2012, 19:54
Remember that movie cameras have gyroscopic stabililzers in the carriage, so they are steady at speed.
In another McQueen flick, "LeMans", a Ford GT 40 was used as a camera platform, and the cars WERE very close to actual racing speeds, some of the footage was shot DURING the actual LeMans race.
But in answer to the posed question, I really don't know. Possible research subject for a technical inquisitiion of sorts.

uncle
... And even if the technical inquisition cannot provide an answer, the associated partying supporting the inquisition should be epic!

VN350X10
12-29-2012, 21:14
I'm willing, in the name of science, to party in a Ford GT @ 200 MPH.
All in the name of science.
I'll even renew my S.C.C.A. National Competition license for the effort.
I think I can still pass the physical.

uncle

cookand
12-29-2012, 21:28
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f-ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of *******s this side of the nuthouse". ~ Clark W. Griswold

VN350X10
12-29-2012, 21:31
You must have missed all of the previous posts.......

You're IN that nuthouse !

You must read from the very 1st post to get the true meaning of this thread.

uncle

ChuteTheMall
12-29-2012, 21:34
How did the chase end up in Marin county without crossing the Golden Gate Bridge?

They took the scenic inland detour, but left theexcess footage on the editing room floor.

countrygun
12-29-2012, 22:00

uncle

I some how am not worried about you passing the physical portion....

cookand
12-29-2012, 22:10
You must have missed all of the previous posts.......

You're IN that nuthouse !

You must read from the very 1st post to get the true meaning of this thread.

uncle

I may or may not have read this entire thread, but my quote from Clark is ALWAYS relevant.:supergrin:

samurairabbi
12-30-2012, 06:37

uncle

Aw c'mon, Unkle! You're gonna demean the honor of 8:40PM by wimping out at a measly 200! You would profane the memory of the seven liter Ford GT at Lemans when AJ Foyt and Dan Gurney took it to 220 on the original UN-chicaned Mulsanne straight! I beg you, preserve the sanctity of our memory of unmatched greatness!

VN350X10
12-30-2012, 15:23
fat fingers,double post

VN350X10
12-30-2012, 15:25
True, but Dan & A.J wern't partying, they were at work !:wow:

FWIW.....the GT 40 MK IV that Dan & A.J drove sits in the Ford collection, not on public display. Other than draining the gas & oil & a wash job, the car is as it finished & WON at LeMans !:supergrin:
Change tires, add fluids, fresh battery & it's ready to race ! George Stauffer from Blue Mound WI has probably the largest collection of Ford GT race cars in existance & has tried to buy this car on numerous occasions.
George doesn't just collect them, he's a frequent competitor at the historic races at Road America in Elkhart Lake WI. from personal experience, after the races he puts on one hell of a party at the track for racers & workers. Been there, Done that !
Besides racing, uncle worked tech & safety for S.C.C.A. for a number of years.

(note to countrygun....my Dr. says I can pass the S.C.C.A. physical):wavey:

countrygun
12-30-2012, 15:53
The S.C.C.A. limits it to just "physical" condition?

VN350X10
12-30-2012, 15:55
Correct. They really don't care about mental state, they just don't want you to coronary on the track.

Bad PR, don't you know.

samurairabbi
12-31-2012, 00:18
Unkle, your distinction between PARTY driving and WORK driving is valid.

We do request that when you are party driving, you wear a party hat. We are concerned that the marginally coherent 10-Ring celebrants (pardon my redundancy) may think that doing a mere 200mph is the limit of your competitive capability; a prominent party hat on your head while driving in party mode would eliminate such possible confusion.

countrygun
12-31-2012, 00:39
Correct. They really don't care about mental state, they just don't want you to coronary on the track.

Bad PR, don't you know.

Ah so, yes, I have noticed that to be a pattern in many fields of endeavor. I find it most curious that, IME, some of the fields a certain amount of instability would seem to naturally require a deviation from the norm, yet these are the fields that take pains to convince others of the opposite.

Other fields such as hurling a vehicle at high rates of speed, one would assume a certain level of sanity to be a requisite,(not to be confused with reckless abandon) yet it seems to be of no concern.

One would think that their contracts would contain a sanity clause, but apparently not.

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 04:20
One would think that their contracts would contain a sanity clause, but apparently not.

