Hey guys! I really need help with my laptop. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! I really need help with my laptop.

LordGlide
08-10-2004, 12:11
Hello 1 and all. First of all I'd like to say thank you to all the people that helped me during the last time I had problems with my computer. I really appreciate your help. And secondly .. I've gotten myself and my computer into another fix .. and I don't know how to work my way out. I've recently downloaded Norton Antivirus 2004 trial version and a Spy Docter and I've run scans and all. After running the scan on Spydoctor .. it picks up a few adware and it deletes them and then I run Norton Antivirus and I find 83 other adware that my Spy docter program couldn't detect along with a blood hound exploit thingie and some other viruses and my Nortan Antivirus is not able to delete these and it just shows them every time I run a scan and I'm worried. Meanwhile I try to open my internet explorer and it wouldn't start up and all it gives me is that 1 message that says that there's an error and that I should send this error message report the program created for me to Microsof.t So now I'm going to my normal windows (Like My Computer, and other folders etc.. ) and after I connect to the internet I can go to places in there and all. So .. can someone tell me how I can get rid of all the adware downloader programs and remove the Bloodhound exploit thing and the other trojans and also get my Internet explorer to work right again? Please help me get out of this fix guys, it would really help if I can get all this junk cleared up before I'm back in school. Thanks in advance to all the people that have read my post and are trying to help me. I really appreciate this and I sware I'll do anything I can to help you too in return for your help.

sandboy6184
08-10-2004, 12:30
1. dont use Internet explorer, use firefox or mozilla.

NetNinja
08-10-2004, 12:34
Have you read the sticky at the top of this tech forum?

David_G17
08-10-2004, 12:42
try Spy Bot Search & Destroy.

LordGlide
08-10-2004, 22:35
1. thanks .. I'll tey to get one of those browsers.

2. No sorry .. I haven't read the sticky.

3. Thank you I'll try to get that and see what happens.

berniew
08-11-2004, 07:03
Reboot in safe mode if necessary to remove spyware

BikerGoddess
08-11-2004, 08:48
Where did you get the spyware software? Some of it is disguised spyware itself...

If you paid for Norton, then trust what it tells you.

Personally, I'd start over. Back up your data files. Reinstall OS. Reinstall software from disc. Manually reconfigure. Scan data before copying over.

But then, I'm a geek and I like doing that kinda thing.

Laura

LordGlide
08-11-2004, 09:21
thanks for all your help guys. It really helps.