need help and info from veterans [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : need help and info from veterans

hangmans joke
08-09-2004, 22:11
veterans .
hi , i dont know where to start ,but i know some veterans here in glocktalk. i got a call today that was big surprise to me, it was a man who was stationed with my dad in the navy during the war, he told me he had looked for my dad for several years , i was all choked up from hearing this. he told me that him and my dad was friends, unfortunately my mom told him my dad passed away in 1995 , from cancer. he told us that my dad had given him an item to send to him back in the us . he will send the item to my mom in the mail.

he told her that a picture of him and my dad and other navy members were posted in his newspaper in ohio , hes gonna send the newspaper also , he said the group of veterans were called the atomic veterans. my dad was there in japan when and during the bomb. the man also has cancer and is dying.he also said they were exposed to radiation there, he told me i could contact the government for benefits or any inforamtion or basically just anything to do with my dad , info and what not . i was wondering if any veterans here would know who to contact or get in touch with for some help on this matter . if your a veteran or know one please refer me to right contacts, i thought i might sart with the american legion , any help is appreciated ,thanks hj

Old NFO
08-10-2004, 06:45
Originally posted by hangmans joke
i was wondering if any veterans here would know who to contact or get in touch with for some help on this matter . if your a veteran or know one please refer me to right contacts, i thought i might sart with the american legion , any help is appreciated ,thanks hj

Hangman, try this site- It has a lot of info on it and might help in your search-

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/atomicveteran/

Jim
---------

hangmans joke
08-10-2004, 13:01
thank you ,for site. you dont know what it means to me.:)

hj

Old NFO
08-10-2004, 15:15

hj

Hey hj, you gotta understand- once you've been there, you'll help anybody, anytime, because you know they will do the same for you.
r,
jim

RussP
08-10-2004, 15:30

hj Ya wanna bet on that? You'd lose...

Where in Carolina are you. My family came from the Benson, Smithfield, Four Oaks area near Raleigh.

hangmans joke
08-10-2004, 18:53
Originally posted by RussP
Ya wanna bet on that? You'd lose...

Where in Carolina are you. My family came from the Benson, Smithfield, Four Oaks area near Raleigh. \\

hi russ , my dad is orignally from orange county, around rougemont ,but we live in sanford area in lee county, almost in middle of state.

hj

rlbgfish173
08-12-2004, 09:40
You also may want to try brothersboundbyhonor.com