Sorry, kid, there ain't no sanity clause.:santa:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 04:21
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/9683_490601324324239_1676781061_n.jpg

countrygun
12-31-2012, 11:56
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/9683_490601324324239_1676781061_n.jpg

if the potus had a son...........

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 21:32
Rabbi, I in fact DO have a suitable party hat.....A Bell Super Magnum, with a current Snell rating. It goes well with the party suit, made of triple layer flame resistant Nomex.

uncle

samurairabbi
12-31-2012, 21:52
Rabbi, I in fact DO have a suitable party hat.....A Bell Super Magnum, with a current Snell rating. It goes well with the party suit, made of triple layer flame resistant Nomex.

uncle

Throw some temporary pink and purple decals on it for the duration of your party driving. We need to convince the.minimally coherent 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) that you are indeed in party mode when you are creeping along at a measely 200 mph!

countrygun
12-31-2012, 21:59
It needs a propeller on top

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 22:08
Well, the name on it is in blue/red "bubble" type lettering & reads "FAT ALBERT" so it's about as close to purple as it's going to get.
As far as a propeller, that won't work, as it occasionally gets used for an open car, and since FIA ruled against Jim Hall & the Chapperall with regards to "movable areodynamic devices" it would, in fact, cover the addition of a propeller. Sorry.

uncle

MinervaDoe
12-31-2012, 22:09
It's New Year somewhere.

:wave::music::cheers::banana::broccoli::wave:

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 22:11
Just in case, I'm sitting here with a rather LARGE BloodyMary, made with Beefeater Gin !

as soon as I'm done typing this, I'm headed to the kitchen for a refill, as this one is now defective.

uncle

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:15
:bump::banana:

MinervaDoe
12-31-2012, 22:16
Can anyone provide an estimate of how fast the cars in the chase were ACTUALLY going on that final "country" chase sequence? Since the camera vehicles paralleling them had to deliver quality bounce-free film, that must have limited the actual speeds.

Possible research subject for a technical inquisitiion of sorts.
:wow:
The director called for speeds of about 75-80 mph, but the cars (including the ones containing the cameras) reached speeds of over 110 mph.
Filming of the chase scene took three weeks, resulting in 9 minutes and 42 seconds of footage.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/

http://themustangsource.com/timeline/67-68/68/bullitt/

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:16
MOVED to Page 666:steamed:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:19
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/drunkhillary.jpg
:faint:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:22
:lv:

http://www.belch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/monkey-hillary.jpg

LASTRESORT20
12-31-2012, 22:23
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/tbuilt4life/werenotstupid_zpsf5fbea9b.jpg

LASTRESORT20
12-31-2012, 22:24

http://www.belch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/monkey-hillary.jpg

:shocked:

Nightmares!

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:25
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/5/26/128878574890668341.jpg

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:31
http://www.freedomsjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Secretary-of-State-Hilary-Clinton.jpg

:alex:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:34
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/7587

"Yeah, that's right, you better be nervous."

:nutcheck:

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 22:35
DAMN.......

I didn't think refilling the BloodyMary took THAT long !!!!!!!

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:45
http://i48.tinypic.com/14weig.jpg

:embarassed:

LASTRESORT20
12-31-2012, 22:45
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/7587

"Yeah, that's right, you better be nervous."

:nutcheck:

:shocked::upeyes:

Good Grief There truley is a blockage there....:supergrin:

samurairabbi
12-31-2012, 22:46
DAMN.......

I didn't think refilling the BloodyMary took THAT long !!!!!!!
Kiloliter is a rarely encountered metric term, but it is useful on this thread!

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 22:47
not enough of one yet.......

Gawd.....the poor olive is drowning, must drink faster to save him!

_The_Shadow
12-31-2012, 22:47
It is said she has a Blood Clot on her brain...I still wonder how they found the clot??? :whistling:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 22:48
http://oi46.tinypic.com/23ibdzp.jpg

:Who is this Ben Gazarra guy you keep asking about? I don't watch much TV."

countrygun
12-31-2012, 22:49
It is said she has a Blood Clot on her brain...I still wonder how they found the clot??? :whistling:

Proctology has become an exact science.

_The_Shadow
12-31-2012, 22:51
**** for Brains I suppose!!!

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 22:53
That was one of Dad's favorite sayings.....whenever I did something stupid.

_The_Shadow
12-31-2012, 23:00
Happy New Year :wow:

engineer151515
12-31-2012, 23:00
<"..... one town's very much like another when your head's down over your pieces brother. >

oops . . . music over the intercom from the Dungeon Engineering Dept.

