All graphic program experts, please come here! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : All graphic program experts, please come here!

LordGlide
08-11-2004, 00:23
Can you please suggest a good program that llows me to create good graphics .. edit existing ones and possibly .. make 3d graphics and animations? Not too interested about the 3d figures and animation part .. mostly concerned about making the best graphic possible and a really simple, easy to use but effective art program to go with it. Thanks guys. You're the best.

Thirties
08-11-2004, 06:56
Adobe Illustrator for vector graphics (smooth lines and edges); Adobe Photoshop for the pixel type images (photographs, washes, etc.), and QuarkXPress for page make up.

These are professional tools, not toys. They cost a lot to buy. But nothing comes close to them for capability. Available in Windoze and Mac OS

LordGlide
08-11-2004, 09:26
Thanks but what I really wanted the programs to create characters for my stories and I wanted the art program to just draw neat pictures for the grapics program.

rotinom
08-11-2004, 09:41
Check out GIMP. Similar to Photoshop, and almost as powerful. To top it off, its free.

check it out at http://www.gimp.org/

LordGlide
08-11-2004, 21:29
any good programs for animation? and 3d characters?

DigitalRaptor
08-21-2004, 03:00
Is this a personal project or a commercial one? 3D programs are VERY expensive if your work is commercial in nature. If it's personal work, you can dowload GMAX by Discreet. It is a free version of one of their high-end programs.

You might also want to try Milkshape for your 3D work. Not sure how much it is but it's very popular with people who make mods for computer games.

Other 3D packages include Lightwave, Softimage, and Maya

Hope this helps.:cool: