Need help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help

JAREDG21
08-10-2004, 00:28
Hi My name is Cathy and I am Jaredg21's gf and I need your help. I am going to be getting my chp soon and I need help choosing a method of carry. My bf has been carrying for years but he has no idea on how to advise me on what and how to carry. I am very physically active in my job and do not want to have it on my body just on the night deposit after work. I am not interested in carrying all the time. I don't likea purse so purse carry is out. I am debating a G21 in a safe packer. I just wanted to get a idea about what you carry and how you carry it. Any suggesstions will help.

c-mama
08-10-2004, 22:34
Hi Cathy! I cannot advise you since I do not carry. But you can do a search in this forum and in the "carry" forum for ideas. It's all personal. Some gals carry in a purse, some in a fanny pack, some in a smart carry.

I hope you are able to find something that suits you well.

You should also see about going to any local gun shows. They sell different purses (I know you said you don't use a purse) and fanny packs and different forms of carry that you can at least try out and see first hand.

SouthernGal
08-11-2004, 14:10
I replied to a different thread above on the same topic.

I would recommend trying out several different pistols that you like before you make a decision on what you want to buy and carry. When I first got a CWP in TN back in 1999 my husband at the time picked out my pistol for me and gave it to me as a birthday gift. I found out later that there were a lot of other pistols out there that would have been better suited for me. That's why I bought my Glock back in June. My recommendation is just to shop around and try as many different possibilities as you can before you make a decision. Only you will know which one you are most comfortable with (what works in a man's hand may not work as well in yours).

When I carry my .380 I just put it into a leather "sleeve" and clip it's clip to my belt line from the inside. I don't wear a belt either, as I can't find any that fit me. I pull my shirt down over it. During the winter, I sometimes just carry it in my pocket.

For now, when I carry the G19 I just put it over on the seat of the car until I reach my destination. I haven't gotten a holster for it yet and I'm still debating which one I want, which is one reason I found this website. I want to investigate my options before I buy. My G19 is twice the gun my Colt is, it is harder to conceal, but it is easier to shoot.

Take your time making your decision. Nothing is worse than buying a gun and then realizing that it isn't exactly what you needed or wanted.

Jaegergirl
08-11-2004, 16:17
hi cathy,

i do not carry yet either (but plan on it once i can find time to take the 12 hour class) so i can't give you any advice there BUT i do have a gun, a g26, and got it as a mother's day present with the intent to carry it eventually. i will either carry it in my purse or on my person. i know for a fact i won't use a IWB holster. just doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

good luck in your search and like southerngal said, take your time before you buy. it took me 2 months of research and going to gun stores to make my decision (but then again, i don't make any "big" purchase without researching it to death first. :) ;) ).

Vic303
08-12-2004, 03:23
Cathy, I generally carry IWB. Holster is a Threatsolutions UCR. Pistol of choice is a Kimber Ultra CDP I, 1911. Alternate holster (for summer especially) is a Smart Carry holster, as it can be worn with stuff like gym shorts. Alternate pistol is a Taurus 605 .357 revolver. For off-body carry I use a Coronado Leather purse. That about covers it!