Happy New Years. .. .

VN350X10
12-31-2012, 23:04
Roger That !

'nuther refill !

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 23:15
http://lollibela.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/political-pictures-hillary-clinton-drunk.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_r0H6v-uo2Qk/SAjfiyHZinI/AAAAAAAAA3M/cu6ty7WiOKc/s320/hillary+beer.jpg
http://snooperreport.com/storage/clinton-hillary/hillary%20gets%20drunk%20with%20wine.jpg
http://im41.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Hillary-clinton-drunk.jpg

:drunk:

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 23:24
http://steveheimoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hillarymug.jpg

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 23:32
http://www.zombietime.com/really_truly_hillary_gallery/Hillary122.jpg

ChuteTheMall
12-31-2012, 23:32
MOVED to Page 667:steamed::tongueout:

engineer151515
01-01-2013, 00:18
Jez . . . I think these guys all went to bed.

Graveyard, I want a temperature trend on the NS chillers and a DCS trend on NS Production for the last 24 hours. Someone get me some black coffee. Someone wake up the Engineering interns and tell them they can sleep on their own time.

Bullman
01-01-2013, 07:54
Well, I think I slept through "that" page. thankfully. Vanilla porter to the rescue. :drink:

VN350X10
01-01-2013, 11:17
The Gin's put away, it's COFFEE today !

again a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

uncle

samurairabbi
01-01-2013, 19:33

again a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

uncle

Maybe IRISH coffee?

VN350X10
01-01-2013, 20:05
DAMN........never thought about that.

MinervaDoe
01-01-2013, 22:25

again a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

uncle

.... THE NEW YEAR ......

A time for refection; looking forward and looking back.

Anybody (besides me) remember The Guns of Will Sonnet?

no brag just fact - YouTube

countrygun
01-01-2013, 22:35
" no brag, just fact"

VN350X10
01-02-2013, 18:40
Oh Yeah !!

ChuteTheMall
01-02-2013, 20:35
" no brag, just fact"

Wasn't that Ron Paul?

:headscratch:

countrygun
01-02-2013, 20:38
Wasn't that Ron Paul?

No, no, no, his was "No fact, just brag'

VN350X10
01-03-2013, 19:37
mis-quotes ALWAYS get folks in trouble........

samurairabbi
01-03-2013, 19:58
mis-quotes ALWAYS get folks in trouble........

... But they do enhance the enjoyment level of those OBSERVING the misquotER! Such is the way of live in the Dungeon Linguistics Unit and its associated scholarly bullshi ... Whoops! ... I mean, scholarly research entities!

VN350X10
01-03-2013, 20:18
Ah yes, the Linguistics Research & Obfuscin(sp) division.

"To confuse the obvious with the superfulis" if I remember the motto/business model correctly.

uncle

LASTRESORT20
01-03-2013, 20:32
Wasn't that Ron Paul?

Naaaaa...Hadn't seen him in awhile.

http://madmikesamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/crazyronpaul.jpg

samurairabbi
01-03-2013, 20:39
Ah yes, the Linguistics Research & Obfuscin(sp) division.

"To confuse the obvious with the superfulis" if I remember the motto/business model correctly.

uncle

... Or ... If ya can't dazzle em with brilliance ...

ChuteTheMall
01-03-2013, 21:33
http://youtu.be/QSgqrrWyF0Y

I'm sure Ron Paul has been bitten by a dead bee.

CanyonMan
01-04-2013, 17:56
.... THE NEW YEAR ......

A time for refection; looking forward and looking back.

Anybody (besides me) remember The Guns of Will Sonnet?
no brag just fact - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1qkorFszY)

My friend, as all y'all know we are ranchers way out in W. Texas, and also up in the panhandle Oklahoma with 18 sections there. Cowboyed all my life, about all I care to watch, as for movies and such are westerns and rodeo..

BUT.. Man I got to say, that out of all the westerns made on the planet, the Guns of Will Sonnet is one I can "only watch," when I am really desperate ! hahaha !

Just me, no kick on you or those who like it, but my gosh, I bought the DVD series one time when we drove into Dallas waaaay back, and got back home and man, 15 hours of constant searchin for a guy they never found ! :rofl:

Glad your happy with it ! I'll send ya my DVD pack for a gift if ya send me an address ! :supergrin:

Hope ya know all though I'm tellin the truth, I'm also messin with ya amigo ! ;)

Bless you old boys. I got to hurry up and watch the kick off for OU and A&M ..... Of course OU "WILL" and must win !

:tongueout: to all you A&M fans ! haha

Buenos Noche' Amigo's

CanyonMan

VN350X10
01-04-2013, 22:27
Good to hear from you again ! Hope you & yours had a Merry Christmas & a Happy & Safe New Year.

uncle albert

countrygun
01-04-2013, 22:56
Hey canyon Man, up until a couple of years ago my family owned some of the OK country a couple of sections out of a Podunk place called Tipton

countrygun
01-04-2013, 22:57
Oh,

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/Iam-1.jpg

CanyonMan
01-05-2013, 09:24
Good to hear from you again ! Hope you & yours had a Merry Christmas & a Happy & Safe New Year.

uncle albert

Thank you very much U.A. Yeh, I'm not around GT much any more accept to answer PM's. We had a really great Christmas, watching all the grandkids rip open the boxes....Ha.

My new years day couldn't have been safer, cause I slept in the recliner and finally got some shut eye ! haha.

Hope yours was good as well amigo.I ran acros some load data you gave me once upon a time and was meaning to give ya a call or somethin. I will when I get the time...

Well, B Safe and keep your powder dry Hombre ! ;)

CM

CanyonMan
01-05-2013, 09:35
Hey canyon Man, up until a couple of years ago my family owned some of the OK country a couple of sections out of a Podunk place called Tipton

Hey CG... Yeh y'all are way yonder south of us in Okla.
Tipton is at the southern bottom end of the state. Our place is up on the N.M. Colo. Ks. Tx. borders...

But any piece of Oklahoma is good ! ;)

Even though I am a tad ticked off that they lost that game against Texas sooooo very bad last night ! :steamed:

At least they kicked some Long Horn 'behind' in October... Ha.

Well take care amigo, and have a great New Year !

CanyonMan

Bullman
01-05-2013, 12:59
So you get to go to Guymon or Boise City for entertainment. I miss Okla, sometimes, just not in the springtime during the big tornado season. And OSU did well in their bowl game I hear. Go Pokes!!!!!

VN350X10
01-05-2013, 19:11
Bullman, you gettin' homesick on us ?

uncle

samurairabbi
01-05-2013, 19:52
Nostalgia ... It ain't what it used to be!

countrygun
01-05-2013, 19:59
Nostalgia ... It ain't what it used to be!

Yah, but "things are more like they are today than they've ever been before."

samurairabbi
01-05-2013, 20:14
Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be again.

ChuteTheMall
01-05-2013, 20:38
http://i48.tinypic.com/wa3wc8.jpg

:fred:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2e2gtoy.jpg

Bullman
01-06-2013, 04:07
Bullman, you gettin' homesick on us ?

uncle

Maybe a wee bit. Who wouldn't want to live in a place where Obama didn't carry one county?:supergrin:

CanyonMan
01-06-2013, 13:09
So you get to go to Guymon or Boise City for entertainment. I miss Okla, sometimes, just not in the springtime during the big tornado season. And OSU did well in their bowl game I hear. Go Pokes!!!!!

Hahaha... No amigo not at all man... In my wilder days, when erver we had a saturday night to "cut the wolf loose," we drove straight up to Dodge City, Ks. The "Old Doge " like on Gunsmoke. Still there and preserved. All the tourist went there, and their daughters ! I did say "the old days' ! :supergrin:

Only an hour drive up to Dodge from the ranch. Guymon and Boise city (in my 'younger days' looking for fights, thrills and action, and the ladies, etc) just didn't have much to offer over Dodge.

Man I am glad I'm older now and smarter ! :supergrin:

Now it's time to hit the recliner after a day in the saddle and brush, or whatever else. haha

Well, gotta run ( or limp) gents, so adios til next time

Y'all be good !

CanyonMan

_The_Shadow
01-06-2013, 14:28
Oh I remember my younger days, the things I'd do if I could relive them! Now where is TARDIS or that Delorean, I got so work to do!
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6200000/Tardis-tardis-6289829-1024-768.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/1515_10151414641261660_69101147_n.jpg

samurairabbi
01-06-2013, 16:10
Ya know you're getting old ... when it takes you all night to do what ya used to do all night!

VN350X10
01-06-2013, 21:56
But it still has the same effect.......I'm tired & cranky in the morning.....

samurairabbi
01-07-2013, 07:42
Coming up on the 8:40PM twelfth anniversary blowout. Get your preferences on food and libations to the Dungeon Logistics Crew. Failure to do so would mean you would be stuck with consuming the vaguely satisfactory cuisine we foist off on the common-rabble-9-and-40-crowd hangers-on.

VN350X10
01-07-2013, 21:24
My order for shrimp & Crown Royal stands, as usual. If you can't make it better, just don't screw it up !

uncle

ChuteTheMall
01-08-2013, 06:54
But it still has the same effect.......I'm tired & cranky in the morning.....

Crank it in the morning, nap in the afternoon.:fred:

_The_Shadow
01-08-2013, 08:11
Let's get some crabs and crawfish also for the 8:40PM twelfth anniversary blowout.
Some JD for sippin' too!

samurairabbi
01-08-2013, 17:26
The Lagoon Blowout Buffet is noted for accommodating ALL 10-Ringer's consumable preferences. Simply getting by is more the style of the common-rabble-9-and-40-crowd cretins.

VN350X10
01-08-2013, 20:25
No Shadow, JD is for mixing with Coca-Cola !

samurairabbi
01-08-2013, 20:35

Unkle, your outlook is perhaps too limited. The three J's (JW, JB, JD) have collectively achieved a general purpose identity that makes them ideally suited to the outlook on life generally perceived by the inebriated 10-Ringer. (pardon my redundancy) Any attempt to limit the applicability of these three ingredients to restricted aspects of life would be ... well ... boorish in the extreme!

_The_Shadow
01-08-2013, 20:35

So is the Bacardi rum...The CocaCola is a given!:drink:

VN350X10
01-08-2013, 20:39
And your point is WHAT, Rabbi ?

samurairabbi
01-08-2013, 20:52
And your point is WHAT, Rabbi ?

Actually, Unkle, whether I actually HAVE a point is immaterial to the function of this thread. I see my purpose in that post as providing some scholarly sounding discourse as counterpoint to the RIDR prevalent in the 10-Ring runup to the 8:40PM Twelfth Anniversary blowout. Any expression of concern about whether I actually HAVE a point is ... well ... pointless!

countrygun
01-08-2013, 21:20
I probably am being overtly obvious by bringing up the issue, but I just want to make sure that it hasn't been overlooked.

I assume we are using the standard dodge...errrr.. I mean "protocol" of beginning the festivities with each attendee standing up, declaring what business they are in and saying a couple of words bout it, and then we pass out some phony....errrr I mean, "semi significant" paperwork declaring the event to be an "'advertising optimization and experience exchange seminar" so that all expense become deductible?

_The_Shadow
01-09-2013, 07:50
Deduct first, they question everything anyway! Besides when preparing such paperwork, you decide how much you want back, then work the forms backwards to achieve the desired results! [$$$] :whistling:

VN350X10
01-09-2013, 19:13
EXACTLY.......and to the point !

samurairabbi
01-09-2013, 19:27
Countrygun, your proposed writeoff method lacks elegance, since it would require the blitzed 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) to go to the bother of actually standing up, and then say something coherent!

Instead, a Proficient Dungeon Bullshi ... Whoops! ... Financial Accounting Analyst! ... will present a summary of our latest earnings projections. We shall then waive a roll call vote by a voice vote, and then adopt the proposed plan, again by a voice vote.

This method means the participants will only have to croak out some kind of VERBAL response, doing so only twice, and remain seated ... or slouched ... or prone ... or in whatever demented physical configurations they happen to be occupying.

countrygun
01-09-2013, 20:42
Countrygun, your proposed writeoff method lacks elegance, since it would require the blitzed 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) to go to the bother of actually standing up, and then say something coherent!

Instead, a Proficient Dungeon Bullshi ... Whoops! ... Financial Accounting Analyst! ... will present a summary of our latest earnings projections. We shall then waive a roll call vote by a voice vote, and then adopt the proposed plan, again by a voice vote.

This method means the participants will only have to croak out some kind of VERBAL response, doing so only twice, and remain seated ... or slouched ... or prone ... or in whatever demented physical configurations they happen to be occupying.

point of order.

I never even implied the word "coherence".

I am not that idealistic. I would no more expect that than I would a world Series Pennant for the Cubs. I still watch the games however.

samurairabbi
01-09-2013, 20:48
point of order.

I never even implied the word "coherence".

I am not that idealistic. I would no more expect that than I would a world Series Pennant for the Cubs. I still watch the games however.

My error. I misinterpreted the words "declaring what business they are in and saying a couple of words bout it" as implying.some sort of coherence standard.

My bad.

countrygun
01-09-2013, 21:09
My error. I misinterpreted the words "declaring what business they are in and saying a couple of words bout it" as implying.some sort of coherence standard.

My bad.

Well I admit that the "standing" part was a bit optimistic on my part. Perhaps we could procure the assisted lift recliners to give the illusion of an upright position. they would also make certain bodily functions a little neater.

samurairabbi
01-10-2013, 10:03
Well I admit that the "standing" part was a bit optimistic on my part. Perhaps we could procure the assisted lift recliners to give the illusion of an upright position. they would also make certain bodily functions a little neater.

Providing such recliners would be very capital intensive and chew up valuable meeting hall floor area. I suggest asking Tazz to provide the Swedish Bikini Team for such an assignment, as they have demonstrated a proficiency in bringing 10-Ring members to erect positions. (Go ahead, groan all you want, but in the end you will laugh at my pun)

VN350X10
01-10-2013, 21:51
Even if I DID manage to utter a coherent phrase about what I do for a living, noboby would EVER believe me....even sober!:rofl:

But I do wish that I had worked at my current employer when I was single......:whistling:

samurairabbi
01-10-2013, 22:09
Unkle, an important life lesson:

ACTUAL coherence is overrated
Giving an IMPRESSION of coherence is what counts!

VN350X10
01-10-2013, 22:15
Important actual fact:

I'm saddened to report that we have lost one of our greatest ambassodors for the sport of shooting.

Bob Munden passed away 1 month ago today, 12-10-12.

Read obit at:
bobmunden.com

Time to go dig out one of the six-guns in his honor.

uncle

MinervaDoe
01-10-2013, 22:24
That's a shame. Bob Munden was amazing.

samurairabbi
01-10-2013, 22:32
As the British saying goes: He had good innings.

_The_Shadow
01-11-2013, 09:27
Bob Munden R.I.P.:patriot:, he was shown on the Outdoor Channel's Impossiple Shots the other night doing a coin spinning with his 45LC! Always enjoyed his showmanship!
The other guy featured was the "Mr. Flintlock" George Sutton.
http://www.shootingusa.com/IMPOSSIBLE_SHOTS/impossible_shots.html

countrygun
01-11-2013, 12:01
There was quite a bit of speculation among the .40/9mm crowd about his reputation and whether or not if was earned etc. As far as I see it from my perspective, by doing such a job of promotion, and with his obvious skills, the legend did become fact and his ability to make it so is something I think 10ringer's can admire as it's own separate accomplishment from a business perspective. Certainly his talent for self promotion was put to an honest use and not sullied by politics or some other lesser vice.

MinervaDoe
01-11-2013, 18:53
Certainly his talent for self promotion was put to an honest use and not sullied by politics or some other lesser vice.
Which reminds me....
is there a new Shamwa man now?

VN350X10
01-11-2013, 21:05
This is where having six-guns in both 10MM & .45 LC is a comfort.

Now if I could just move that fast..........:rofl:

ChuteTheMall
01-11-2013, 22:04
Which reminds me....
is there a new Shamwa man now?

jes:supergrin:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2duguuu.jpg

MinervaDoe
01-11-2013, 23:17
:rofl::rofl: I hear that about half the country is buying it. :rofl::rofl:

VN350X10
01-12-2013, 16:17
Sham is a good word for it.........:rofl:

uncle

_The_Shadow
01-12-2013, 21:05

He sort of looks like a skinny Arnold Schwarzenegger...
http://img.timeinc.net/time/2009/time_100_walkup/arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

VN350X10
01-12-2013, 21:27
Maybe Ahnold's arm.....?

Q-Ball
01-13-2013, 08:21
Baaaaaaazzzzzzzooooooooiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg........
Man,,,, I'm glad that's over, batteries finally ran down.
Sammi, What year is it anyway?
Q

samurairabbi
01-13-2013, 09:22
Baaaaaaazzzzzzzooooooooiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg........
Man,,,, I'm glad that's over, batteries finally ran down.
Sammi, What year is it anyway?
Q

I shall answer in classic "creative" accounting fashion:

What year do you WANT it to be?

VN350X10
01-13-2013, 16:30
Well, the new Mayan calenders are avaliable, if that means anything.........:whistling:

samurairabbi
01-13-2013, 16:51
Well, the new Mayan calenders are avaliable, if that means anything.........:whistling:

If you wait another couple weeks, you can get them at 80% off list!

VN350X10
01-13-2013, 17:13
Works for me, I can drink in the meantime........
Gunshow today.....Colt 6620's @ $2695.99, SS109 62 gr Green Tip @ $1.00/rd, AK magazines $40.00-$60.00 ea, U.S. GI AR-15 Mags from $20.00 to $35.00 ea, no.22 LR to be found, 7.62X39 from $.60 to $1.00 /rd.

Da people is krazie I tell you !
Stripped AR-15 lowers, from $250.00 & UP !!

Oh yeah, the U.S. GI mags were used & BEAT !!

Only bargain of the show, guys selling excellent bacon, 4 lbs./$15.00 !

uncle

ps
When I buy a new Mayan calender, it wil be @ 98% off of list price !

u.a

MinervaDoe
01-13-2013, 17:35
Maybe Ahnold's arm.....?
I was thinking of a more posterior part of the anatomy.

http://www.sabinabecker.com/images/horse-ass.jpg

samurairabbi
01-13-2013, 19:16
Unkle, the high prices on the beater AR GI mags is driven partly by one obscure aspect of past and current mag bans: if you own a preban hicap, it is legal to REPAIR it by replacing the "controlled" mag body with an otherwise disallowed hicap mag body. Most people assume this exemption will be part of whatever federal ban may be coming, so they are snarfing down the beaters as well as the newbie's.

VN350X10
01-13-2013, 21:09
This may well be true. But I still can get new, in wrapper of various contract mfgr's. for around $35.00 or so. I feel that we are just seeing panic buying at it's utmost.

uncle

ChuteTheMall
01-13-2013, 22:21
Forget the Mayans and their stupid calendar.

The new Hooters Calendar is here!!!

NSFW

http://i50.tinypic.com/2lt63jd.jpg

ChuteTheMall
01-13-2013, 22:22
MOVED to Page 670:tongueout:

LASTRESORT20
01-13-2013, 23:11
~ And Then There Were None ~

http://i.theones2watch.com/wp-content/latest/andthentherewerenone04.jpg

VN350X10
01-14-2013, 19:19
Oh Bother !

_The_Shadow
01-16-2013, 17:23
AWNAA (Americans With No Abilities Act).... POI
CLASSIC!"President Barack Obama and the Democratic Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition."Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?""As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so."We have kick-started this program byhaving a POI in the White-house.

Rabbi, somebody's beem reading your play book of dungeon etiquette!

samurairabbi
01-16-2013, 17:46
We're not worried about security leaks of our Dungeon operating guides. As the old Mark Twain joke concludes: They know the words, but they can't carry the tune!

countrygun
01-16-2013, 20:04
The AWNAA is just the result of program for those people that was started with good intentions. I was originally called "Congress" where the people would elect the village idiot and send them off to pretend to do something and give their pointless lives a bit of meaning.

ChuteTheMall
01-16-2013, 20:08
paragraphs.

VN350X10
01-16-2013, 20:16
Or the tuna !

_The_Shadow
01-17-2013, 09:06
paragraphs.

No, its just like Government...out of both sides of their mouths spewing trash talk!:soap:

VN350X10
01-17-2013, 12:58
Oh, like a used car salesman ??

MinervaDoe
01-18-2013, 23:37
Ferris Bueller's Day Off ( It's Over, Go Home [ Ending ]) - YouTube

VN350X10
01-19-2013, 19:20
The popcorn's gone, you heard him, GO HOME !

_The_Shadow
01-20-2013, 08:11
Do you think this is on FindSwine's Ban List?
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/199292_467491173272168_135561644_n.jpg

MinervaDoe
01-20-2013, 17:58
Do you think this is on FindSwine's Ban List?
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/199292_467491173272168_135561644_n.jpg
Since the liberal fascists learned everything they know about guns from Hollywood films, if it was in a movie, they'll try and ban it.

Look at some of the nonsense they have banned in the past.

Flashhiders: (prevents the shooter from being distracted by the flash, but I get the impression that politicians think it makes the shooter invisible).

Sawed off shotguns: (Essentially a low pressure shotgun, but politicians have this confused with a shotgun with no choke). :dunno:

High flow toilets: (Essentially requiring us to have toilets that need to be flushed three times).

Propane powered vehicles are illegal in California: (These clean running vehicles produce little pollution and are so clean the engine life is extended, yet they you can't register one in CA).

countrygun
01-20-2013, 18:17
Propane powered vehicles are illegal in California: (These clean running vehicles produce little pollution and are so clean the engine life is extended, yet they you can't register one in CA).

I cannot go without mentioning outlawing regular old-fashioned lightbulbs thus mandating the use of the new expensive high tech ones with mercury in them. You have to call a haz-mat team if the break and how many of them end up in landfills or in the environment.?

VN350X10
01-20-2013, 18:30
And since mercury is on the "bad" list, no mfg'r. can build them here.

Guess where children ????????????

That's right Boys & Girls, our friends in CHINA.

Isn't that just swell ?

uncle albert

MinervaDoe
01-20-2013, 18:51
No pun intended,but there is a bright light on the horizon. If (and when) the prices on LEDs come down, and maybe when they can make them so they give off a little more light, we can replace those nasty fluorescents. The thing that irks me, is LEDs consume so little power, and last for over twenty years, so if the government hadn't passed another stupid law, they could have simply educated the public to the advantages and let the free market take its course. :deadhorse::soap:

I've heard that people are trying to get around the incandescent bulb laws by selling them as space heaters. btw, how will I repair my Suzy Homemaker oven now?

_The_Shadow
01-20-2013, 19:14
here is where they intend on putting us!
MUST see - BANNED! Jesse Ventura : Police State Full Episode [HD] - YouTube

countrygun
01-20-2013, 19:21
No pun intended,but there is a bright light on the horizon. If (and when) the prices on LEDs come down, and maybe when they can make them so they give off a little more light, we can replace those nasty fluorescents. The thing that irks me, is LEDs consume so little power, and last for over twenty years, so if the government hadn't passed another stupid law, they could have simply educated the public to the advantages and let the free market take its course. :deadhorse::soap:

I've heard that people are trying to get around the incandescent bulb laws by selling them as space heaters. btw, how will I repair my Suzy Homemaker oven now?

There will still be politicians and do-gooders to muckle things up

_The_Shadow
01-21-2013, 16:43
Bud the Cowboy

(your smile for theday)

A cowboynamed Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Montana whensuddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglassesand YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell youexactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me acalf?"

Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at hispeacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects itto his Cingular RAZR V3® cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet,where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which hethen feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in anultra-high-resolutionphoto.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exportsit to an image processing facility in Hamburg,Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot® that the image hasbeen processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® databasethrough an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry® and,after a few minutes, receives aresponse.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You haveexactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves,"says Bud.

Hewatches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement asthe young man stuffs it into the trunk of hiscar.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly whatyour business is will you give me back mycalf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, whynot?"

"You're a Congressman for the U.S.

Government",says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie; "but how did youguess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed uphere even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer Ialready knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worthof equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don'tknow a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for thatmatter. This is a herd of sheep.
Now give me back my dog.”

AND THAT, FOLKS, IS WHAT THE

PROBLEM IS ALL ABOUT

dryfly
01-21-2013, 19:17
Cowboys, sheep, dogs, cows and calves, congessmen, and AWNAA...Holy sweet liberal jeezus i am finally starting to understand you ten ringers after scratching my head for two years watching this thread...irrisputably !

VN350X10
01-21-2013, 19:40
dryfly,

It would be to your advantage to go to the beginning & read this entire thread.
Not only for the deep humor contained within, but to give you some insight as to the actual intelligence of those of us here. Even when joking, we contain enough knowledge to scare mere mortals. No brag, just fact.

And if you like sci-fi, by ALL means, read the books by member MinervaDoe. Chronos is excellent, and relevent !

uncle albert

ChuteTheMall
01-21-2013, 19:52
It's best to speed read it all in one sitting, even if you have to miss a day or two from work. The momentum helps.

VN350X10
01-21-2013, 20:02
I figured that once he got started,he wouldn't be able to stop anyhow !

uncle

ChuteTheMall
01-21-2013, 20:05
For a truly deep and transcendental understanding of the thread, don't merely read it; translate it into pig latin.

:shocked: